Jump to content

RobMc

** Registered Users
  • Posts

    6451
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    174
  • Donations

    410.00 USD 
  • Points

    58,077 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by RobMc

  1. RobMc

    Cars

    Yea most recalls and fixes seem down to electrical problems, especially with infotainent, Mitsubishi were a great make 20 years ago, a shame. Report here recently, which is true, a lady was parked and a truck knocked her wing mirror off. Bad enough as they're expensive now not being simple, however it was much worse as she could not start the car. A sensor in the car noted a collision and blew off a charge in the electrical system I presume in case of fire?? the repair was going to cost thousands, ridiculous over engineering.
  2. RobMc

    Cars

    Now I'm aware that every country has different wants and requirements, but am I the only one disgruntled at the current models available? I'm looking for a new car, I buy and own them by the way, and very few manufacturers seem to make cars for me now. I WANT Reliability with a proven engine and gearbox (I need automatic now which normally I'd avoid), simple and cheap to maintain, with basic instrumentation, dials and knobs so you can adjust things without your eyes leaving the road. I don't mind winding down windows manually, and a MUST is a full size spare wheel. Cheap servicing that can be done at home without a computer and if in an accident cheap repair costs to keep insurance claims reasonable. I DON'T WANT Engines that are anything but reliable, wet belts, belts at the back of the engine meaning engine out to change, oil so thin it fails to lubricate, piston rings that fail to stop fuel contamination. Direct injection causing carbon build up, engine design so complicated even mechanics struggle, useless auto boxes like manual autos and dsg. I don't want Apple play, somewhere to charge my phone, HUD, bumpers that if you actually use them cost an arm and leg to replace, millions of sensors and computers linked to a canbus wiring. Lane assist, radar, infotainment, speakers where the spare wheel should sit etc etc etc But most importantly of all I wouldn't want to get into huge debts as a youngster paying for all this crap, buying a means of transport that will cripple you financially. I'm not suggesting going back to the model T, but I feel the way it's going cars may become less not more reliable, for those of us not being forced to go electric
  3. Congrats you look mean in the uniform
  4. But still you play them ?? you're like me, no hope for us is there?
  5. Roses are red Violets are blue You chucked me out You're now number two
  6. Here we go again??? has the last one ditched you??
  7. You an electrician?? Hope you're not a gas engineer? Luv Rob
  8. We'll get there Boss
  9. Hate to break the news buddy but your beauty sleep wouldn't work even if you went in a coma
  10. Hey now???????????? It's pistols at dawn for you and me wingnut, I won't have any of my girls insulted, see you at dawn.
  11. Rob guarantees all the ladies will be serviced, you can trust Rob
  12. You should have stopped and left the wife while you went fishing?
  13. xxxxxxxxxxoooooooooo!
  14. Great way to get the girls on your side buddy?
  15. Used to love playing with you mate, good luck in the future, ps Beers and EC are dangerous company, but luckily poor shots. ?
  16. We just need Barron, a fiddle and a log fire for a great night
  17. Come on Mark look at the bright side, that makes 4 beers that will never be exported
  18. RobMc

    Darts!

    Hoodlum ?
  19. I normally don't like putting up Youtube vids, (most of us know why) but I'm sure the idiots would love to see this years meet, greet and drill held in the UK. Special guests were @BUDMAN and @TBB who swam over from the States, in the front row on the left. Bonus points for those spotting @monkie @Ghostlupus and @Totty warming up before a great night in the park toilets, well done all of you with a warm toast of Whisky, 'bottoms up'
  20. Lots of ladies say @TBB is strong, unfortunately it's his odour ?
  21. It means my boy that AI recognises a greater intelligence so shuts down to avoid being humbled. If you're having trouble with your English I'm always available, and cheap, don't rely on apps when Robs here. ps I'm also very modest, ask @TBBor @BUDMAN
  22. I'll wear flip flops like the rest of my country
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.