Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

water woes

Dark Asylumn

• Member ID:  809
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979
  • Device:  Windows

fucking water either its flooding where you dont want it  or the stupid water supply pump blows out.  we have too much water outside and none coming through the pipes yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  time to go dig in the mud.

we have a very old in well pump with an in ground pressure tank.  well I will give you 3 guesses what they used to make the inground tanks out of.   

wow your good got it on the first guess.  now how stupid is that  you put a metal tank in a saturated ground and 40 years later you have a swiss cheese pressure tank.  so I get to convert the in well in ground tank  and pump to a above ground jet pump setup.   thankfully the 40+ year old well and casing are in great condition.  but damn  I hate plumbing  

my jeans dont fit my ass correctly to be a plumber.  I can never the the crack showing right lol

• Member ID:  36
  • Followers:  124
  • Topic Count:  235
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3845
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  34608
  • Days Won:  17
  • Birthday:  11/22/1968
  • Device:  Windows

lol good luck with that and I have the crack for you plumbers_crack.jpg

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Count your blessings, Dark!  We're on the mains supply here and it is now a French-owned company who obviously wish to settle their country's national debt by charging us big money for this natural resource!  Another private company manages the sewerage system and even levies a charge for disposal of the rainwater that falls on our homes and the road outside!  Total of water + sewerage = US$ 1400-1500 per year!  The French company wrote to me ("Occupier") the other inviting me to telephone them at my expense to provide them with my name!!!  They got a (free-of-charge) email in response, pointing out they knew my name and my bank account details! 

Public utilities used to be owned by us all as nationalised entities but privatisation serves not the public but the rich share-holders instead.

I would not mind so much if you could drink the heavily chlorinated crap that comes out of the taps (faucets).  We have to spend extra money on filters to make the stuff drinkable.  I drink bottled spring water only, these days, as the mains water is so full of chemicals.

I've recently had to start buying special blocks to put in the WC cisterns as the toilets stop working properly if limescale builds up too!

We're now waiting for a Drought Order to be invoked as they reckon we've had the driest March for ages.  The car can stay dirty in that case!

Yeah, I'd dig in the mud willingly!Wink

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18139
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132930
  • Days Won:  263
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946