Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Woot 14 Championships

Angel

• Member ID:  46
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11

Way to go Tide....shut those LSU Tigers Down....21-0.   I am so proud of my bama team and the defense tonite was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Ok just had to come on and brag...back to bed now, I am currently put on bedrest till I get better.  See ya'll soon!!

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

It was a hell of a game. I do not think anyone can make an argument for a 'shared' championship.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

bumpity fuckin bump bump bump!!!!! where ya at RD??????????

ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!

• Member ID:  859
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  681
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4117
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1968

Glad that 'Bama won.  Les Miles is an ass.

Congrats to you Tidesters.

The SEC is BY FAR the toughest & best college football conference.... I just hate that it is getting watered-down by allowing in teams that aren't even in the friggin' Southeast.  Damn sellout asshole SEC Commissioner.... fucking up our elite conference for a few more $$$$$.  That sucks a fat dick & I hope he gets fired for fucking up a good thing.

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

I hope that you get better Angel, that game should of helped. Sounds like a great one.

• Member ID:  2794
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1080
  • Birthday:  11/11/1976

I can't even call that a game.  2 teams may have showed up, but only one actually played.  Congratz to bama for stellar defense.  Les Miles lost that game by leaving Jefferson's sorry ass in and not giving Lee a shot. What's the worst that could have happened, them losing?? I feel sorry for Jarret Lee, he carried the LSU offense to the first Bama game, and what did he get in return? He got to take a knee on the last play in the SEC championship game. What a slap in the fucking face.  Forget any chance Lee may have had going pro.  If I were him, I would have walked up and punched Les in the fucking mouth.  Hell, I wanted to punch Les in the mouth.  I hope whatever favors the boosters called in to get Jefferson off on those charges was worth losing the title game. Should have left his dumb ass in jail.

>>>Let's recap:

Option - fail

screen pass - fail

shovel pass - intercepted

run game - fail

Jefferson throwing accurate passes - fail

dropped snaps - 2

4th and 18 - fumble

stupid looks on Jefferson's face when his plays failed - well, damn near every play

Common sense to take your failing QB out and give your accurately passing QB a shot (because you sure as hell have nothing to lose) - absent

OMFG what a travesty!

Only redeeming trait of that game, is that it was the end of Jefferson's football career.

I still bleed purple and gold, and always will!

Ferret

The SEC is BY FAR the toughest & best college football conference.... I just hate that it is getting watered-down by allowing in teams that aren't even in the friggin' Southeast.  Damn sellout asshole SEC Commissioner.... fucking up our elite conference for a few more $$$$$.  That sucks a fat dick & I hope he gets fired for fucking up a good thing.

I concur!

agree with both......it kind of bothered me in a way, I was like that is NOT the LSU team we first played.   I dont know if they went in knowing they could take the Tide again or Bama just came prepared and LSU was in shock.  It was a great game.  And ty bushape.

• Member ID:  22339
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1715
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  12965
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972
  • Device:  Windows

Ferret

Wow, Ferret, tell us how you really feel.  lol  I have to agree though.  The SEC is absolutely the toughest in the country.  

Some of you know already that I'm a "Cock lover" but I pull for Bama when they're not playing Carolina and I was certainly saying "Roll Tide" last night.  Smile  

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

As I was watching in the second quarter it was rather obvious nit wasn't the same LSU team  cus their body language said they didn't want to be there! I wonder if they thought in their minds they really lucked out the first time or not but Bama kicked ass last night for sure and the score actually did the game an injustice from Bama's perspective! LSU didn't even show up!

BurningBright
Ferret

Wow, Ferret, tell us how you really feel.  lol  I have to agree though.  The SEC is absolutely the toughest in the country.  

Some of you know already that I'm a "Cock lover" but I pull for Bama when they're not playing Carolina and I was certainly saying "Roll Tide" last night.  Smile  

I am a Tennessee alumni/ hardcore Big Orange fan... so I'm a little frustrated these days.... sorry for the vulgarity.

Back in my frat boy UT college days in the early 90's (when we OWNED 'Bama), on the "third Saturday in October" UT-Bama gameday, we hung up a big banner on an overpass bridge on I-75 coming into Knoxville that said "Bear Bryant wore panties" just to feck with incoming Tide fans.   There were about 20 of us UT guys feeling cocky, and a car with 3 or 4 Bama fans pulled up, and threatened to "kill us" (un-quote) if we didn't take the banner down.  We laughed at them & chased them off... but within 5 minutes there were 7 or 8 cars full o' (mostly drunk) Bama fans up there ripping down the sign (they tore it down & actually BURNED it right there on the overpass).  So we wisely got the hell out of dodge.... they were *serious* about killing us, lol.  The Highway Patrol had to come to break it up.

LESSON: do NOT slander Bear Bryant around 'Bama fans - they WILL actually try to kill you  Frown

Even if the Vols suck these days, glad an SEC school NOT coached by Les Miles won it all.  And the Bear was a good coach - even if he did secretly wear panties.  ;)

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

Great showing by Alabama.  I gotta take my hat off to Nick Saban, he is a class act and a hell of a coach.  I have never liked LSU and I do not care for Les Miles.  Bama really played the perfect game.  LSU came out flat and looked like shit.  Congrats to Bama!

Ferrett....I take personal offense to your comments about the SEC adding new teams.  I went to Texas A&M and am very excited about moving to the SEC.  Sure, we will have a rough time getting acclimated at first, but I would expect us to be competitive in many sports - including football.  Arkansas used to be in our conference years ago and we traded licks with them every year.  They had a rough transition when they went to the SEC, but look at them now, they are a pretty good football program.  Stay tuned.....the Aggies might surprise a few of your "old school" SEC teams.  Oh yeah......Bear Bryant was coach of the Aggies before he coached at Alabama.  I look forward to forging new rivalries and taking on new challenges as a new member of the SEC......thanks for the nice welcome, Ferret.

Bigmeandean
As I was watching in the second quarter it was rather obvious nit wasn't the same LSU team  cus their body language said they didn't want to be there! I wonder if they thought in their minds they really lucked out the first time or not but Bama kicked ass last night for sure and the score actually did the game an injustice from Bama's perspective! LSU didn't even show up!

No, the first game was a slugfest with the 2 best defenses in the NCAA.  Granted, on Monday, our offense didn't do anything, but the defense did a great job at holding bama to the score they did, especially with the crap field position the offense was leaving them with.  I don't think you should fault our team when it was Les Miles call to not pull Jefferson.  Nobody lucked out the first time, it was a good game, and LSU came out on top, and with the SEC title.  And as most of us in this thread agree that the SEC is the hardest conference in the NCAA, that title seems more pertinent than the national title.    We knew it would be a tuff title game, cuz bama had a grudge, but yeah, it was a total lackluster showing on the part of LSU.  And as far as their body language, I think they were just as frustrated as ALL the LSU fans because Lee wasn't given a shot to play, and none of us could figure out the fuck why...

p.s. Nick Satan was the coach for LSU before he left to coach in the NFL (where he could not hack it), only to come back to the SEC and coach for our arch rival.

• Member ID:  43
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  189
  • Achievement Points:  1268
  • Birthday:  07/13/1971

I agree with PigDog, Texas A/M will be a great addition to the SEC West and I look forward to watching them progress in the future. 

razorback.gif

Awards

PigDog

Great showing by Alabama.  I gotta take my hat off to Nick Saban, he is a class act and a hell of a coach.  I have never liked LSU and I do not care for Les Miles.  Bama really played the perfect game.  LSU came out flat and looked like shit.  Congrats to Bama!

Ferrett....I take personal offense to your comments about the SEC adding new teams.  I went to Texas A&M and am very excited about moving to the SEC.  Sure, we will have a rough time getting acclimated at first, but I would expect us to be competitive in many sports - including football.  Arkansas used to be in our conference years ago and we traded licks with them every year.  They had a rough transition when they went to the SEC, but look at them now, they are a pretty good football program.  Stay tuned.....the Aggies might surprise a few of your "old school" SEC teams.  Oh yeah......Bear Bryant was coach of the Aggies before he coached at Alabama.  I look forward to forging new rivalries and taking on new challenges as a new member of the SEC......thanks for the nice welcome, Ferret.

Oh sheesh... don't be so sensitive, my friend.  No offense intended to A&M or Mizzou (re-read the post & check)... but I stand by my point.  The SEC has traditions... traditions that have made it what it is... the best.  I'm sure A&M will win some games.  As will Missouri.  But they are NOT Southeastern schools.

For example, Tennessee & Alabama is one of the longest-running & most storied rivalries in all of college football.  TN is in the Eastern division, Bama in the West.  Now because of the new teams added to the divisions & the requirement to play all division teams, the annual rivalry game of the "3rd Saturday in October" will likely end.... a football rivalry that has been simmering since 1901....  110 years.  And we are neighboring states, which makes it all the much better.  And now that annual tradition could be over.  And you think I should be *happy* about that?

Now I'm sure if USC or Washington or Nebraska or Penn State or Michigan joined the SEC, they could win a few games too.  But they aren't Southeastern schools.  Their fanbases aren't Southeastern.  Their traditions aren't Southeastern.  Fans won't travel as well.

If TN plays Texas Tech, the visiting fans have to travel OVER 1,100 MILES.  Anything over 1,000 miles is a bit far for a conference game, dontchya think?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp=41&gs_id=m&xhr=t&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS441US441&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&ion=1&biw=1382&bih=613&bs=1&wrapid=tljp1326252705606040&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=us&saddr=knoxville,+tn&daddr=lubbock,+tx&dirflg=d&geocode=KalCzkYiFlyIMcU09cTakup7;KTndfdOtEv6GMYdC6CIpBPAa&ei=vwINT7WeN4Kttgf9qaSyBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB0Q9w8wAA

I apologize SINCERELY if you take offense, certainly none intended towards you or A&M nor Mizzou.  I don't blame them for wanting in.  My jab was *clearly* at the SEC comissioner for doing it, and the reason he did it ($$$$$).  But I do NOT apologize for disliking seeing something great getting changed... and changed for greed's sake.  That is what has happened to our entire country..... breaking up a great & successful thing, so some rich fuckers can get even richer.

Respect to A&M, respect to Mizzou.  I wish you good luck....sincerely.   But I do NOT like this, nor do 99% of the SEC fans I've talked to.  It WILL water down the long-standing rivalries & traditions of the SEC, water down fan travel, and water down recruiting.  It may be good for A&M and Mizzou, but it is NOT good for the SEC.  Nothing personal sir... .but it is true.

Don't be so sensitive dude, sheesh....  you'll need to have a MUCH thicker skin if you're going to be in the SEC.

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

Thanks for clarifying Ferret.  I understand the whole rivalry thing.  I doubt that you will find many teams in the SEC or in the nation with as much tradition as Texas A&M.  We are all about traditions.  If you have never been to an Aggie game, you would not understand, but it is nothing short of amazing, as I am sure a Tennessee game at home would be.  As far as breaking up a long  standing rivalry, we are losing our annual game with Texas because of the change.  I hate to see that end, but fuck it, I am sick of Texas - plus, we asked to add them to our non-conference schedule and they said no.  I guess they don't want that difficult a non-conference game.  As far as fitting in with the SEC, I truly believe that A&M fits better with the SEC than any other conference - because of the traditions you talk about and because of the attitude of our school, students and athletes.  I am ready to get this inaugural season under way!  The 2012 season is only 8 months away!!!

all good statements above...;)  I am glad some teams over coming over...SEC is tough  and yes ur right ferrett I think said it....u dont fuck with us Bama fans ;)

PigDog
Thanks for clarifying Ferret.  I understand the whole rivalry thing.  I doubt that you will find many teams in the SEC or in the nation with as much tradition as Texas A&M.  We are all about traditions.  If you have never been to an Aggie game, you would not understand, but it is nothing short of amazing, as I am sure a Tennessee game at home would be.  As far as breaking up a long  standing rivalry, we are losing our annual game with Texas because of the change.  I hate to see that end, but fuck it, I am sick of Texas - plus, we asked to add them to our non-conference schedule and they said no.  I guess they don't want that difficult a non-conference game.  As far as fitting in with the SEC, I truly believe that A&M fits better with the SEC than any other conference - because of the traditions you talk about and because of the attitude of our school, students and athletes.  I am ready to get this inaugural season under way!  The 2012 season is only 8 months away!!!

Fair enough... it is what it is.

Already jonesing for next season to start.

(edit)  BTW, if you want to come to a TN game holla at me I'll get some tix.  If you've never been in a sea of 109,000 heavily drinking hillbillies... it is an experience.  Alcohol is "prohibited" at the stadium, but it smells of Jack Daniels the minute you walk in.  I might even hook ya up some real moonshine, too.  You'll be hollerin' YEE-HAW after just a couple sips. 

• Member ID:  22339
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1715
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  12965
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972

Ferret
BurningBright
Ferret

I am a Tennessee alumni/ hardcore Big Orange fan... so I'm a little frustrated these days.... sorry for the vulgarity.

Back in my frat boy UT college days in the early 90's (when we OWNED 'Bama), on the "third Saturday in October" UT-Bama gameday, we hung up a big banner on an overpass bridge on I-75 coming into Knoxville that said "Bear Bryant wore panties" just to feck with incoming Tide fans.   There were about 20 of us UT guys feeling cocky, and a car with 3 or 4 Bama fans pulled up, and threatened to "kill us" (un-quote) if we didn't take the banner down.  We laughed at them & chased them off... but within 5 minutes there were 7 or 8 cars full o' (mostly drunk) Bama fans up there ripping down the sign (they tore it down & actually BURNED it right there on the overpass).  So we wisely got the hell out of dodge.... they were *serious* about killing us, lol.  The Highway Patrol had to come to break it up.

LESSON: do NOT slander Bear Bryant around 'Bama fans - they WILL actually try to kill you  Frown

Even if the Vols suck these days, glad an SEC school NOT coached by Les Miles won it all.  And the Bear was a good coach - even if he did secretly wear panties.  ;)

Thou shalt not take the Bear's name in vain.  lol I can't blame Bama fans as I'd feel the same way if my Gamecocks had ever been so blessed to have such a coach.  He's a legend. We even named our dog after him! Bama has a lot to be proud of and I have the highest respect for them and their legendary football program.  And..........I think Nick Saban is one sexy old dude!  lol    

I've learned a lot being married to a Bama man and I wouldn't have it any other way.  They grow 'em good there!  Laughing

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968

Ferret
BurningBright
Ferret

For this, you shall be cut many, many times!

The all time score is 47 - 38 - 7 Alabama vs Tennessee. 92 total games, and we are just ahead by a bit. A pretty darn good rivalry :)

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

Dstraktd
Bigmeandean

No, the first game was a slugfest with the 2 best defenses in the NCAA.  Granted, on Monday, our offense didn't do anything, but the defense did a great job at holding bama to the score they did, especially with the crap field position the offense was leaving them with.  I don't think you should fault our team when it was Les Miles call to not pull Jefferson.  Nobody lucked out the first time, it was a good game, and LSU came out on top, and with the SEC title.  And as most of us in this thread agree that the SEC is the hardest conference in the NCAA, that title seems more pertinent than the national title.    We knew it would be a tuff title game, cuz bama had a grudge, but yeah, it was a total lackluster showing on the part of LSU.  And as far as their body language, I think they were just as frustrated as ALL the LSU fans because Lee wasn't given a shot to play, and none of us could figure out the fuck why...

p.s. Nick Satan was the coach for LSU before he left to coach in the NFL (where he could not hack it), only to come back to the SEC and coach for our arch rival.

now now dstrakted.....lets look at nick for a second.  The team LSU won with was mostly players nick  recruited before leaving. Now, as far as not making it in the nfl, most coaches there are not really coaches, but more like baseball managers, having to contend with overpayed egos, to which the owner insists to play, regardless of the coaches insight or wisdom. When Nick took over at ALABAMA, he insisted he run the show 100%$, from staffing to media and everything in between, or no dice...period. No booster club, no alumni association armchair quarterbacking, no athletic director directing.....none of it! What do we have? 2 national championships in 4 years after turning around what appeared to be a losing program under Shula, who thought coaching meant being a friend to all your players. I'm like alot of folks...I dont like Les Miles...he just looks and acts too smug in most instances for his own good. Guess he aint acting so smug today....BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!

Well Billy, most LSU fans don't like Les Miles either, and yes, I am very aware that Les rode into a national title on Nick's picks.  Nick Saiban is a great recruiter, I'll give credit where it's due. I'm just saying that due to a bad, BAAAAAAD decision (or lack thereof) we were completely taken out of that game.  I was just bringing to light the fact that our defense played a helluva game, given the piss poor field position they had to defend from.