Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should Lance Armstrong Go To Jail?

Joe Canadian

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Just saying...winning the tour de france as many times as he did is a testament to his dedication regardless of the ethical choices he made. Just because someone is doping doesn't enable them to achieve what he did. Questioning his athletic abilities would be naive.

Sending him to jail for lying about doping just equates to needing to send the thousands of other athletes who continue to lie about dopingto jail as well.

Personally I have never been a fan of spectator sports. They are among the highest paid individuals in our country, yet they contribute very little to society beyond entertainment value. Sure they have talent in their respective fields, but I see no reason to pay them more than anyone else who puts in the same effort. (I like the analogy someone made between football players and soldiers...pretty appropriate comparison).

Questioning his athletic abilities would be naive?

Really? There are millions of great athletes in the world. By your reasoning taking drugs to give you a slight edge over your competitors is acceptable?

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970
  • Device:  Android

He knew the rules going into the race. He cheated to win then when busted tried to ruin anyone who told the truth about it acting the victim and playing the wounded Hero to millions of fans and to add insult to injury he beats cancer inspiring millions more with his tenacity in the face of adversity all started by being a cheater and a bully.He played everyone for fools. He is the worst of the worst. He should be stripped of all assets and sent to general population prison with people that will treat him like the Hero he truly is. FUCK YOU you piece of shit!

• Member ID:  1482
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967
  • Device:  Windows

lets not forget who ever oversees this events and is responsible for drug testing the athletes have not done there jobs, maybe cause they didnt want to for the sake of making there sport more popular? i wouldnt put it past them! It has been said that the ones responsible for testing let them slip by many of the tests and rules.

• Member ID:  715
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

Yes. Nuf said. :realmad:

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6527
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63430
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

People do you realize the real probs with prosecuting him today? the time sequences alone are going to be impossible to prove at best. If you can't prove when any of this happened then you really don't have a case. Yes they say they have a confession and if it was done and if they can gather or have evidence to verify his confession then yes they should prosecute him. I hate cheaters and liars as much or more than most anyone. I just think making him do community service against doping in sports would be a very demoralizing thing to have him do. I do think though while the public is in a uproar over this most of us really don't understand the difficulties for DA's and investigators to deal cases of this nature. You see they didn't have evidence back then and where will the supporting evidence come from today? I want him to pay but how do you make it stick without evidence to prove what he confessed?

• Member ID:  5007
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  107
  • Birthday:  03/13/1994

Ofc he should go to jail... His has done a crime and he should do the time! Even though we know/think that the other bikers use juice also we cant prove it... But lance atleast said he had done it and not rejected it (Atleast at the end)... Hope he gets a fair trial though!

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

People do you realize the real probs with prosecuting him today? the time sequences alone are going to be impossible to prove at best. If you can't prove when any of this happened then you really don't have a case. Yes they say they have a confession and if it was done and if they can gather or have evidence to verify his confession then yes they should prosecute him. I hate cheaters and liars as much or more than most anyone. I just think making him do community service against doping in sports would be a very demoralizing thing to have him do. I do think though while the public is in a uproar over this most of us really don't understand the difficulties for DA's and investigators to deal cases of this nature. You see they didn't have evidence back then and where will the supporting evidence come from today? I want him to pay but how do you make it stick without evidence to prove what he confessed?

Thinking he should go to jail and proving it are certainly two different things. The lead question is "what would you do". Well, jail is the least of the things I would do if I ruled the world.

Besides, from the legal side some of the issues are already moot because in some instances the statute of limitations applies. Also not a law I would allow if I ruled the world. Guilty is guilty regardless of time elapsed.

• Member ID:  4074
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2072
  • Birthday:  07/27/1986

Just saying...winning the tour de france as many times as he did is a testament to his dedication regardless of the ethical choices he made. Just because someone is doping doesn't enable them to achieve what he did. Questioning his athletic abilities would be naive.

Sending him to jail for lying about doping just equates to needing to send the thousands of other athletes who continue to lie about dopingto jail as well.

Personally I have never been a fan of spectator sports. They are among the highest paid individuals in our country, yet they contribute very little to society beyond entertainment value. Sure they have talent in their respective fields, but I see no reason to pay them more than anyone else who puts in the same effort. (I like the analogy someone made between football players and soldiers...pretty appropriate comparison).

Questioning his athletic abilities would be naive?

Really? There are millions of great athletes in the world. By your reasoning taking drugs to give you a slight edge over your competitors is acceptable?

No...read the entire paragraph.

If the entire field of competition is doping, then yes it would be acceptable because technically you don't give yourself an edge, you're simply rising to everyone else's standards. But whether this was his motive or not is subjective, so I'm not going to say this is the reason he did it. Was it right ethically? No.

My point was this: doping alone will not win you a tour de france. You can't say he didn't even try. Hence why I said "questioning his athletic abilities would be naive".

The evidence against him in regards to doping during his races is circumstantial. Saying that he was doping the entire time would be a fairly tall order (assuming there isn't actual evidence to back this claim). I'm not condoning his decision to take performance enhancing drugs (although I stand by the opinion that he is not alone), but I disagree with those that feel the need to crucify him completely.

I like to form judgements based on solid facts, not hearsay. I don't know all the facts, so I'm not going to pass judgement.

Edited by flashadvocate

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4673
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41096
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Is he immoral & unethical? Yes, of course. Jail time for being fraudulent? Maybe, but more so for threating everyone who accused him (and happened to be right).

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Well, If The World Were Moral, No One Would Be Giving Him The Time Of Day Finacially, This Would Destroy Him. Which Is Really What He Deserves.

Should The Authorities Destroy Him? Two Words.....

HELL NO!

Also, I Wish People Like Ophra Would Stop Cashing In On Telling "His" Story....

He Deserves Public Banashment, By The Market.....