Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Bottled Water Exposed.....

JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

If some of you are freaked out by what's in your tap water there is a simple solution. Buy a reverse osmosis filtration system from around $100 (US). It's a filtration system that can quite literally turns sea water into drinking water. You can also buy de-chlorinator drops at your local pet store. One drop per gallon and "poof" the chlorine is instantly gone and it's safe for humans.

We buy bottled water for the convenience, not the taste. My kids take a bottle in their lunches and we'll grab a few bottles if we're taking a long drive. Other than that, it's tap water and ours tastes great. I have several thousand dollars of salt water fish, corals and other ocean critters that are swimming in straight tap water right now in my aquarium that has been de-chlorinated and salt added. If they can handle it so can my family.

I have a water bottle I fill from the tap every day as I leave for school....  easy and cheap...

(college student)

• Member ID:  3440
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  812
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1967

Get filters and use tap water. STOP BUYING BOTTLED WATER! Nestle is out to take all of our water and sell it back to us for huge profits! Boycott Nestle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvLAQKtkeTQ

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  549
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4678
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41163
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Android

Our community (pop  300 ) just had a complete new $4.2 million dollar  water system installed and it still has the same smell as before. As Baldie suggested installing an inline filter system is easy and very low cost compared to buying bottled water.

Because the Bafoons that run our water district are unable to operate a brand new system to produce good NON tasting water 2 of my neighbors and I are seeking election to the board (5 member board, 3 seats available, 3 people running = slam dunk) Changes are coming to this towns water . . . . .

Never trust any air you can see . . . smog

Never trust any water you can smell and taste . . . . .nasty

Be careful what you wish for. I did the same thing. Sat on our village board for 4 years, massive learning experience. Did manage the opportunity to take (and pass) the wastewater operators license. The level of stupidity & corruption will appall you. Not just in your own community, but all the way up the ladder. That's why I have nothing (NOTHING!) good to say about our politicians or their decisions. Currently on the village board, we have no one with a college education, two people unemployed, and two who have filed bankruptcy (one is the head of finance). Sad, truly sad.  

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

But Beer, we've just come to expect things like that in Illinois. Politicians are corrupt everywhere, but they brag about it there.

It's like a rapper not getting popular until they've gone to prision at least once. :lol: 

• Member ID:  3174
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

I have been sayin this shit for years. Quite a while back I got a temp job at a water bottling company, and they filled 7 different kinds of water from the same source. This big tank. Yup... Directly from the tap. What people don't realize is the plastic leaks estrogen, thus changing men's sperm count and lowering male births. Google " where have all the boys gone. " and see for your self. No bottled water for me.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962
  • Device:  Windows

Be careful what you wish for. I did the same thing. Sat on our village board for 4 years, massive learning experience. Did manage the opportunity to take (and pass) the wastewater operators license. The level of stupidity & corruption will appall you. Not just in your own community, but all the way up the ladder. That's why I have nothing (NOTHING!) good to say about our politicians or their decisions. Currently on the village board, we have no one with a college education, two people unemployed, and two who have filed bankruptcy (one is the head of finance). Sad, truly sad.  

I'm in too deep. I fought against the new water system that was designed and shoved down our throats by an engineering firm looking for some easy money (government grants paid $3 million of the $4.2 mil price tag) and we still ended up with a drinking water system that has violations of the Uniform Plumbing Code! :rant:

Most Politicians are Asshoies.

If Americans are gonna retake our country back from the corrupt and greedy we have to start somewhere, I'm not saying I'm gonna save the country what I'm saying is I am going to attack the problem we have here in our little community and make it right and if others do the same in their community  . . .well it's a start . . .   . .baby steps with boots on

sorry this got a little off topic . . i will settle down now              :whistle:

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  549
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4678
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41163
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

Yeah, baby steps. One of our prominent business men ran for, and got elected to, our state's house of representatives. Gary Dahl is one of the most ethical and moral men in our area. He came home after two and a half years fed up. Gary said it was a pointless waste of his time, everything in Springfield is beyond repair. What struck him was the absolute contempt career politicians show for their constituents. " If you're dumb enough to work for a living, you deserve to be fleeced" is the attitude.

Good luck dude, I wish you well, any success is better than sitting on your hands and complaining.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

Yeah, baby steps. One of our prominent business men ran for, and got elected to, our state's house of representatives. Gary Dahl is one of the most ethical and moral men in our area. He came home after two and a half years fed up. Gary said it was a pointless waste of his time, everything in Springfield is beyond repair. What struck him was the absolute contempt career politicians show for their constituents. " If you're dumb enough to work for a living, you deserve to be fleeced" is the attitude.

Good luck dude, I wish you well, any success is better than sitting on your hands and complaining.

Thanks,

America is approaching "beyond repair" and most people cant see it coming.

The next couple of presidential elections will set the stage for the country's rebirth or funeral.

Electing Obama moved us closer to a funeral. He has no respect for this country.

American need to vote for the good of the country and not for what can they scam from the government or welfare

Yeah it's not gonna be easy to make the changes needed and it doesn't matter if its a small town or large . . . .  changes must be made. 

I am not a politician just a guy that see's something to be fixed.

You gonna drink that last cold  beer?

• Member ID:  2759
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

Thanks,

America is approaching "beyond repair" and most people cant see it coming.

The next couple of presidential elections will set the stage for the country's rebirth or funeral.

Electing Obama moved us closer to a funeral. He has no respect for this country.

American need to vote for the good of the country and not for what can they scam from the government or welfare

Yeah it's not gonna be easy to make the changes needed and it doesn't matter if its a small town or large . . . .  changes must be made. 

I am not a politician just a guy that see's something to be fixed.

You gonna drink that last cold  beer?

I agree... however I think it'll most certainly be a slooooowww death. 

• Member ID:  19609
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  870
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1973

Been saying that for years turn the tap on and drink

• Member ID:  155
  • Followers:  211
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6973
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/29/1967

I have a well now that's good h2o

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.14
  • Achievement Points:  129714
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I sort of knew and suspected this anyway, i'm pretty sure some of the cheaper bottled waters are from the tap anyway, but i do agree with Deejay over this, my tap water stinks and it tastes like shit...no lie, i spend a fortune every week on bottled waters,i buy 2 or 3, 5 litre bottles just for the kettle to make Tea or Coffee and i always have plenty of 2 Litre bottles around the house for normal drinking, they can trash bottled water as much as they like but until they sort the taste and the smell of tap water out i won't be drinking it anytime soon, our water companies will probably be privatised over here in the UK  now (another big fucking mistake but the government don't care as long as they keep receiving their backhanders) and i don't think they spend enough money or even care enough about the shit that comes out of our taps, when i first started going abroad about 36 years ago, we used to laugh at all these poor foreign country's like Spain who could not drink their own tap water, now the joke is on us and i believe it is all because of greed. :rant:  :wallbash:

SOB to save on money big time then get yourself reverse osmosis systems for drinking and cooking. They are easy to install and they really work. We had two on our ship and made fresh water out of salt water.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

SOB to save on money big time then get yourself reverse osmosis systems for drinking and cooking. They are easy to install and they really work. We had two on our ship and made fresh water out of salt water.

Reverse osmosis, that sounds pretty gay if you ask me lol, our tap water in BC is great, no complaints, but I do buy bottled water because is convenient

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.14
  • Achievement Points:  129714
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Reverse osmosis, that sounds pretty gay if you ask me lol, our tap water in BC is great, no complaints, but I do buy bottled water because is convenient

Trust me it is not gay. It is a bad ass system. Perfectly clean water. Better than any filter... This one does 50 gals a day. Not a bad price for what it does and how it does it.

http://www.discountwatersofteners.com/microline-reverse-osmosis-system-4-stage-50-gallon-per-day.html?gclid=CKyrrZej2boCFQto7AodxyYARQ

and how it works

http://science.howstuffworks.com/reverse-osmosis.htm

Edited by hxtr