Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Windows 11 Scroll bar Adjust

LOCO

• Member ID:  465
  • Group:  +++ COD4 Head Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2098
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  19341
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  02/09/1977
  • Device:  Windows

Heres how you adjust the Scroll bars for Windows 11

1. Press the Windows and R keys to launch Run.
  2. Type-in regedit.
  3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
  4. On the left hand pane, double click on ScrollHeight and ScrollWidth change the string value to edit the height and width of the scroll bar. (Default value is -255) 
  5. 2f829eab-6a0b-4820-9518-e37bf0af7a0c.thumb.png.e70bf7d32a81000202328e7c28a8b6f4.png
  6. Keep in mind that the formula is -15*desired height/width in pixels. (e.g. -15*20 = -300)
  7. After setting the desired height/width, close the registry editor and sign out and sign in again from your computer to apply the changes.

Result

Default value is set to -255 and I set to -400 and it widens after sign out and sign in

88f13db5-9332-4cf5-a751-5b3ec22e869b.png.bd51a49b678ec805e9b34c039011fa56.png

(Theres also a Color folder that has Color for Scrollbar in RGB Color)

image.thumb.png.66e606a7176085377fba6dd825ead7ea.png

Edited by LOCO

• LOCO changed the title to Windows 11 Scroll bar Adjust

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8433
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74905
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

Neat little customization.  Made mine a bit a wider as well, not quite as wide as yours but just so it's not a sliver lol.  I am running 11 pro and the colour change to the scrollbar did not seem to work though.  Not sure if it's the version or as I have read, may not work in 11 as it did in win 10.

Be nice if MS just made some of these more visual customizations available in the settings menu, comes down to accessibility I think, not everyone would be comfortable editing the registry.

Thanks for sharing.

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4464
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36479
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

4 hours ago, Merlin007 said:

Neat little customization.  Made mine a bit a wider as well, not quite as wide as yours but just so it's not a sliver lol.  I am running 11 pro and the colour change to the scrollbar did not seem to work though.  Not sure if it's the version or as I have read, may not work in 11 as it did in win 10.

Be nice if MS just made some of these more visual customizations available in the settings menu, comes down to accessibility I think, not everyone would be comfortable editing the registry.

Thanks for sharing.

Registery back it up and save a master copy on a flash drive first before changing things, sure come in handy to restore back to orginal state 

Back up the registry manually

1. Select Start , type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.In Registry Editor, locate and click the registry key or subkey that you want to back up.

2. Select File > Export.

3. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location to which you want to save the backup copy, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name field.

4. Select Save.

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4464
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36479
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Restore a manual back up

1. Select Start , type regedit.exe, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Registry Editor, click File > Import.

3. In the Import Registry File dialog box, select the location to which you saved the backup copy, select the backup file, and then click Open.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8433
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74905
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

8 hours ago, KaptCrunch said:

Registery back it up and save a master copy on a flash drive first before changing things, sure come in handy to restore back to orginal state 

Back up the registry manually

1. Select Start , type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.In Registry Editor, locate and click the registry key or subkey that you want to back up.

2. Select File > Export.

3. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location to which you want to save the backup copy, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name field.

4. Select Save.

wasn't referring to myself not being comfortable with registry edits. was merely a statement for many others that would not be...