Ok a couple of things I can clear up here.
Is it PB causeing this I'd have to say no because its not on.
Betties or admin cookies. Lots of things to keep in mind. The game was designed to allow for what activision considered relizim. We have the betties set on an allowable distance to be before it explodes. Not keep in mind the materials aroung the bettie. Paper wall,brick wall wood, wall 8 inches thick or 2 inches thick or wood panel ect it all has an effect on penitration for the bettie. Add into that mess what perks the player is using. flac jacket or run faster. Makes a difference in the game big time.
Tanks and stuff don't know why you can't use them check your key setup ? Hit the x key in game drivable vechiles will show up and those are the only ones that you can use. I think some tanks you may only enter from the rear.
Ping well nothing we can really do about that one and I'm feeling that pain as well. I have an ok ping but now have a latency issue so I do know how it feels.
OLd maps new mods. No doesn't work that way. Modern weapons and the veitnam mod have alot of work done to them, So there are limits as to how much the game engine will render for the game to play correctly. These are ussually material assests. An exploding vechile is acually 5 or 6 vechiles bundled into one and as it explodes the game engine removes one and replaces it with another that is slightlty more damaged untill you have the blown up one. Then consider the FX side flames sound ect. So the majic number is 2400 materials you go over that the game crashes because it can't render the map. You get close to that number the game slows down.Games working harder to render So then how it all works. You have an intense mod running a big map with lots of detail odds are it won't work well. 2_many_beers has done a great job sorting what maps work and do not work on what mods. They might be one or two maps that still cause issues but as they get brought to his attention they get sorted and things get better. Should of been here couple of years ago it was horrible.
Now for having to redo everything. This happens when we switch the mod out which we have to do sometimes. We do not do it for no reason and do know it causes everybody to lose everything. We also assume we will lose a player or 2 doing it so we do not take it lightly. you have to take into consideration we are trying to solve a difficult problem which hard to find. If we do find it it might be the answer to all the other servers that have the same issue. Might be a worth while thing to work at.
LAst one is the player redirect. Not sure what you are trying to say there? There's ussually 2 slots for members to join and kick a non member with the lowest score. I have it mentioned on the front screen and we are sorry for kicking somebody but it is an XI server and they pay for it. If it doesn't work maybe both slots were taken up already. Do you add the password before you select a server to join ? I do know it works I test it from time to time and have never heard an issue withit yet beside non member don't like it and I understand that.
well thats long enough hope it helps some what.