Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Assassin's Creed Unity System Requirements... Wow...

Flapjack Joe

• Member ID:  4462
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  517
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I am guessing that these are not quite true, but it is very high. These are the minimum requirements for AC:U:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom II X4 940

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970

RAM: 6GB

Direct X: 11

Hard Drive: 50GB

The HDD space, Windows 7, and 6 gigs of RAM are pretty normal for modern games, but those are some pretty big requirements. I am hearing these are most likely above the actual minimum requirements, but I don't know yet. If your planning on getting Unity when it is released, I would make sure your specs are at least a bit under those.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

Its just ubisoft fucking up as usual. They have been highly critized for trying to limit all there new games to be locked on 30fps.

They have also removed all their games from steam and transferred them onto there new platform called uplay which is terrible. Many people refuse to use uplay.

Look at far cry 4 system requirements. Far cry 3 was a very high graphic demanding game but far cry 4's recommended specs is 8gbs of ram and a AMD R9 290X. Many people highly doubt that will be required since Ubisoft have been accused of lower PC graphics to make the next gen consoles graphics not look terrible compared to PC.

Take watch dogs for example, the games graphics looked amazing when it was revealed at E3 then when the game came out people where highly confused as why the graphics weren't what they were at the reveal. Someone online went through the watch dogs game files on PC and was able to find some configuration to activate the original graphics as were shown at E3. Ubisoft eventually had to come out publicly and explain that decision of there's and it simply was because they didn't want consoles graphics to look bad compared to PC.

From all that there I wouldn't be taking ubisofts game requirements serious as they clearly are more focused on consoles compared to PCs

• Member ID:  21128
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  539
  • Birthday:  01/01/1870

Doesn't make much sense....

CPU: Intel CPU: Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom II X4 940

The i5 2500k is a lot better than the Phenom 2 X4 940.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970

Radeon 7970's memory bandwidth is almost 40% higher and the GTX 680 is about 10% better at processing. Edited by noamsch121

Ubisoft's games are pretty sloppy on PC. I have AC4 for PC and it doesn't run too well because it pretty much requires you to have V-sync on unless you want your game to look broken. As for the 30FPS, that is actually not true. Their games are not officially locked at 30FPS, but when V-sync is on and your game does get pretty hardware intensive (big cities, major fights) the frames will start lowering from 60, and you have a 60Hz monitor, it will automatically go to 30FPS and hardly goes back to 60. It gives the illusion that it is locked down at 30FPS (which in a technical sense it is) but will still run at 60.

I just hope Ubisoft will stop screwing over PC gamers (they said they would, but I have yet to see it). As of now, your best bet is to get all your Ubisoft games for PS4 or XBONE unless your like me and don't want to fork over $400-$500 for a new console when you have a nice working PC and PS3.

• Member ID:  677
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1457
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9890
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  02/20/1986
  • Device:  Windows

Their minimum requirements are never for the very minimum of graphics. Ubisoft is known for exaggerating

It is probably to make people think it will look better than it really will (which is hilarious because those graphics look very good :lol:).