Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Happy Canada day or Native Indigenous peoples day

KaptCrunch

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14885
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91081
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

1 hour ago, Labob said:

Ok my view of this They are a conqured people. Just like every other conqured people they are forced to asimulate into the new society. I'm sure this was done in those days for reasons they thought sound. Times were different time were harsh. The goverment of then was, was it was. The goverment of today is one whole lot different. Nobody should think holding anybody from this day and age resoponsible for what happenned 125 yrears ago. But the indiginous people of today are using the past as a weapon to get what they want. They want todays goverment to change what happenned in the past. They want there land back as well and self governace . In my first sentance I said they are a conquered people. So and many has said this they are at war with Canada. What bothers me is the goverment is handling this with kids gloves. And treating them as fools. If you or me were to close a highway or block a road. Sell tax free ciggerettes to no status indians of tax free drugs or gas. We would be handcuffed and locked up so fast . And we know that because that against the law. Our goverment has decided to not inforce the law with the 1 st nation people. Including those who wish to be native and protest with the first nations. This is just wrong. You cannot solve a problem this big with that attitude towards people. This leads to what I am calling terrorision from some people 1st nation or other wise burning churches. This day and age in Canada a canadian attacks 6 churches you know there going for the terrorisiom charge. Will not happen here they will get a hug and some pity saying wee understand your feelings. 

This is how you do it. Sure Sir John A was an asshole but he was also a visionary . The church and I do not care what brand of church keep anazing records of everything they do EVERYTHING ! They do know the names and location of every grave they dug. I like what pete said education and laws that help protect the people who the goverment should protect. And not just with the firast nations. How many times has child health care giving some poor kid over to a family member who is a monster. Inforce the laws do not muddle them with misguided intentions. Because at my age I've lived within mile of first nation lands my hole life and they do not respect our laws. They do as they please and they know they will get away with it. I would also like to say this. Ask for your due from the goverment but take care of yourself as best you can. Do not blame somebody else for something you could of done yourself. I know I know but they live in the middle of nowhere and they relie on the goverment for assitance. Help yourself we all have to do this. Trying not to be rasict in this tread is a chore but our forfahters and there forefathers dragged them selves out of a hole and did some damm great things along teh way. Hiding history is not the correct way to do this. 

Regretfully you are correct my friend, there are individuals who are indigenous who wish to blame their lot in life on anyone and anything without taking one once of responsibility themselves. But please remember those individuals are the one who wish to have the spotlight for they want all the attention, good or bad. There are countless who wish to live their lives as you and I in peace.

There is a lot of to be done and burning of churches are not one. Pain and suffering only leads to more pain and suffering.

If one thing Labob I wish to express is this is beyond historical events of 125 years ago. Some of these events happened in our own lifetime, to many people still alive.

There is a lot we can learn from each other. 

• Member ID:  28601
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1697
  • Days Won:  2
  • Device:  Windows

5 hours ago, PimpedOutPete said:

There are countless who wish to live their lives as you and I in peace.

This has been my fairly extensive experience with the local Native people.  Many of them are my customers and are thriving in the modern world.  I'm in their homes almost weekly.

Unfortunately, the media and the SJW class want to play up those few that block highways/railways, burn churches (although I'll bet that was not native ...) and live on the dole.  We have a large Liberal ruling class in Canada that wants to see the Indigenous people kept under their control and do so with money and by feeding them the victim mentality 24/7 in the news.

Peace will come when we learn to live and let live and stop forcing each other to be each other.  Indigenous should live in a way that honours their history ... and we who are here after them should be allowed to do the same.  Europeans are not going 'home.'  The solutions will be from looking forward ... not the past. 

Needless to say, the Canadian Residential School system is a black mark on our history.  We need to both learn from the past and build toward the future.  Taking away 'Canada Day' and making it 'Indigenous Peoples Day' is not a meaningful solution, generates more conflict and guarantees the issue will never be resolved.  People who push these vapid 'social justice' solutions should be told to STFU and then ignored going forward.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

8 hours ago, Yoshi said:

People who push these vapid 'social justice' solutions should be told to STFU and then ignored going forward.

Exactly, many of these initially gain our sympathy until we learn the real circumstances behind it, then it actually turns us the other way. I have learnt over the years not to believe things until I have looked at it myself from both sides. All these 'preachers' have hypocrisy as a bed fellow and take us for a ride, I'll bet the element that burnt the churches already had considerable criminal records, this was their revenge against the system.

You also find that they live a life of fantasy regarding their roots, our last elections we had a few of these, one was a solicitor living in a big house in the best part of town and driving a BMW 5 series. She went on the campaign trail as representing 'the working class', fuck me, they've come a long way since my youth.

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4473
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36540
  • Days Won:  40
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1756
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15722
  • Days Won:  4

So....is it Canada day or....native indigenous peoples day..... or freedom day ....or happy canuk day....my god man ! just pick one !

:guitar:

7 hours ago, Streetcleaner said:

So....is it Canada day or....native indigenous peoples day..... or freedom day ....or happy canuk day....my god man ! just pick one !:guitar:

yes pick   call it resect others day for sharing has no enemies

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1756
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15722
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, KaptCrunch said:

yes pick   call it resect others day for sharing has no enemies

you mean...All Lives Matter....?

8 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

you mean...All Lives Matter....?

yes careing sharing  All Lives Matter with no tags or prices,  just pure love with no bondaged applied.

• Member ID:  2208
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  305
  • Content Count:  3623
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37764
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

belated happy canada day to all canadians!!

No matter what country something like this is discovered it always sad,,,but its not Canadas fault,,so I celebrate the birthday!!

34 minutes ago, BlackRose said:

belated happy canada day to all canadians!!

No matter what country something like this is discovered it always sad,,,but its not Canadas fault,,so I celebrate the birthday!!

image.png.933ee9feb2caac8bf3a0faf362577394.png  but its not Canada's fault 

Rose your correct crank up the tunes lets party  err celebrate