Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Arrogance

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6536
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63520
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

First of all peeps this is just me venting and I will not mention any names! If anybody cares to respond to this post then please respect my request and respond in kind! Let me ask each of you, have you ever heard certain players that come in  late into a game and then when they don't win say, "I just needed a few more minutes"? To me that statement is degrading to the individuals that win with the assumption that they would indeed run the leaders down and win. That is arrogance example #1. Example number #2 is when somebody talks like only they have the right to win each and every map! Now remember this, there is a difference between arrogance and self confedence, for example when I say when someone shoots me from a certain position, "I am going to cut you if you stay there", that is confedence. I dont think I am untouchable but there are many that seem to do that very kind of thinking.  Like I said thjis is just me venting and I wish everybody could just play for the fun of it. Winning isn't everything in life. I can think of many things that out rank winning by a country mile. Family, friends and such, are so much more important than winning a damned video game.

• Member ID:  2294
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  260
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1974

I hear ya Dean and I belive I was in the server with you when this said individual made that statement. Yes, it is degrading and I for one can say that the servers provided by >XI< are some of the best I've been in. Win, loose or draw its always a blast in there - That's why I am drawn to it!

It is digusting to see players get so involved with winning that they forget the whole idea of playing a game, which is to have fun. I have been around PC gaming for a long time and it seems there is always one.

Hell Dean do what it is you do best, just knife their asses so much that it makes 'em cry their butts right out the server! lol Tongue out

Cool

• Member ID:  2005
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  45
  • Birthday:  11/26/1963

I agree 100%...the real gamer, no matter what age, is someone who enjoys the thrill of playing, not just "owning" someone...Ive played the COD series from COD1 to COD5 and seems like ever other server you land in has someone who gives the rest of their clan a bad reputation for something they did...I shutdown my clan...LCG Squad...for 3 months just because of that reason...since then I started it back up and cleared out the "owners" and started fresh, for the simple reason that I couldnt find a clan that just had fun, for that reason only...When you pay for a game, you should be able to enjoy it on your own level, enjoy friendly chat and not have to put up with crap that wastes your limited amount of time you have in the evenings to have fun...right there with ya Dean..nice post....a person should always have their say and be done with it...good or bad....

• Member ID:  1073
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1611
  • Birthday:  09/28/1975

There will always be that one arrogant fucker who thinks they are the shit.  Then there's the really good ones who slaughter me and rub it in playfully.  Big difference between the two.  I'd have popped off with something like "That's what she said" and at the least entertain the other players who weren't acting like douches, but I'm just a big smartass like that.

Now let's all go play and leave our knives at home just this once, what do ya say?!?

• Member ID:  189
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1388
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  7432
  • Birthday:  02/01/1978

"I'm a winner"

"I'm not bi-polar I'm bi-winning"

• Member ID:  1802
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  430
  • Birthday:  05/26/1973

Damn it, Dogg.  You stole my thunder!  LMAO

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

If I had gotten in this thread earlier, I would have said something really cool that you all would have enjoyed.. it would have been the BEST post EVER!!!!! Laughing

Good post Dean. 

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961

I love winning as much as the next guy, and I usually do ok, but I am not dumb enough to think I am one of the best, because the minute I do, someone comes along and "owns" me to remind me of this

Anything I say in the servers with regard to winning or "coming in late" are always made in jest and I sincerely hope all the people in there know that. I do sometimes forget that I have a rather "dry" British sense of humor and some people take a little time to get used to it, but that's who I am.

I enjoy playing here and love the fact that no one really comes across as arrogant or big-headed, especially the good ones, like Pete and Artimus, Hoth when I see him, to name a few

Of course I play in different servers to you Dean so I maybe haven't come across the dingbats you have. All I can say, is slice 'em up a few times and maybe they won't sing so loud

WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

• Member ID:  1588
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  904
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

I don't know.................. I have never lostLaughingLaughingTongue out

Awards

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14892
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91127
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Duh Winner! .. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? No Winner Winner SHEEEEN Dinner! (lol)

• Member ID:  971
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3690
  • Birthday:  12/08/1973

Bigmeandean - Arrogance!
First of all peeps this is just me venting and I will not mention any names! If anybody cares to respond to this post then please respect my request and respond in kind! Let me ask each of you, have you ever heard certain players that come in  late into a game and then when they don't win say, "I just needed a few more minutes"? To me that statement is degrading to the individuals that win with the assumption that they would indeed run the leaders down and win. That is arrogance example #1. Example number #2 is when somebody talks like only they have the right to win each and every map! Now remember this, there is a difference between arrogance and self confedence, for example when I say when someone shoots me from a certain position, "I am going to cut you if you stay there", that is confedence. I dont think I am untouchable but there are many that seem to do that very kind of thinking.  Like I said thjis is just me venting and I wish everybody could just play for the fun of it. Winning isn't everything in life. I can think of many things that out rank winning by a country mile. Family, friends and such, are so much more important than winning a damned video game.

Puff Puff Pass   =0)  lol   This is a game, I play to win. lol and talk shit about the other team =P

• Member ID:  207
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5015
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

Yep i agree. I love to TRY and get away from deans knife. Sometimes i actually do. Good topic dean.

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960

I sure never play to lose....

NicklosthisGrip is being modest.....He kicks ass on most days and his dry wit comes out all the time...Sealed

PissesMeOffPete is right there with him.... I hate Ice Skaters that kick Ass!!! Cool

Dean...you need to come play in the Cod2 DM server and you will get the A bashed out of ya by the likes of a sniveling little weasel and a poor English speaking Ferzulo.

And to top it all off some old goat named BlackBarf that doesn't know where in the hell in Arkansas to live will back shoot ya when you are stunned and down for the count!!!!

Artimus

What am I saying.. Your a bunch of pussies.. I enjoy kicking Artimus Pyles.. as in ASS Pyles!.. and Laxitive Laz!.. Dont get me started.... Most of guys on COD2 cant even give me a decent reach a round when your giving me a rusty trombone  (lol)

• Member ID:  1371
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

Dean i know exactly what your talking and whom. ANd it too irritates me to no end. Yes your good YES you come on top alot but hey pass the torch it cant always be your day ! Just dont let it phase you and do what i do. When they bitch about dying and being killed by you, take it as a compliment that ur frustrating the fuck out of them lmao

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1045
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9715
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

Bigmeandean - Arrogance!

I happened to say something pretty similar to this today. So if this post is or is not in reference to me I'm not sure. Here is a few thoughts. One thing that annoys me about the cod series. It has never had time played showing on the scoreboard. I have played games that are 15 years old that have this. On another note I don't say this to whine or thinking I should win every level. Am I competive sure. I still enjoy the game and the people I play with but I don't play to lose. Will I lose any sleep at night if I lose no.  Am I giving the person crap who won? Sure some if I wasn't in the whole game. Am I putting them down no.  It was Pete who I have played with for years. Who I also like and respect. The same guy I asked to be on my cod2 ctf team tourneys ago. Why? Because one thing I am cocky about is I can recognize talent and what they are good at. So I think you need to loosen your panties up. What I said after I typed the comment  was gg which = good game. The same thing I say if I lose or I win by 40 or 50. 

Well put Hoth.. Even the best players don't mind getting their asses kicked once in awhile... Nothing like a little variety in ones life.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8134
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  61511
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

The secret of my Knifing.. Ring a bell for you?..

• Member ID:  503
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555

PT-Bama

If I had gotten in this thread earlier, I would have said something really cool that you all would have enjoyed.. it would have been the BEST post EVER!!!!! Laughing

Good post Dean. 

LOL Bama you crack me up.

We should punt anyone who says "pwnd"  slap.gif    haha

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1045
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9715
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

PimpedOutPete
Well put Hoth.. Even the best players don't mind getting their asses kicked once in awhile... Nothing like a little variety in ones life.

The ones I've dropped haven't been by much so my ass doesn't hurt much. The person who has taken me by the most frags semi recently in ffa was Spivs kid. Quick as hell on the draw and really accurate. I played him 1v1 one night and he took 2 of 3 games from me. All were pretty tight(3-5 frags) The kid has skills. Person from the past that used to frustrate me was Bashem. I had a habit of barely losing to him and rarely beating him in a ffa. His movement wasn't anything incredible but his aim was brutal and he was a very smart player.