Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

AMD Bulldozer 8-cores is finally out

CplMOFO

• Member ID:  1924
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1012
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  5864
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/30/1973

Alright,

for AMD processor lovers/supporters. the 8 cores AMD CPU, code named BULLDOZER (FX-8150) is finally out today, October 12th 2011..after a long wait and delays.

It's a true number cruncher, but sadly, for a gamers point of view, it doesn't beat the Intel 2500K.....

That being said, it's still fast, just not beating Intel...that's sad for AMD, they cannot seem to be able to reproduce the same momentum they gained in 2004 with their then famous Athlon 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/47155-amd-bulldozer-fx-8150-processor-review.html

chart from Hardwarecanuck.com (FX-8150 against 2500K/2600K) 

The DIFF column is where it's at...the black numbers are where AMD is on top...the red numbers are the percentages of how much intel is on top

AMD_FX-8150-202.jpg

I'm glad I didn't wait and got my 2500K early in April...

That being said, AMD 8-core is a good CPU, but doesn't beat the Intel 4-cores 2500K...AMD priced their new CPU higher than 2500K...

For aMD lovers, this new CPU is still a sexy beast in terms of number crunching, it's just too bad it doesn't crunch games better than intel...

Basically, an older AMD 6-core 1100T is performing at pretty much the same level, and for $50 cheaper....

summary editorial from Techpowerup:

amd.gif
It's been in the works for over three years now. That's right, the first we heard of "Bulldozer" as a processor architecture under development was shortly after the launch of "Barcelona" K10 architecture. Granted, it wasn't possible to load close to 2 billion transistors on the silicon fab technology AMD had at the time, but AMD had a clear window over the last year to at least paper-launch the AMD FX. Delays and bad marketing may have cost AMD dearly in shaping up the product for the market.

After drawing a consensus from about 25 reviews (links in Today's Reviews on the front page), it emerges that:
  • AMD FX-8150 is missing its performance expectations by a fair margin. Not to mention performance gains in its own presentation, these expectations were built up by how AMD was shaping the product to be a full-fledged enthusiast product with significant performance gains over the previous generation
  • AMD ill-marketed the FX-8150. Hype is a double-edged sword, and should not be used if you're not confident your offering will live up to at least most of the hype. AMD marketed at least the top-tier FX-8000 series eight-core processors as the second coming of Athlon64 FX.

At the end of the day, graphics cards performance matters more than which MODERN CPUs you're using...

So if you really wanna go with a new FX-8150 CPU from AMD, you'll still get really good performance if your graphics are up to the task..

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

alot of old school gamers used to love the amds for overclocking then the fist intel e6300 duo core came out which today still is bullet proof and can be overclocked to the roof and doesnt fail..I still have one going strong along with the first intel quad q6600....I will never own another amd again...Intels are so solid in comparison .

• Member ID:  94
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3739
  • Birthday:  12/03/1955

The I7 3rd gen will be out before the end of the year 30% faster than The I7 2600k

• Member ID:  35
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

I am still a amd gamer, and proud...........

• Member ID:  1634
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1634
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12427
  • Birthday:  04/19/1949

CplMOFO - AMD Bulldozer 8-cores is finally out!!!!!!

Alright,

for AMD processor lovers/supporters. the 8 cores AMD CPU, code named BULLDOZER (FX-8150) is finally out today, October 12th 2011..after a long wait and delays.

It's a true number cruncher, but sadly, for a gamers point of view, it doesn't beat the Intel 2500K.....

That being said, it's still fast, just not beating Intel...that's sad for AMD, they cannot seem to be able to reproduce the same momentum they gained in 2004 with their then famous Athlon 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/47155-amd-bulldozer-fx-8150-processor-review.html

chart from Hardwarecanuck.com (FX-8150 against 2500K/2600K) 

The DIFF column is where it's at...the black numbers are where AMD is on top...the red numbers are the percentages of how much intel is on top

AMD_FX-8150-202.jpg

I'm glad I didn't wait and got my 2500K early in April...

That being said, AMD 8-core is a good CPU, but doesn't beat the Intel 4-cores 2500K...AMD priced their new CPU higher than 2500K...

For aMD lovers, this new CPU is still a sexy beast in terms of number crunching, it's just too bad it doesn't crunch games better than intel...

Basically, an older AMD 6-core 1100T is performing at pretty much the same level, and for $50 cheaper....

summary editorial from Techpowerup:

amd.gif
It's been in the works for over three years now. That's right, the first we heard of "Bulldozer" as a processor architecture under development was shortly after the launch of "Barcelona" K10 architecture. Granted, it wasn't possible to load close to 2 billion transistors on the silicon fab technology AMD had at the time, but AMD had a clear window over the last year to at least paper-launch the AMD FX. Delays and bad marketing may have cost AMD dearly in shaping up the product for the market.

After drawing a consensus from about 25 reviews (links in Today's Reviews on the front page), it emerges that:

• AMD FX-8150 is missing its performance expectations by a fair margin. Not to mention performance gains in its own presentation, these expectations were built up by how AMD was shaping the product to be a full-fledged enthusiast product with significant performance gains over the previous generation
  • AMD ill-marketed the FX-8150. Hype is a double-edged sword, and should not be used if you're not confident your offering will live up to at least most of the hype. AMD marketed at least the top-tier FX-8000 series eight-core processors as the second coming of Athlon64 FX.

At the end of the day, graphics cards performance matters more than which MODERN CPUs you're using...

So if you really wanna go with a new FX-8150 CPU from AMD, you'll still get really good performance if your graphics are up to the task..

Thanks

• Member ID:  2520
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3748
  • Birthday:  08/18/1953

Well seems as though the industry standards are held by AMD for the fastest clock speed as of 9/11

http://www.eufuzz.com/technology/worlds-fastest-cpu-amd-gets-the-credit/

RD

Well seems as though the industry standards are held by AMD for the fastest clock speed as of 9/11

http://www.eufuzz.com/technology/worlds-fastest-cpu-amd-gets-the-credit/

Right RD...

The issue is...bulldozer draws a lot of power (when overclocked) for a 32nm CPU.....

• Member ID:  285
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2204
  • Birthday:  11/04/1965

hmmmmmm intel i7 6 core $999 (The only 8 core price i found was a zeaon for $1390)-  amd 8 core $320.. hmmmmmmmmm, gues that liitle bit of a performacne difference in some areas just aint worth the $$$$$ difference.

There is the power draw in overclocked scenario...

Please note that if you are not an overclocker, this CPU is perfectly decent!

From VR-ZONE:

Power Consumption

AMD FX-8150 CPU Overclocking Review: A Bulldozer for Gamers?

AMD FX-8150 CPU Overclocking Review: A Bulldozer for Gamers?

The results are shockingly bad to say the least. On overclocked full load, the power usage of the slower FX-8150 was nearly TWICE that of the faster i7-2600K. We haven't seen such monstrous power usages except in some dual socket systems or extreme overclocking (which ours isn't). We redid the tests multiple times using different motherboards and power measuring equipment but the results were the same everytime. Using a multimeter, the 12v rail on the extra 8+4pin CPU connectors also measured a whopping ~23A. With overclocked power loads like these, its no wonder AMD has to ship a water cooling solution together with the chip.

Masterlixx

hmmmmmm intel i7 6 core $999 (The only 8 core price i found was a zeaon for $1390)-  amd 8 core $320.. hmmmmmmmmm, gues that liitle bit of a performacne difference in some areas just aint worth the $$$$$ difference.

LIXX,

The Intel 6-cores are way overpriced, you're right....but the 2600K has proven to be a decent contender for that 6-cores...so nobody need to fork a grant for a CPU...

That AMD 8-cores form $320 is alright, but in most scenarios, it performs on-par with the AMD 6-core 1100T that sells for $190..

To make a long story short, whether you settle for a Intel Sandy bridge (2500K/2600K), or a Bulldozer, you're on top of the game for most scenarios....

If you're strapped for cash, the AMD 1090T and 1100T are viable options....

• Member ID:  219
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  492
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2906
  • Birthday:  04/28/1957

greywolf2
I am still a amd gamer, and proud...........

DITTO

• Member ID:  219
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  492
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2906
  • Birthday:  04/28/1957

I will stick with my 1090T for a bit, If I do anything for the next few months I might change my 6870 out for something else

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Nobodygood>XI<
I will stick with my 1090T for a bit, If I do anything for the next few months I might change my 6870 out for something else

Wut about grabbing another 6870 for crossfire? SunTzu has that setup, maybe he can inform you on how it is for him.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

LOL good one

(quote from article)

At this moment, AMD are years behind Intel when it comes to overall processor performance, specifically when it comes to lightly-threaded workloads.

/end quote

Their not bad cpu's but they are always behind Intel by a generation or two, who knows maybe they'll get the market back someday.  When they do I'll be watching.

• Member ID:  260
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Birthday:  06/09/1979

EPIC FAILDOZER I hope nobody was using a pos com just waiting to get this cause if they did I feel sorry for them.  LMAO If it only performed as well as the last gen of cpus from amd or intel. Funny that it gets beat by last gen quad cores. Amd fanboys always had to go to price vs performance or performance vs power usage but now they lost both 2600k system is faster in most daily uses and costs the same as faildozer but faildozer uses mo power too LOL this is too damn funny !!!!!   Btw users are allready killing these chips trying to hit 5.0 so stay under 1.5v core unless on l2n or dice runs. I would keep my 1090 or 1100t too if I were you, in cinebench an  [email protected]  scored the same as a faildozer [email protected]. New chip ,same performance , and more heat and power draw= win win win for intel !!!!!  that world record run was done on a chip that was binned to be released later as a 8170 or better so not really the same thing you can buy at a store right now .

• Member ID:  2912
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  231
  • Birthday:  11/02/1990

lets just admit it,bulldozer failed and bad,i always had intel then got a 1055t and overclocked it to 3.7ghz with 16gb of 1600mhz corsiar ram.it kills anything i do.i only bought it cuz i got it used cheap.amd isnt gona catch up to intel.in gaming the i3-2100 dualcore performs as good as amd 1100t 6 core.so you see intel only needs 2 cores to beat amd's 6 cores.its not just about cores its about the cpu structure.the i7-990x is expensive for a reason,it kills every desktop cpu even the i7-2600k kills all of them.aND THEY OVERCLOCK WELL OVER 4.5GHZ AND USE LESS ENERGY THEN BULLDOZER.like i said im using amd,but only cuz i got a good deal.but in no way can you compre it to intel