Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Canadian Health Care

little_old_man

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  47

I believe in what you said LOM.good points.

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972
  • Device:  Windows

I was in Toronto, Ontario a while back.  While attending several mining conventions, and there commensurate parties (they're da bomb, hosted bars, great food), I fell down the stairs while trying to see how fast I could make it down.  Got a big gash in my head from metal stair lips, edges (who in the hell puts metal lips on stairs?), and collected myself on the bottom.  After collecting myself and picking up my glasses with a pool of blood on each lens, I looked to see if anyone saw me, so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  No one, so I scurried outside to get a taxi.  I hopped in, the taxi driver looked back at me, his eyes wide open, and said, "Should I take you to hospital?"  I replied, "No, hotel (the right one next to CN Towner, can't recall the name, could be concussion, but the CN Tower is scary as hell, looking down)"  I went to my room, fully suited, with tie, took my coat off, and collapsed into bed.  I woke up in the morning and was shocked--my pillow and bed sheets were all red.  Don't worry, I'm HIV free and anything-else-that-will-kill-you free, but I didn't realize head injuries will bleed that bad.  After showering, I went to a local clinic, and the attendant asked me for my health card.  I gave her my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card, and she said, "No, you're Canadian card."  Of course, being from Alaska, U.S.A. (God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!), I didn't have a "Canadian card."  I had to pay $400 cash for the 12 stiches to the head.  That was a lot of loonies and toonies.  Lol.  Great memories of Toronto, including the Niagra Falls, of which the Canadians have the best side. 

Would a Canadian get treated for free if that happened to him over in your country?

Yes it would, me benefits that my employer provides me for dental, etc also covers international medical insurance :) 

See we just have all our Canadians needs fulfilled no matter where they are :P

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972
  • Device:  Windows

I was in Toronto, Ontario a while back.  While attending several mining conventions, and there commensurate parties (they're da bomb, hosted bars, great food), I fell down the stairs while trying to see how fast I could make it down.  Got a big gash in my head from metal stair lips, edges (who in the hell puts metal lips on stairs?), and collected myself on the bottom.  After collecting myself and picking up my glasses with a pool of blood on each lens, I looked to see if anyone saw me, so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  No one, so I scurried outside to get a taxi.  I hopped in, the taxi driver looked back at me, his eyes wide open, and said, "Should I take you to hospital?"  I replied, "No, hotel (the right one next to CN Towner, can't recall the name, could be concussion, but the CN Tower is scary as hell, looking down)"  I went to my room, fully suited, with tie, took my coat off, and collapsed into bed.  I woke up in the morning and was shocked--my pillow and bed sheets were all red.  Don't worry, I'm HIV free and anything-else-that-will-kill-you free, but I didn't realize head injuries will bleed that bad.  After showering, I went to a local clinic, and the attendant asked me for my health card.  I gave her my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card, and she said, "No, you're Canadian card."  Of course, being from Alaska, U.S.A. (God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!), I didn't have a "Canadian card."  I had to pay $400 cash for the 12 stiches to the head.  That was a lot of loonies and toonies.  Lol.  Great memories of Toronto, including the Niagra Falls, of which the Canadians have the best side. 

the hospital billed our insurance company $4,500 for a job that took 90 minutes. 

Sounds like a scam to me. When they can screw there fellow citizens like that then yeah i would have to buy American style healthcare as well.