Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Canadian Health Care

little_old_man

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

isnt it always some gungho american that knows canadian healthcare the best??.No mater what our freinds from canada here tell us they experiance first hand. .That goes to show you how corrupt the corporations and politicians are here to brainwash us with their paid for propaganda because they dont want to change a thing.They are bleeding us dry and into bankruptcy..the majority have good healthcare here in the us  but it is  seriously too expensive and alot cant afford it....if you have an emergency then you are in debt here in the greatest country in the world to the point you cant pay all your bills and some lose there homes and life savings..I can read countless storres about this happening in the us but havent seen many about this ever happening in canada.

I just cant beleive some here are  so closeminded not to acknowledge first hand accounts from our freinds that have canadian healthcare and work in canadian healthcare.

Obviously there is  a the small number of us here that are more fortunate then most and cant understand this.. I gues they will never really understand  till they get asshammered like the rest of us...well enjoy it when it happens i guess-dont forget to smile and wave your flag. :wacko:

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I hear your point Damage but this heath care system they are trying to implement is out to break the smaller corporations and middle classes backs. Walmart now mostly employs part time workers so they wouldn't have to pay the heath care costs. Many companies will have to lay off many workers as they just won't be able to afford it. They will opt to pay the penalty rather pay the insurance. 

What this system is to do is put us in even more debts as fast as the can till our system collapses and is all about control. You should have a conversation with Juju.... she does billing coding for insurances for multiple doctors offices. She is seeing some very scary changes because Obama Care. Obvious what they are trying to do in her eyes. GET RID OF DOCTORS. And they will succeed. 

Wish her luck though... she takes her test in September to get her license to be a coder. Anyone who has a question about insurance.... she has answers. 

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

isnt it always some gungho american that knows canadian healthcare the best??.No mater what our freinds from canada here tell us they experiance first hand. .That goes to show you how corrupt the corporations and politicians are here to brainwash us with their paid for propaganda because they dont want to change a thing.They are bleeding us dry and into bankruptcy..the majority have good healthcare here in the us  but it is  seriously too expensive and alot cant afford it....if you have an emergency then you are in debt here in the greatest country in the world to the point you cant pay all your bills and some lose there homes and life savings..I can read countless storres about this happening in the us but havent seen many about this ever happening in canada.

I just cant beleive some here are  so closeminded not to acknowledge first hand accounts from our freinds that have canadian healthcare and work in canadian healthcare.

Obviously there is  a the small number of us here that are more fortunate then most and cant understand this.. I gues they will never really understand  till they get asshammered like the rest of us...well enjoy it when it happens i guess-dont forget to smile and wave your flag. :wacko:

Pick up a history book

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

The only thing the Canadian health care system and ObamaKare have in common is the word health being mentioned. Other than that, there's little to compare. Canada has a system in place that actually provides medical service. Obama has.....well, to put it bluntly, levied a MASSIVE tax on individuals and corporations under the guise of overhauling our health care system. 'Nuff said.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91059
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

I agree Beer, this debate can go and on when in reality the systems are miles apart and Obamacare doesn't make it any closer. I hope things get worked out for I will retire there in 15 or so years! 

Sparty... Universal healthcare has been an option in some parts of Canada for 60 years!!! It was implemented federally for the past 45 years. If they are planning to run our lives they are taking thier sweet time. If keeping costs down and letting people like myself (radiology manager) make sound choices so we can provide superior care to patients is what u think is a government take over.. Then the sky must be falling my friend.

Not once has the government told me how to provide care and to which patients should get that care. Maybe, just maybe you can learn a thing or two instead of brushing it off. We as a nation have from our great neighbors to the south, and we are proud to admit that.

Get off the conspiracy blogs and right wing propaganda! They are just as bad as the tree hugging liberal stuff!

I'm No Blog- Conspiracy Type...

I have been saying what I have been saying way longer than those who cry wolf for financial gain.

I'm VERY SORRY I WASTED MY BREATH ON YOU....

It won't happen again...

Don't go away mad Sparty, Im sorry I had to prove you wrong.

I agree Beer, this debate can go and on when in reality the systems are miles apart and Obamacare doesn't make it any closer. I hope things get worked out for I will retire there in 15 or so years! 

NO QUICK.......... CLOSE THE BORDERS!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970
  • Device:  Android

L.O.M is a pot stirrer....he loves the controversy....lol....don't let him fool you with ...this isn't meant to be political....he wants to move to Canada.

Actually it really did just start off as a joke. What didn't occur to me was that all of you idiots wouldn't read the link that I put in the original post and think I was serious.

Canada is on my list of favorite places to live right behind Iran and Afghanistan. :lol: 

Wow I bow down to ur awesomeness L.O.M. I always thought I could push buttons and get under peoples skin but gawd almighty ..... teach me master, teach me!

Hey LOM u can come to Canada and get that penis enlargement that your wife has so desperately been asking for, and maybe get those testacals re-attatched. Booo-ah

I thought about it Logan, but the doctors there said they had never seen a Canadian with more that 4 inches, and they didn't have any experience doing surgery on something that was already longer than 8 inches.  :shock:  

The hot nurses sure were friendly up there. I guess they don't normally see that much meat unless they're in a butcher shop.

I think I have a mancrush on you now! Sorry duc you've been relegated to 2nd place.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Sparty... Universal healthcare has been an option in some parts of Canada for 60 years!!! It was implemented federally for the past 45 years. If they are planning to run our lives they are taking thier sweet time. If keeping costs down and letting people like myself (radiology manager) make sound choices so we can provide superior care to patients is what u think is a government take over.. Then the sky must be falling my friend.

Not once has the government told me how to provide care and to which patients should get that care. Maybe, just maybe you can learn a thing or two instead of brushing it off. We as a nation have from our great neighbors to the south, and we are proud to admit that.

Get off the conspiracy blogs and right wing propaganda! They are just as bad as the tree hugging liberal stuff!

I have been saying what I have been saying way longer than those who cry wolf for financial gain.

It won't happen again...

No Pete, Not Mad...

Very Sad For All People Who Buy The Old Lies Thinking It's Something "NEW"...

I Just Wish America Could Be Left Alone...

Spartie.... when they figure it out it will be..... wait it already is too late.

Edited by hxtr

It won't happen again...

No Pete, Not Mad...

Very Sad For All People Who Buy The Old Lies Thinking It's Something "NEW"...

I Just Wish America Could Be Left Alone...

I hear you Sparty and I can understand the frustration. Problems with healthcare don't start and end with the US, its a global problem with a population that's getting older and more dependent on it. Systems such as our is not perfect, far from it, but this nation has pride in its accomplishment. Its not the government that runs it, its Canadians as a nation that does. The reality is if any government ever tries to make wholesale changes  to it, usually find themselves out of office. That only proves that we a nation own it and not our governing officals.

What works in one nation may not be what is right for the other.

I do have a comment for you but I will PM it to you my friend.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Hey LOM u can come to Canada and get that penis enlargement that your wife has so desperately been asking for, and maybe get those testacals re-attatched. Booo-ah

I thought about it Logan, but the doctors there said they had never seen a Canadian with more that 4 inches, and they didn't have any experience doing surgery on something that was already longer than 8 inches.  :shock:  

The hot nurses sure were friendly up there. I guess they don't normally see that much meat unless they're in a butcher shop.

I think I have a mancrush on you now! Sorry duc you've been relegated to 2nd place.

Just so you know, I go commando and I go all the way on the first date. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

L.O.M is a pot stirrer....he loves the controversy....lol....don't let him fool you with ...this isn't meant to be political....he wants to move to Canada.

Actually it really did just start off as a joke. What didn't occur to me was that all of you idiots wouldn't read the link that I put in the original post and think I was serious.

Canada is on my list of favorite places to live right behind Iran and Afghanistan. :lol: 

Wow I bow down to ur awesomeness L.O.M. I always thought I could push buttons and get under peoples skin but gawd almighty ..... teach me master, teach me!

Lol...  Nice, But the US will always be our Mexico. :lol: 5201c6c7ba785_mexico.png

Sorry Pete, tattoo'd, small titted Canadian chicks just don't do it for me. :sick: 

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

Most Canadians don't like, or don't really need breast implants or penis enlargement surgery...(like some adm who happens to live in Petaluma lol)

Lol...  Nice, But the US will always be our Mexico. :lol: 5201c6c7ba785_mexico.png

Is that why 90% of all canadians live within 100 miles of the US border?

• Member ID:  169
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1355
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1953

Don't forget Totally FREE healthcare started over here in the UK,

Our National Health System is going thru a lot of flak at the moment

some hospitals have been criticised over standards etc.

but we don't have to fear huge bills if we fall ill.

The only charge you pay after seeing a Doctor is for meds (currently £7.50p per item)

if you are under 60 years of age. if you are taken to hospital all treatment/medication

is free regardless of your age.

If your over 60 or on benefits then it's all free.

I know It isn't perfect, but something of this size and complexity never will be.

If you are a visitor to the UK and unfortunately have an accident or fall ill,

you will be treated the same as if you lived here.

Awards

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

Just so you know, I go commando and I go all the way on the first date. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

WHO'S the lucky guy LOM? LOL

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

Good Idea CIMON, I'll join you with an ice cold CANADIAN BEER, slobber-slobber! Now I wonder, who has the best beer? Win again!

....he is morfing into a Canadian...as he has resorted to picture posting now...Canadian health care Wins

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

Is that why 90% of all canadians live within 100 miles of the US border?

Its just the way the continents formed....not our fault that someone drew a line between us.....otherwise you would have the same health care ......it really puzzles me that you in the US doesn't  have the same thing....unless someone doesn't like paying taxes,,,,,oops i hit a sore spot...sorry,,,,taxes dictate your countries worth....true? for an extra twenty bucks a week you too can have free health care,,,if you can get over paying the tax thing,,,,yeah yeah i know we have a lot of taxes here...but we have free health care because of it...you get what you pay for..twenty bucks a week extra or five grand for an x=ray...hmmmmmm lets weigh the  grey matter on this one,,,,stop fighting the tax fight and get on par with our health system...after all you live really close to us...lol,,,,,,,,i have a buddy in South America that pays twenty bucks a month for hydro....and he wonders why his country   is poor,,,Taxes are like insurance...you can never see what you pay for but in the long run you get treated on par with everyone else...so the dude with the Armani suit doesn't get more attention than you do at the emergency entrance,,,, U.S health care should be free...after all you do have the richest place on earth...why not treat your people like they deserve,,,,and oh yeah pay the extra ten or twenty bucks a week in taxes and have peace of mind that you don't have to mortgage your house and life to get a broken leg fixed,,,

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

I was in Toronto, Ontario a while back.  While attending several mining conventions, and their commensurate parties (they're da bomb, hosted bars, great food), I fell down the stairs while trying to see how fast I could make it down.  Got a big gash in my head from metal stair lips, edges (who in the hell puts metal lips on stairs?), and collected myself on the bottom.  After collecting myself and picking up my glasses with a pool of blood on each lens, I looked to see if anyone saw me, so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  No one, so I scurried outside to get a taxi.  I hopped in, the taxi driver looked back at me, his eyes wide open, and said, "Should I take you to hospital?"  I replied, "No, hotel (the right one next to CN Towner, can't recall the name, could be concussion, but the CN Tower is scary as hell, looking down)."  I went to my room, fully suited, with tie, took my coat off, and collapsed into bed.  I woke up in the morning and was shocked--my pillow and bed sheets were colored red.  Don't worry, I'm HIV free and anything-else-that-will-kill-you free, but I didn't realize head injuries will bleed that bad.  After showering and carefully cleaning my wounded scalp, I went to a local clinic, and the attendant asked me for my health card.  I gave her my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card, and she said, "No, you're Canadian card."  Of course, being from Alaska, U.S.A. (God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!), I didn't have a "Canadian card."  I had to pay $400 cash for the 12 stiches to the head.  That was a lot of loonies and toonies.  Lol.  Great memories of Toronto, including the Niagra Falls, of which the Canadians have the best side. 

Edited by AyaqGuyaq

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

I was in Toronto, Ontario a while back.  While attending several mining conventions, and there commensurate parties (they're da bomb, hosted bars, great food), I fell down the stairs while trying to see how fast I could make it down.  Got a big gash in my head from metal stair lips, edges (who in the hell puts metal lips on stairs?), and collected myself on the bottom.  After collecting myself and picking up my glasses with a pool of blood on each lens, I looked to see if anyone saw me, so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  No one, so I scurried outside to get a taxi.  I hopped in, the taxi driver looked back at me, his eyes wide open, and said, "Should I take you to hospital?"  I replied, "No, hotel (the right one next to CN Towner, can't recall the name, could be concussion, but the CN Tower is scary as hell, looking down)"  I went to my room, fully suited, with tie, took my coat off, and collapsed into bed.  I woke up in the morning and was shocked--my pillow and bed sheets were all red.  Don't worry, I'm HIV free and anything-else-that-will-kill-you free, but I didn't realize head injuries will bleed that bad.  After showering, I went to a local clinic, and the attendant asked me for my health card.  I gave her my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card, and she said, "No, you're Canadian card."  Of course, being from Alaska, U.S.A. (God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!), I didn't have a "Canadian card."  I had to pay $400 cash for the 12 stiches to the head.  That was a lot of loonies and toonies.  Lol.  Great memories of Toronto, including the Niagra Falls, of which the Canadians have the best side. 

• Member ID:  77
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I was in Toronto, Ontario a while back.  While attending several mining conventions, and there commensurate parties (they're da bomb, hosted bars, great food), I fell down the stairs while trying to see how fast I could make it down.  Got a big gash in my head from metal stair lips, edges (who in the hell puts metal lips on stairs?), and collected myself on the bottom.  After collecting myself and picking up my glasses with a pool of blood on each lens, I looked to see if anyone saw me, so I wouldn't be embarrassed.  No one, so I scurried outside to get a taxi.  I hopped in, the taxi driver looked back at me, his eyes wide open, and said, "Should I take you to hospital?"  I replied, "No, hotel (the right one next to CN Towner, can't recall the name, could be concussion, but the CN Tower is scary as hell, looking down)"  I went to my room, fully suited, with tie, took my coat off, and collapsed into bed.  I woke up in the morning and was shocked--my pillow and bed sheets were all red.  Don't worry, I'm HIV free and anything-else-that-will-kill-you free, but I didn't realize head injuries will bleed that bad.  After showering, I went to a local clinic, and the attendant asked me for my health card.  I gave her my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card, and she said, "No, you're Canadian card."  Of course, being from Alaska, U.S.A. (God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!), I didn't have a "Canadian card."  I had to pay $400 cash for the 12 stiches to the head.  That was a lot of loonies and toonies.  Lol.  Great memories of Toronto, including the Niagra Falls, of which the Canadians have the best side. 

Would a Canadian get treated for free if that happened to him over in your country?

That's actually a pretty good deal. My daughter got kicked in the leg by a horse three weeks ago and needed 10 stitches. We don't have a deductible for emergency room visits, but the hospital billed our insurance company $4,500 for a job that took 90 minutes. If we had no insurance that's how much we would owe the hospital. Of course people rarely bother to look at how much their insurance company has to pay for services, they only care that the insurance company pays all of their bills regardless of the cost.

And people wonder why medical insurance costs so much in the states? We don't have a health insurance crisis in the US. It's simple cause and effect. If the cost of medical care remains unregulated and the government forces insurance carriers to cover everything regardless of the cost, it's only natural that they have to charge all of us more for the insurance. Regulate the amount medical providers and pharmaceutical companies can charge and you'll see the cost of insurance drop accordingly. Make it illegal for politicians to invest in industries (like health care and pharmaceutical) where they can become millionaires overnight, and you'll see our economy flourish.

Edited by little_old_man