Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Profile issues COD4

mrq

• Member ID:  3630
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  622
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/24/1979
  • Device:  iPhone

Hi everybody,

Recently my system chrashed and i had to put in a new motherboard, for my videocard wasn't working anymore.

After i reinstalled the whole thing i had key setting issues in COD4: This was the problem, and sollution:

After i put in a new motherboard and reinstalled everything including x-fire and offcourse COD4 i put the back-up profile back in the cod4 installation map.

Then i could play again. Then the strange thing happened that i couldn't use my key settings anymore. Some keys worked but some didn't.

It took me a few days to figure out what it was. It seemed that when i first started up the game, i had to put in a profilename and then the folders i back-upped appeared. I then overwrited these folders in the installation folder.

Apparently then there where 2 profiles in there with the same key configuration. I didn't notice this because i ussualy go in a game directly with x-fire, and so it didn't show the 2 profiles on start-up.

In the game this resulted that i couldn't aim with sniper rifle, i couldn't use the "use button" and i couldn't run. This made me an easy target and a bad teamplayer for i couldn't unfreeze people.

So after a while and me being called all kinds of names i started up the game normally and noticed the 2 profiles. I deleted one and all my problems where solved.

Maybe this explanation helps one of you aswell. If not i just let good gaming time go to waste typing this :-)

Awards

• Member ID:  8277
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2099
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1980

oh my God mannnnnnnn i read read read and 1 hour read to finally read what is your problem and if i can help you, but at the end i just read that i am real idiot who didn't understand that you don't have problem but you only explain something crazy happened to you...big FU!

• Member ID:  1566
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7674
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  68081
  • Days Won:  8

persevere and u got there n1

• Member ID:  3630
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  622
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/24/1979
  • Device:  iPhone

oh my God mannnnnnnn i read read read and 1 hour read to finally read what is your problem and if i can help you, but at the end i just read that i am real idiot who didn't understand that you don't have problem but you only explain something crazy happened to you...big FU!

in the second line, it already says this was the problem and SOLUTION!!! lmao.... But thanks for reading the post :-)

Awards