Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Terrorist attacks in Canada

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Labob I don't put sports figures into the hero category at all. Their actions are legendary, but not heroic.

Sgt York was most definitely a hero, but not by choice. In-fact he tried to avoid going to war on religious grounds but was forced to go any way.  The right set of circumstances can turn any person into a hero or heroine just as circumstances did for Sgt York and Sgt Vickers. Had Sgt York's unit not run into those Germans at just the right time, we would never had heard of him, and had the shooter in Canada been killed by somebody else in Canada, we would probably be praising them right now.

What constitutes a hero all depends on one's perspective of the world. Let's not forget that Osama Bin Laden was a hero to tens of millions of Muslims around the world for committing mass murder on innocent civilians. 

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53619
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Let's not forget that Osama Bin Laden was a hero to tens of millions of Muslims around the world for committing mass murder on innocent civilians. 

Yea thats a martyr though ok before that he was their hero but is he not in the same boat as Joe Montana ? A legend and not a hero ? Am I just being to simple minded on what a hero is. Lets just say some screw ball goes into a school and starts shooting.  We have all read about it but what if somebody actually runs at the freak and kills him it would be a true act of heroism or is that an act of foolishness ? Jumping on a grenade  if its done to save your friends that truly an act of heroism. I think if it a moment of time you find something so much more important than your own life and are willing to give your life up for it thats being a hero. Were a lot of people in this world I do not think there are so many chances at proving your self a hero in what going on so I think if anything looks like it we call it being a hero we want them we surely need them but I think we sell ourselves short on what it truly means to care more about others than ourselves. Just thought of some heros anybody helping the ebola victims there's a bunch of nut cases who care about life more then them selves. I give them a nod of WOW better people than me.

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

Yeah, I'll agree LaBob, you're simple minded. Pert near' retarded in my book. Read a lot of what you've said in the past w/o comment. But this time I'll agree. Maybe Dean has a point.

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

Anybody that serves his country by military, police, fire and rescue and emergency responders are all potential heroes and deserve our thanks, respect and gratitude for the service supplied. Sport is entertainment bullshit. Also in response to LOM's comment about  Bin Laden, he was a terrorist murderer, not a Muslim hero. I think the number of religious Muslims  that thought he was a hero was probably pretty small in world numbers. That is part of the problem, we put a religious tag to their actions and that is exactly what they want. They are doped up, murderous thugs that also do unmentionable things to their own people and the aim is for power, money and greed. Nothing more. They are more closely related to pirates than anything else, but I don't want to insult any pirates.

Edited by Logan

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

No offense taken Logan. I became a pirate in 1984 at the age of 14.

• Member ID:  2069
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966

• Member ID:  2069
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966

This was the scene at every overpass on highway 401, on the stretch known as the "Highway of Heroes", as the hearse passed by carrying Cpl. Nathan Cirillo back to his hometown of Hamilton. Also, over the weekend, veterans and Cadets stood watch at war memorials across the country.

544cf4c8bab50_honourguard2.jpg

Here's one story from near my hometown on Canada's East Coast:

15-year-old honours and remembers Cpl. Nathan Cirillo

NORTH SYDNEY – A solitary act of respect by a local 15-year-old girl has left a veteran of Canada’s military with tears in his eyes.

article.jpg

Ceilidh Bond, a member of Florence's 1917 Vimy Ridge Army Cadet Corp, stands at attention in front of the the cenotaph at North Sydney's Legion Memorial Park on Saturday. The 15-year-old's act of vigilance was dedicated to Cpl. Nathan Cirillo who was assassintated while on ceremonial duty at the National War Memorial in Ottawa on Wednesday.

Carl Wall, president of Branch 19 of the Royal Canadian Legion, said he stepped out of the North Sydney legion on Saturday and was surprised to army cadet Ceilidh Bond standing in front of the cenotaph at Legion Memorial Park.

“She was out there in the rain all by herself standing at attention and when I asked her what she was doing she said ‘I’ve got my uniform on and I am proud of what I am doing for Canada and I am remembering Nathan Cirillo’,” said Wall, a retired air force veteran.

The North Sydney veteran said he was very impressed with the respect shown by the local teen who is a member of the 1917 Vimy Ridge Cadet Corp in Florence.

“I've had tears in my eyes for the past few hours – it really got to me,” said Wall.

“She had been there by herself for two hours so we brought her into the legion and gave her some hot soup and some tea and then she went back out for another hour.”

The 24-year-old Cpl. Cirillo, of Hamilton, Ont., was shot and killed on Wednesday while on ceremonial duty at Canada’s National War Memorial in Ottawa.

He was the second Canadian soldier to be slain on domestic soil in the past week.