Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Hacker found in CoD2

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2017
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16706
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Windows

Hey guys, just a heads up, I was in the IAF server and we all found a hacker under the name iNTERFACE geox (or something very similar) who uses a wall hack and aimbot so if this guy comes into our servers then spec and ban him. He was last under the name IAF.Guest.1 or something and also used Qt.I.Jake too because he WILL CHANGE NAME so if you see anyone with those names in our servers, spec and ban if he hacks. I'm just warning however there are a lot of IAF.Guest.1's around so be careful and don't ban unless specced for long enough to determine hacking and watch for the name changing

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

Thanks for the headsup Dw but you know hackers dont make it far on our servers

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Thanks DW. Names don't really matter when we  catch a hacker. We ban their GUID and IP address as well as their name. They can change their name to whatever they like and the system will keep them out once they've been banned.

Thanks for the headsup Dw but you know hackers dont make it far on our servers

I know but its worth warning just in case we do get one.

Thanks DW. Names don't really matter when we  catch a hacker. We ban their GUID and IP address as well as their name. They can change their name to whatever they like and the system will keep them out once they've been banned.

Ah okay sure. On the IAF server they banned his IP but one of them did say he could get a new GUID and I said that its possible to hide or change your IP so I'd still keep an eye out. And apparently, the OUTLAW server is a place hackers go to some times because they don't run Punkbuster :lol: hacking ruins everyone elses fun and without punkbuster ya let all those people run around

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I know but its worth warning just in case we do get one.

Ah okay sure. On the IAF server they banned his IP but one of them did say he could get a new GUID and I said that its possible to hide or change your IP so I'd still keep an eye out. And apparently, the OUTLAW server is a place hackers go to some times because they don't run Punkbuster :lol: hacking ruins everyone elses fun and without punkbuster ya let all those people run around

Punkbuster hasn't supported COD2 for a few years now, so nobody runs it on their servers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whenever somebody new shows up that plays too well we all watch them very carefully. Yes GUID's and even IP addresses can change, but a playing style rarely does and I've banned quite a few people that have come back in with all new information. We have a great group of admins and hackers don't last long on our servers.

By the way, I used to play IAF a lot when our servers were not busy, and while I really enjoy their maps and mods they get quite a few hackers and their admins are very slow to ban people. I even created a profile on their web site to report people that we had previously banned and were now playing on their server with the same name and still hacking. Most of the time no action was ever taken by them.

Edited by little_old_man

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

We know how to take out the trash...

554cecb5944b0_banhammer.jpg

Awards

Punkbuster hasn't supported COD2 for a few years now, so nobody runs it on their servers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whenever somebody new shows up that plays too well we all watch them very carefully. Yes GUID's and even IP addresses can change, but a playing style rarely does and I've banned quite a few people that have come back in with all new information. We have a great group of admins and hackers don't last long on our servers.

By the way, I used to play IAF a lot when our servers were not busy, and while I really enjoy their maps and mods they get quite a few hackers and their admins are very slow to ban people. I even created a profile on their web site to report people that we had previously banned and were now playing on their server with the same name and still hacking. Most of the time no action was ever taken by them.

It feels as if most servers aren't that fussed and there is barely an admin on the IAF server. Yesterday we had to wait a good 20 minutes for SOMEONE with admin rights to come on. It would make sense if they used xfire and made sure an admin was on at all times or an admin was within easy reach. Hell the person that banned the guy wasn't an admin, just an 'honourary member' that had admin rights which is silly. I am on the IAF server most days until late when our servers get busy. Perhaps we should scrim with IAF at some point, have some friends matches.

And yea I figured punk buster wouldn't considering how old the game is but we do have some great admins yes.

We know how to take out the trash...

554cecb5944b0_banhammer.jpg

Haha nice ban hammer!