Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

game crashes

KaptCrunch

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4466
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36490
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

play a bit then game locks to blank screen,  in steam i check valid files  but come up with 2 are broken  and steam not fix them ? 

I guess going have to reinstall game

I checked logs  came up with DNS errors

deleted locale files  rescan and its ok now

Edited by KaptCrunch

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  4888
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

I've been having the same problems.

2 broken files and I go through the hassle of reinstalling the game . . .it gets a bit old but the game is worth it.

It would be nice to find out it its Steam, the game itself or the alignment of the cosmos . . . lol

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

Which video card do you guys have and your driver version?

NVidia  with 2 updates back,  since current is fine

Okay, well, I'm not sure what to say then.  It seems that some are plagued by this type of thing, and it doesn't seem to be video card related.  JohnnyDos has that black screen thing, too, SOB also, I think.  Johnny's on a Radeon card, that much I know for sure.  If you had said you had a Radeon card, I'd be thinking there's more of a pattern developing here.  But no.

As for the GeForce drivers, it seems NVIDIA is having some pains with Win10.  355.60 (the one before the current, released mid Aug) was a mess and crashed on me a lot.  Accordingly, I went back to 353.62.  But I've had some random BSOD crashes that I just pinned down to Remote Desktop this morning.  As it's obviously doing some video emulation, I'm assuming it is the 355.60 driver.  This morning I installed the 355.82 driver which was released late Aug.  Too early to tell if there's any better or worse performance with that one.

Anyways - Suggestion for Insurgency:

1) Check your ...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\insurgency2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013 folder.  Run the vcredist_x64.exe in there so it can update your VisualC Redistribution module.  When I had problems in BF4, that trick right there got me running smooth.  Maybe it will help for Insurgency, too.

2) Check your ...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\insurgency2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 folder.  Run the DXSETUP.exe in there and let it install (or repair) your DX10 installation.

the second update from steam did what with VisualC Redistribution module to-nite when I played game

i'm using GeForce GTX 650 with the 353.62 driver.

My problem probaby lies in the fact i'm still using Windows XP sp3 32 bit . . . . . . .lol I know I need to upgrade :rtfm:  but i'm dreading the reinstallation of all the programs and i know i will lose some that arn't compatable with 64 bit OS. The up side to upgrading is I already  have 8gb of ram installed which i can only use 4gb because xp 32 only sees 4gb so by upgrading to a newer OS I will instantly have 4 gb more ram.

OK @@djMot give me your well respected recomendation on what OS I should upgrade to. I've been putting it off for way too long now, the wife has Windows 7 and I kinda like it but its getting old now as well. I have heard about windows 8 having some problems and know very little about windows 10. I dont want a bunch of problems with my older programs not working with a new system. Duel bootXp with a newer OS? School me this old dog wants to learn some new tricks.  :lol: 

i'm using GeForce GTX 650 with the 353.62 driver.

My problem probaby lies in the fact i'm still using Windows XP sp3 32 bit . . . . . . .lol I know I need to upgrade :rtfm:  but i'm dreading the reinstallation of all the programs and i know i will lose some that arn't compatable with 64 bit OS. The up side to upgrading is I already  have 8gb of ram installed which i can only use 4gb because xp 32 only sees 4gb so by upgrading to a newer OS I will instantly have 4 gb more ram.

OK @@djMot give me your well respected recomendation on what OS I should upgrade to. I've been putting it off for way too long now, the wife has Windows 7 and I kinda like it but its getting old now as well. I have heard about windows 8 having some problems and know very little about windows 10. I dont want a bunch of problems with my older programs not working with a new system. Duel bootXp with a newer OS? School me this old dog wants to learn some new tricks.  :lol: 

If you have an XP era computer, it's probably time to ditch it for something contemporary.  Unfortunately, without knowing more about your specs, I couldn't begin to give you a recommendation.  And frankly, the only recommendation I would ever want to make is to get the current OS, so in other words, Windows 10.  Upgrading to Win8 only means you'll need to upgrade again - soon.  Although you can probably upgrade from 7 or 8 to 10 for free as long as you do it by next September.  Win10 is awesome, so that's the place to be now.

Tell me what 32bit programs you think you will loose?  Two things about that.  1) Many 32 bit programs run just fine on 64bit Windows.  That's by design.  When they don't, it's more likely that they are too old and rely on OS services that have been discontinued.  And 2) there are a lot of freeware alternatives to programs out there.  Unless you have some proprietary, vertical software that's so specialized that there is no current freeware equivalent, you'll probably find something better.  Only program I've ever actually lost and refused to pay to upgrade has been Microsoft Visio.  It used to be reasonably priced, but then they decided to ditch the "home" edition and go strictly "enterprise" with it and jacked the price into the stratosphere.  But LibreOffice Draw is a fairly good alternative, so even there I'm not at a total loss.  So if you tell me what you fear loosing, maybe I could suggest an alternative...

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I'v had a couple of crashes, not too many, not as many as Johnny used to get, main problem i used to get was the game would just throw me back into my Steam screen maybe once or twice a session, just clicked back on game and i was back in at same point i left.

Edited by Sonovabich

If you have an XP era computer, it's probably time to ditch it for something contemporary.  Unfortunately, without knowing more about your specs, I couldn't begin to give you a recommendation.  And frankly, the only recommendation I would ever want to make is to get the current OS, so in other words, Windows 10.  Upgrading to Win8 only means you'll need to upgrade again - soon.  Although you can probably upgrade from 7 or 8 to 10 for free as long as you do it by next September.  Win10 is awesome, so that's the place to be now.

Tell me what 32bit programs you think you will loose?  Two things about that.  1) Many 32 bit programs run just fine on 64bit Windows.  That's by design.  When they don't, it's more likely that they are too old and rely on OS services that have been discontinued.  And 2) there are a lot of freeware alternatives to programs out there.  Unless you have some proprietary, vertical software that's so specialized that there is no current freeware equivalent, you'll probably find something better.  Only program I've ever actually lost and refused to pay to upgrade has been Microsoft Visio.  It used to be reasonably priced, but then they decided to ditch the "home" edition and go strictly "enterprise" with it and jacked the price into the stratosphere.  But LibreOffice Draw is a fairly good alternative, so even there I'm not at a total loss.  So if you tell me what you fear loosing, maybe I could suggest an alternative...

I recently upgraded everything but the OS with a MSI 970A-G46 mb AMD FX4 core  black edition 8 gb ram  larger power supply Nvidia GTX 650. while it might not be a killer system its not a dog either. Of course I want to go better on the graphics card but i think upgrading the OS is the major concern. As far as programs I would potentially lose your right the amount of freeware out there is amazing so i'm not letting that hold me back, I need to check and see if Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw 10 has 64 bit drivers i can download but i'm sure they wont be free. I've just been too comfortable with XP for too long its a great system and being human naturally i'm resistant to change but change is good so it looks like windows 10 is where i should be.

@@Sonovabich Thats exactly what happens to me and i just click back in . . . . its annoying but i just figure its part of the Insurgency experience  . . .lol

@@Leadfinger - I think once you're on the other side of the Win10 upgrade, you'll be amazed at just how much better it is. Windows has matured an order of magnitude since the good 'ol XP days.  Stability is WAY better, especially for games (some odd problems like this Insurgency thing notwithstanding.)  File History (you need a second drive for that, but SO worth it!) for automatic backup and file versioning is SO nice!  And Hibernate mode to shut down, then recover to where you left off when you power back up is awesome! 

It will be a bit of a shock going all that distance - XP all the way up to 10 - but at its core, it's still Windows so you really wont be lost.  Personally, I absolutely LOVE the new Start Menu - it combines what everyone actually liked about the Win8 Start Screen with what everybody likes about the Win7 Start Menu.  And it's nicely customizable.

Oh, and Corel has definitely kept pace.  Not sure what upgrade path you have available if you have an ancient copy.  You might have to purchase a new license outright.  

http://www.coreldraw.com/us/special-offers/?promo=cb3step

OR

http://www.coreldraw.com/us/product/home-student/?promo=cb3step

Otherwise, Corel PaintShop Pro Ultimate (http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products/paintshop-pro/ultimate/?hptrack=mmpsp&_ga=1.110676741.1089782944.1442871596a) is my preferred graphics program.  You might try Paint.NET or GIMP as alternatives.  Not sure exactly what you use them for, so I can't be sure any of these will do what you need.