Jump to content
Pharais

Pharais Ideas: Coding Club

Recommended Posts

I was thinking both new and old users of open computers and computer craft could discuss their code, help each other out, and possibly teach newbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is better to limit it to CC as it is easier in game to get into (for new players)

Also I would like to start the conversation on dependancies (supporting scripts )

I think this would be a good start for users to learn as supporting scripts can make code look cleaner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I can code in a few languages but I don’t understand a lot of the phrases like “dependencies” or “supporting scripts” (as in I don’t know what they are or what they do)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is my point,

Why write the same thing over and over,

You can have a script that contains functions on how to draw anything on the screen

Then all you do is say draw a line in the main script and it knows how without you having to write thay in every script

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Ahh, that would save time and make long complex codes fairly shorter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to learn Lua but all the languages I learned were in a classroom setting so I'm used to getting lessons where everything is presented with an explanation and example then we are given time to use it to do our own thing. 

Now I just have to break away from that form of learning and adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very interested in this. I would very much like to learn more from people about computer craft and open computers. Coding in general for these mods and how to use them properly. Looking at examples for me really helps, I really want to understand the code and be able to write it. Not just replicate other uses. I hope I posted this in the right place!!!!

 

Quigybobo is my in game name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My game keeps updating to newest version. I have uninstalled it many times. Cleaned it out of my registry. No files on my pc whatsoever. Restart. Install version 1.12.2 and it auto updates it again to 1.14.2. It pissed me off so much I uninstalled it permanently. I really liked the version 1.12.2 mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2019 at 5:04 AM, Angelz said:

My game keeps updating to newest version. I have uninstalled it many times. Cleaned it out of my registry. No files on my pc whatsoever. Restart. Install version 1.12.2 and it auto updates it again to 1.14.2. It pissed me off so much I uninstalled it permanently. I really liked the version 1.12.2 mods.

Wrong place and wrong modpack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, Angelz said:

My game keeps updating to newest version. I have uninstalled it many times. Cleaned it out of my registry. No files on my pc whatsoever. Restart. Install version 1.12.2 and it auto updates it again to 1.14.2. It pissed me off so much I uninstalled it permanently. I really liked the version 1.12.2 mods.

This is the 1.7.10 pack, via the technic launcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

22 minutes ago, Pharais said:

Wrong place and wrong modpack?

Not mods, the game itself. Minecraft will not allow you to use the version you want (which in my case is 1.12.2) It auto updates it 1.14.4 every time. Stupid microsoft forcing what they want grrr lol

18 minutes ago, SparkyBearBomb said:

This is the 1.7.10 pack, via the technic launcher

Yes I know. I was just letting off some steam about my game LOL. I play single player on my pc.

Edited by Angelz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Angelz said:

Not mods, the game itself. Minecraft will not allow you to use the version you want (which in my case is 1.12.2) It auto updates it 1.14.4 every time. Stupid microsoft forcing what they want grrr lol

Yes I know. I was just letting off some steam about my game LOL. I play single player on my pc.

You are still in the wrong spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pharais said:

You are still in the wrong spot.

I may not play in the xi minecraft server. I may not be on topic of this thread. Seeing how the name of the section is minecraft I was just blowing off steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Angelz said:

I may not play in the xi minecraft server. I may not be on topic of this thread. Seeing how the name of the section is minecraft I was just blowing off steam.

Actually the title of this specific topic is: “Pharais Ideas: Coding Club”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pharais said:

Actually the title of this specific topic is: “Pharais Ideas: Coding Club”

It is located in the minecraft forum is it not? I already stated that I was not on topic when I blew off some steam.

Are we good now? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2019 at 1:10 AM, Angelz said:

It is located in the minecraft forum is it not? I already stated that I was not on topic when I blew off some steam.

Are we good now? LOL

No, I’m too stubborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, Angelz said:

It is located in the minecraft forum is it not? I already stated that I was not on topic when I blew off some steam.

Are we good now? LOL

 

4 hours ago, Pharais said:

No, I’m too stubborn.

to be fair, you COULD have made a separate post,
and then maybe someone would have actually either joined the rant or helped

What you did was rude.
dead post or no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

7 hours ago, SparkyBearBomb said:

 

to be fair, you COULD have made a separate post,
and then maybe someone would have actually either joined the rant or helped

What you did was rude.
dead post or no

Look at every thread on these forums and not one stays on topic. So FU!! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, Angelz said:

Look at every thread on these forums and not one stays on topic. So FU!! LOL

This one WAS on topic. Then you ruined it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, Angelz said:

Look at every thread on these forums and not one stays on topic. So FU!! LOL

 

14 minutes ago, Pharais said:

This one WAS on topic. Then you ruined it.

Re read my comment. By your response you misread it.

Almost every single thread on these forums NEVER stays on topic.

===========================================

I made a comment 27 days ago and you started it by your response. It went from there. You and your lil friend blew it out of proportion. All you both had to do was say nothing and it would never have gone this far!!

When I made my comment I did not see the title of the thread. I just seen minecraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2019 at 12:12 AM, Angelz said:

 

Re read my comment. By your response you misread it.

Almost every single thread on these forums NEVER stays on topic.

===========================================

I made a comment 27 days ago and you started it by your response. It went from there. You and your lil friend blew it out of proportion. All you both had to do was say nothing and it would never have gone this far!!

When I made my comment I did not see the title of the thread. I just seen minecraft.

I did read. I’m simply saying it was random and unnecessary. It was something you didn’t have to say at all and this isn’t the place for it. Your argument is also invalid because that’s like walking into a grocery store with a gunshot wound asking for a doctor instead of going to the hospital across the street.. and then using the excuse “sorry.. didnt look at where i was goign.. just saw that it was a building and thought that would be good enough”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the last line of my comment you quoted...I will requote it for you.

On 8/27/2019 at 12:12 AM, Angelz said:

When I made my comment I did not see the title of the thread. I just seen minecraft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Public

Public

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...