Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

My Gaming Mouse Lags In Game Only

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

It started doing this since I replaced my cpu. It starts out great then starts getting choppy then laggy. I still can't figure it out. I checked the drivers and scanned for viruses. It does it on all my pc games. Does anybody know what may be causing this?

• Member ID:  1270
  • Followers:  149
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3862
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  34162
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  04/12/1969

Mouse Sensitivity: This setting is very important, and depending on how far right you move the slider, the greater the responsiveness of your character's view to your mouse movements. Note that if you're experiencing a lot of mouse "lag", it is usually due to low framerates - especially when in heavy combat or smoky scenes, or large complex outdoor scenes. Raising the mouse sensitivity value can't fix that - you'll have to reduce/alter other settings to increase your average framerate.

r_multigpu [0,1] - This setting is the same as the 'Optimize for SLI' option in the in-game settings. As such, you should set it there, however check to make sure it is set appropriately for your system (i.e. 0 for single graphics card users, 1 for SLI users). Also make sure to check the r_gpysync value (See below) for optimal performance. Some single graphics card users note a performance improvement when setting this option to 1, however this may induce keyboard/mouse lag. There is further discussion of these settings in the Conclusion section of the guide.

r_gpuSync [0,1,2,3] - This setting determines the synchronization of the GPU (graphics processing unit) and CPU. The values for the various modes are 0 for Off, 1 for Beginning, 2 for beforePresent, and 3 for Adaptive. Importantly, this setting currently defaults to 3 for all users which is a conscious decision by Infinity Ward to balance performance and responsiveness. This is because if set to 0, you may gain performance however your control input (keyboard and/or mouse input) may become laggy as the CPU and GPU go slightly out of sync in places (See Conclusion section). If you are desparate for extra FPS, set this to 0, however if you notice mouse/keyboard lag even at 30+ FPS, then reset to the default value 3 (Adaptive) which keeps the CPU and GPU in sync.

Update: Earl Hammon, Jr from Infinity Ward has written to me to explain the r_gpusync issue. Basically the game's developers are aware of the additional FPS possible when r_gpusync is disabled (set to 0), however because this setting controls the synchronization of the CPU and GPU (your graphics card(s)), disabling this can also introduce input (mouse/keyboard) lag. This is because your input can at times be processed by the CPU faster than it can be drawn on screen. So on balance they chose the default of r_gpusync = 3 to maintain synchronization while still giving good performance. The same situation (input lag) can occur if the 'Optimize for SLI' or r_multigpu setting is enabled.

I hope to be useful..

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

It started doing this since I replaced my cpu. It starts out great then starts getting choppy then laggy. I still can't figure it out. I checked the drivers and scanned for viruses. It does it on all my pc games. Does anybody know what may be causing this?

You're sure this is not a general problem with your new cpu, compatibility with memory, motherboard, ... ?

When you got your new cpu, your reinstall your system? I hope you had.

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

dean you said all your memory isnt being seen by the computer properly. being you are having problems with your ram it can cause lagginess especially when using lots of memory such as in game

• Member ID:  3352
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  746
  • Birthday:  08/08/1979

dean you said all your memory isnt being seen by the computer properly. being you are having problems with your ram it can cause lagginess especially when using lots of memory such as in game

firstly, is it the bios not recognising all your ram? if that is the case, then your bios is not configured properly. if your bios is configured properly then your ram is incompatible with you other hardware.

if your ram is specced at 800 mhz and your cpu is capable of supporting 1033mhz that will also slow you down big time and cause these issues.

secondly are you running 64 bit or 32 bit? 32 bit will recognize that you have a lot of ram but will only access 3gigs of it and leave the rest. 64 bit will utilize all of it.

did you reconfigure your bios when you put the new cpu in? if you didn't then just access your bios and then save and exit, that'll set the default settings for the cpu. anytime i add new hardware to my machine whether it's a lan card, more ram, cpu etc i always access the bios then save and exit.

it also sounds like your cpu could be overheating, or your ram, or your puwer supply unit. is your heatsink clean? did you use conductive gel between cpu and heatsink? is your ram clean. is your power supply free from dust?

these are all problems that i've had in the past causing exactly waht you're experiencing now and that is what i did to fix it.

Edited by Tatsujin

continued from last post

also another cause for your ram is one of the slot on the mobo could be dead or dirty.

could also be a nasty thing as chip creep which i often suffer from. all it do then is strip my machine down entirely and clean every crevice with a soft paint brush to loosen the dirt and compressed air in a can from the local electronics store. put new conductive gel on the cpu, put it all back together, reset the bios and reconfigure it. you don't need to reformat your hdd and reinstall everything as your harddware isn't changed when you do this. just make sure that you set the acpi to whatever it was before or you'll have to go in and change it again.

also check your voltage output on your psu. you could not be getting the correct voltages, this can be done in the bios in most systems or through a third party program. in this case you'll need to find another psu first to test and see if it outputs the correct voltages. if so then you need to replace yours.

just as a final note, if you are running win 7 you do not need to reinstall your os, just make sure that you have configured your bios properly then go to your hardware manager and make sure you cpu is listed properly. i've never had to reinstall my os unles i was running an oem version and i changed my motherboard

Edited by Tatsujin

just one more thing, sorry. Is you mouse wireless? if so did you check the batteries? i know it's a stupid question but it did beg to be asked. lol

You're sure this is not a general problem with your new cpu, compatibility with memory, motherboard, ... ?

When you got your new cpu, your reinstall your system? I hope you had.

Exe at the risk of being an absolute dumb-ass idiot I didn't think I had to re-install my system. It works without doing that. As far as the compatibility thing the cpu I bought is on the list of compatible cpu's with my mobo!

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

Exe at the risk of being an absolute dumb-ass idiot I didn't think I had to re-install my system. It works without doing that. As far as the compatibility thing the cpu I bought is on the list of compatible cpu's with my mobo!

Just to say your two problems are linked. If you resolve memory issue (on the other topic), mouse lags will probably disappear.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

most of the time you give us tmi but when you have a problem we get none....what is the mb/cpu/does your computer even r3ecognize a different cpu???did you clear the cmos-reset bios???is your mouse wireless...

i would rt click computor and make sure it states your new cpu at the correct speed.if not clear the cmos-bios and reboot.if ok and you have a wireless mouse some get interference from all the cords close to them-add a usb dongle to have mouse usb away from other cables and make sure fresh batteries in mouse.In game make sure frames and connection look normal.

i get the same poor performance in-game if my virus scanner kicks in while im playing /my batteries are low in my mouse/interference from cables around mouse usb transmitter

also is your hardware /running hot???download specy and look to see what your temps are and if cpu is recognized.great little program to look at your system-very simple and free..http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Edited by Damage_inc-

i went into both the games where I have the worst probs and reset them to optimum, and while it helped it didn't completely take care of it on COD-WAW. Its a whole lot betta but still lagging! Mt mouse is not wireless and I will try using it on a hub usb port. My fps are way down fron before and were even before I reset to optimum. I don't really care as long as it isn't lagging. My temps are normal and the vc is running very cool which is surprising as it is a 560 gtx Ti. All hardware is running at 32-40 degrees. That sounds very good to me. Thanks guys for all the info but I still have a problem as it froze on me again last night but that was before i did the reset.

i went into both the games where I have the worst probs and reset them to optimum, and while it helped it didn't completely take care of it on COD-WAW. Its a whole lot betta but still lagging! Mt mouse is not wireless and I will try using it on a hub usb port. My fps are way down fron before and were even before I reset to optimum. I don't really care as long as it isn't lagging. My temps are normal and the vc is running very cool which is surprising as it is a 560 gtx Ti. All hardware is running at 32-40 degrees. That sounds very good to me. Thanks guys for all the info but I still have a problem as it froze on me again last night but that was before i did the reset.

all temps are celsius! Lol! Edited by Bigmeandean

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

hey if bumping down the graphics allowed it to be less laggy it definitely lends itself to be your memory problem. even though the settings control information the graphics card handles, it still has to be handled by the memory coming and going. hopefully you will get the memory issue handled and with that your mouse should stop acting up. while it seems its your mouse lagging its actually your man on the screen which moves when you move the mouse, making you believe its the mouse