Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

The Journal News

GorillaXI

• Member ID:  62
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

This is just a question on weather or not "The Journal News" is a credible news agency.

After they reported the names and addresses of legally registered gun owners they are now themselves hiding behind armed guards. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

It was also reported today that an elderly registered gun owners home was targeted and broken into due directly to the interactive map they made public for criminals to use.

I for one am a big supporter of the 1st amendments rights, but this group of people has now put innocent peoples lives in danger with their actions.

I wonder how long it will take before someone decides to make a legal case against them if someone gets hurt or even worse killed because of the lack of judgment on their part.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14890
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91117
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Is it me or does it seem odd that criminals would center their attention on homes that are known to have a weapons,, and who's to say what type.

What's next, targeting homes with Rottweilers?

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4674
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41116
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Better not target homes with fridges full of beer. First thing I'll lay hands on is a Louisville slugger & swing for the bleachers.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Is it me or does it seem odd that criminals would center their attention on homes that are known to have a weapons,, and who's to say what type.

Most criminals are smart enough to case a property before entering and knowing when the residents aren't home. They probably just waited for them to leave then helped themselves. Guns are stolen from homes all the time, and these morons just gave the criminals a map to their front door.

Thirty years ago when I was 22 I shared a house with a friend and had an extensive gun and camera collection. Witnesses saw a man back his car into my driveway shortly after I left for work, load up many items into his trunk then drive away. One of my neighbors got his license plate number and he was arrested an hour later, but none of my items were with him. It went to trial, and because he hid all of the stolen stuff the jury let him walk because there wasn't enough evidence. Ten years later about 100 miles south of where I lived, a man and a woman were arrested for attempted bank robbery. In the car was one of my rifles and one of my cameras. The woman was the former girlfriend of the guy they arrested for breaking into my house, but because he was already aquitted he couldn't be re-tried on the charges.

My point is, they know when you aren't home and if there is something there they want, they will get it regardless of the risk involved.

Most criminals are smart enough to case a property before entering and knowing when the residents aren't home. They probably just waited for them to leave then helped themselves. Guns are stolen from homes all the time, and these morons just gave the criminals a map to their front door.

Thirty years ago when I was 22 I shared a house with a friend and had an extensive gun and camera collection. Witnesses saw a man back his car into my driveway shortly after I left for work, load up many items into his trunk then drive away. One of my neighbors got his license plate number and he was arrested an hour later, but none of my items were with him. It went to trial, and because he hid all of the stolen stuff the jury let him walk because there wasn't enough evidence. Ten years later about 100 miles south of where I lived, a man and a woman were arrested for attempted bank robbery. In the car was one of my rifles and one of my cameras. The woman was the former girlfriend of the guy they arrested for breaking into my house, but because he was already aquitted he couldn't be re-tried on the charges.

My point is, they know when you aren't home and if there is something there they want, they will get it regardless of the risk involved.

I just read the article. The editor of that paper should race some type of charges for his actions. Like Gorilla I'm all for the 1st but when lives are at stake, then there conduct must be accountable. This "gun map" has literally given any criminal a shopping list of possible weapon stashes. Lucky this gentlemen had a quality gun safe. I fear this wont be the case all the time.

Edited by PimpedOutPete

Steve I have an awesome story that's similar to that but didn't involve a weapon though.. I will PM u that one later or if anyone wishes to hear it.. It's a doozy! Lol

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  271
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18274
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  133905
  • Days Won:  273
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Let's publish Hxtr's address - maybe he'll get stolen

With our luck, he will be returned..lol

• Member ID:  3174
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

true enough.. most guns that fall into the hands of criminals are stolen from law abiding citizens... makes you think twice. I don't need to elaborate on how i feel about this, as y'all already know my opinion on guns...

Gorilla, I agree with you (imagine that! write the date!!) that was the most stupid thing i have ever seen any news agency do... they not only pinpointed all the homes with guns... but also all the homes that had no guns, thus making them vulnerable to armed attacks... these people should be sued, and jailed! they should be put out of business for this stupidity.

• Member ID:  1717
  • Followers:  86
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5298
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  09/24/1984

Make it a package deal, include @@bobbarker.

true enough.. most guns that fall into the hands of criminals are stolen from law abiding citizens... makes you think twice. I don't need to elaborate on how i feel about this, as y'all already know my opinion on guns...

Gorilla, I agree with you (imagine that! write the date!!) that was the most stupid thing i have ever seen any news agency do... they not only pinpointed all the homes with guns... but also all the homes that had no guns, thus making them vulnerable to armed attacks... these people should be sued, and jailed! they should be put out of business for this stupidity.

Thats even more true and poignant. Those who are not on the map are even more vulnerable.

• Member ID:  3174
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

Make it a package deal, include @@bobbarker.

noone would want to visit @@hxtr... lol unless they are into mule love that is :P

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967
  • Device:  Windows

Lol, bad idea, what happens if they steal Hxtrs rubber ducky?

Edited by Joe Canadian

• Member ID:  62
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

I had heard this morning that almost all sponsors have pulled back from the paper and they have lost over 80K in subscribers since this map was posted. It's about time people stand up for what they believe in and actually take action.

• Member ID:  628
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  659
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5300
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/19/1986
  • Device:  Android

Better not target homes with fridges full of beer. First thing I'll lay hands on is a Louisville slugger & swing for the bleachers.

I second that!!!