Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

OK This is to all Freeze players

greywolf2

• Member ID:  35
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2

Ok everyone as we have been having problems getting custom maps to work on freeze 1 we have figured out how to solve it. I will now have to add the iwd file to the mod. So what this means is that when you go to server 1 you will be d/l'ing the map and also the .iwd file will be installed in your mods folder.        You do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For XP users the path is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods For vista and windows 7 users-- who ever runs it post here to include the path.Now when maps are changed and you want to get rid of those iwd files you can.

Ok here lies the problem to do this we had to rename the mod for Freeze server 1 to xiftag----------- Which causes everyone to lose there ranks on Server2. I have edited the configs so that after you join you auto rank up to 55 and you also have both weapons/perks/and camo's unlocked. So after you rank up you need to go out and redo your classes.

Sorry all this was only way to work out the kinks. I will be getting with phantom to see if he can for all who use the Down loader to see if he can work it in there to flush the iwd files automatically I will be adding the new maps to server 1 this afternoon.

• Member ID:  25
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2250
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  12871
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/30/1969
  • Device:  Windows

...my head hurts!!

• Member ID:  423
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  948
  • Birthday:  08/28/1983

ouch you mean im a noob again?

It is quite simple--- I do all the hard work all you do is if you play in Freeze 2 once you auto rank up to level 55 jump out and set your classes up and bam your back to like before. (with the exception your rank will be 55 )

Now if you also play on Freeze 1 the maps you download will also add a iwd file(for the map you are currently playing) to your activision mods folder

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

I don't think I can handle being level 55 again.....I mean, I will lose all that respect of being a level 65!!  How can you do this to us?  ACK!!!  j/k Grey, good job man.  Thanks forr taking the time to fix this.  It will be nice to see some other maps now.  Going back to 55 is not a big deal.

I will be getting the maps in for server1 late tonight. So as to limit the down time

• Member ID:  704
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1712
  • Birthday:  01/05/1989

Works for me! I was only level 56 lol :P I will try some of those new attachments and other goodies, thank you :)

Except sometimes my classes mess up and I spawn with the default assault class : / Can't figure out the problem!

• Member ID:  482
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  327
  • Birthday:  06/23/1967

Will we loose our rank in freeze tag server1 as well? Damn and i just finally made it to  65  plz say it isnt so. life sill goes on aand on ...

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Please don't shout at me i'm a bit confused ( who said what's new) Greywolf are you telling us that we need to delete maps and iwd files from server 1? is that after the new maps go in or before and which maps? doh my head hurts, as for losing rank on server2 i don't give a toss about things like that, i have no probs with it. When the downloader was set up was'nt it supposed to delete maps for us, i don;t think it has ever deleted any maps for me yet.Undecided

OK everyone let me see if i can explain this one more time but in simple terms.  When i added new maps 2 weeks ago to Freeze Server 1  we started running into problems with the server looping trying to download the .iwd file (fancy terms for 1 of 3 files needed for the map).  Ok Solution 1 with Ruggers help we have found that this is happening to others, So to solve this the file that has been looping the server (.iwd) to fix it has to be put into the mod folder (I do this not you)

Ok we run 2 freeze servers and we run (the mods and maps on our redirect) The mod is named g13ftag.  Now for me to add (remember i am doing this not you) the maps on the server side and redirect side i now have to add the .iwd file to the g13ftag mod folder. (again i do this not you)

Now this is where we ran into problem #2. By adding the iwd file to the mod folder on the server side (and when i mean server side this has nothing to do with your pc this is where the maps and mods are stored on XI servers to run the game) On the redirect side all we have is 1 folder named g13ftag and runs both the custom freeze and stock freeze servers. ( the redirect is where we store all our mods and maps so when you join in and dont have a mod or map you can download it much faster than if it was only on the server, which if only on the server you would max out on down load at 13kb/s) So once i put the .iwd files in the mods folders, Freeze server 2 (stock maps server now starts looping)

This is where we came up with Solution 2------ To fix this I not you changed the mod folder name for freeze server 2 on the redirect/and server side to xiftag--- once you do this you loose all your rank and everything only on freeze server 2. To somewhat fix this for server 2 i made adjustments to the config files (config file is just a fancy word meaning this file is how we tell the game to operate---IE score time to defrost and SOOOOOOOOOO to many things to explain) So now when you join into Freeze server 2 you will now download the mod agian but now under a new name     xiftag.  Once you spawn in you will begin to rank up to level 55 just like before. Before hand you had to rank up past 55 to earn your cameo's i adjusted the config files so all is unlocked.  Once you rank up to level 55 (which is within 30 secs of joining all you do is jump out of game and setup all your custom classes) And That is all that is needed for Freeze server 2 .

Ok now onto Freeze server 1. You will lose nothing..... You retain what ever rank you are along with cameo's you have and you continue to play as normal.  SO SERVER 1 YOU DO NOT LOSE YOUR RANK.  Ok now here is where the fix of looping server repairs come. To fix the looping of the server (looping means when the server is loading the 3 files  (1 is a .ff file  1 is the load screen file and the last file is the .iwd file) the mod is in a continual looping pattern trying and trying to down load and locate the .iwd file.   That is one of many reasons a server loops) So to solve this we will now ( and when i say we i mean ME) has to put on the server side and redirect side, the .iwd file into the g13ftag mod folder. So now this solves the looping problem and you go and play the game like normal. You will really never notice anything different.

Now the next step is not needed to be done by anyone unless you know how to. If anyone that needs help they can get with me on xfire/vent and i can help out removing the .iwd files. (You would only have to remove these files under 2 circumstances)                            1) if you have a small hard drive and dont have alot of space

2) if you are a neat freak and don't like clutter on your hard drive (if you are #2 then i take it you know how to locate the .iwd file in the first place.

Now you ONLY HAVE TO REMOVE THE .IWD FILES WHEN I CHANGE THE MAP ROTATION.  So it is not a daily thing you would need to do     whewwww.

I run windows XP pro so i only have the path of the mods folder for this system, I will re edit this post to include vista and windows 7 when i get them....

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\g13ftag                

thats where the .iwd files will be stored on your pc if you run XP

Ok now on to the downloader------ The downloader can not remove the .iwd file as there is to many variables that run with vista and windows 7.  So NO THE DOWNLOADER CAN NOT REMOVE THEM  SORRY.   

Any other questions or concerns you have i am on xfire almost every Saturday and Sunday all day from am to late at night, and on Monday - Friday at nights 5pm cst till late at night @ 1 am cst.         xfire me   greywolf2

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

greywolf, you're the man. Looks like it was more work typing the last response than the work to fix the mod. I'm sure that whatever you did is definitely worth it, regardless of rank. Most folks here play so much that if rank was lost completely, they could rank back up soon enough. Thx for the info and excellent wotk.

• Member ID:  813
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  180
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

well i'm pretty much a noob anyway in cod 4. so let me be your TARGET....

• Member ID:  607
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3339
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33709
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

Great job Greywolf I cant wait to get off this damn training course so i can get in- game again im getting withdrawl symptoms lol

• Member ID:  503
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555

Thanks for the info Greywolfthankyou.gif

What a pain for you - but I'm enjoying ranking up again.... it's fun. freezin.gif

• Member ID:  1096
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  789
  • Birthday:  02/21/1955

Hey all

Let me know what maps your using that calls for the iwd to be in the mod folder...some of those old maps that require it i have cleaned the iwd so you dont have to do that and if you want to clean the iwd. files all you really have to do on most of them is delete everything except the images and sound...and then just add it back into the usermaps folder...very easy process...dunno why the mappers added all those crap files in the 1st place lol...but if ya need help grey give us a yell!

This is a reminder bump for all who did not get to read this