Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Is it time to change to the new mod on COD4 MW2 Freezetag?

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Hey lets remember Sammy is our friend not our slave or employee!

cant believe im about to pay u a compliment....lol...well said buddy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

ah ok....but i use silencer on all weapons...its ok that maybe someone ran behind me without me seeing ....i ll keep an eye out better to see if this was the case

I went through the betty code again just to be sure. If you have the perk... which is basically an extended uav jammer... then do nothing. No muss no fuss. The exception being if a friendly betty was hacked by an enemy. Then stealth does not protect you.

As a list, in order, these will keep the betty from popping up. If any one of these are true then do nothing:

friendly betty.

You are moving very slowly, like in front of claymores.

stealth, unless hacked.

are in an RC or predator, which are workarounds.

disabled by emp.

• Member ID:  2345
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  590
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/1988
  • Device:  Android

freaking Barrett 50 is not accurate enough to hit in scope :veryangry:

The .50 is fine. Hold your breath and use the zoom levels. Or get the steadycam. And like every other weapon in the game you sometimes have to lead in if your target is running. Always been that way. Personally, I like the zoom perk and the steadycam combination for when you want to be an actual long range sniper. Of course it will cost you an attachment and a perk but up to you.

• Member ID:  12221
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  336
  • Birthday:  07/14/1996

Can someone link me to the xlrstats page?

• Member ID:  2184
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

I did not go through all 7 pages here, so apologies if this has already been brought up. 

I've noticed that sometimes folks will be invisible.  It appears to be a spawn protection bug after a perk, but I cannot seem to see consistent application.  I will notice that after someone comes back from a perk they will continue to be invisible till the end of the round or they die.  For example, at the end of a round (suddent death) the other day PvtDeath was invisible to me after he shot me.  When I spec'ed him or followed him around he was invisible (and shooting) for the entiirety of sudden death.  Half of the other folks on the team could see him but not everyone.  The only thing I know is he had just come back from using a perk (car I think).  I've noticed this a couple of times since then.

I'm also noticing that folks tend to disappear during lag spikes - i.e. - a high ping player that hops a lot will sometimes disappear off the screen for a frame or two.  In the old mod they jumped from one location to another when lag caught up.  This isn't a huge deal but it may be related to the above.

This may just be a feature I need to anticipate since I can't seem to offer more feedback than this.  I mention this just in case I'm not alone in noticing this.

How could you tell he was invisible by specing him?

How could you tell he was invisible by specing him?

Keep in mind that this is sudden death....he wasn't dead, he was moving around/shooting, I spec'ed to his first person view, then knifed to free float behind him....no one was there, I then moved around the map to see if I could see anyone else - everyone else appeared to be on the screen.  Spec'ed and free-floated 2-3 times over the course of the sudden death round and every time he was invisible. 

He was not cheating, of course...I'd noticed this happened with other players and I was trying to verify in this instance.

Lots of techie stuff below. Dont feel obligated to read it. Or if you feel there is 'magic' involved and dont want to spoil anything.... :lol:

Maybe freelook has some different engine settings, that would be unusual. Maybe its a bug in the engine that I never noticed. Would have to see it happen both in the mod and in a stock game also. To set it so a player is visible to some but not others requires deliberately hiding an entity entirely then looping through every player in the game and say 'show it me'.

Only a few things do this kind of thing. To get around asset limitations both modders and mappers will have multiple models in a single one. Both the Mig29 and F15 are in a single one for example each bound to a specific tag/joint. When launched the model is hidden to everybody in the game and the specific tag and its part is shown depending on which one of the two is needed. The UAV/CUAV does it also. The explosive decoy does it but twice since there are two crates. Each with a different part hidden. Friendlies see one (the trap) and enemies see the other (the decoy). MW2+ (or whichever has it) uses the two-crate method also. Change teams and it is all updated.

For the RC, since cod4 isnt meant to handle vehicles in MP it requires a work around where there are two entities. The player/owner and a separate car model. The player model itself is changed to the car and the player hidden to everybody. However there is an engine thing. Players always see themselves in third person even if hidden. The other entity, the 2nd car model, is shown to everyone in the game 'except' the owner. He only sees himself. Enemies are shooting and damaging the 2nd car not the player since he is fully hidden. If you look very closely at a fast moving car you can see it 'jitter' a little. Unfortunately that is engine related and cannot be fixed.

For those that remember, this was also the way to remove the problem of enemies shooting a car that has an invisible player above it. You couldnt damage the car because the invisible player model (torso, legs) hitbox was in the way. The convenient thing to do would have been to change the hitbox model. But because of hackers fucking it up for everybody the ability to do that was removed from MP entirely in one of the patches. But hiding a player globally also hides the hitbox. Which allows for the 2nd car to be shot. Because this is an obvious workaround when the RC/Predator/AC130/GBU24 ends the player is restored in several places with multiple-redundancy to make absolutely sure it is done correctly.

Thanks for the explaination on functionality. 

Sammy, I didn't bring it up to set you on a wild goose chase...really just to see if it was a pervasive issue.  I can live with it even if it only happens to me.  I just thought I'd point it out in case there was something bigger going on with the mod.  I really like the mod overall - the only frustrating thing is that laggy players seem to be much harder to hit in this mod vs the last one.  Either way, I won't stop playing for two reasons: Hardline & a working car jammer...  :lol: