Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Day Of Infamy Server Custom Server?

Barron

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

I recently went to play the game today and there was barely any players online, its has been the same way 3/4 weeks after release.

The devs have separated the server listings out to the following playlists:

• Official
  • In Testing
  • Custom

There is only a handful of custom servers at the moment (our's is currently in official) but the custom server's seemed to be more popular (from what I have seen) . The game is still active as such and theres multiple maps and features on the way.

Custom servers allow me to add custom maps and such to the game, it's just a suggestion

Anyone that owns Day of Infamy and have any tips and suggestions its all welcome!

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Can't think of anything to help you Barron, would have loved this game to take off, i was going to play it over the weekend, tried twice but out of all the servers available, there was only 2 with players on,   the biggest problem for me is that there just was not enough maps, maybe they should have held onto the release until they had got at least another 4 maps, custom server might work but looking at the numbers in the servers then i think anything would be a struggle at the moment.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

Can't think of anything to help you Barron, would have loved this game to take off, i was going to play it over the weekend, tried twice but out of all the servers available, there was only 2 with players on,   the biggest problem for me is that there just was not enough maps, maybe they should have held onto the release until they had got at least another 4 maps, custom server might work but looking at the numbers in the servers then i think anything would be a struggle at the moment.

Yeah that's a good point. Like me and maverick went onto it last next and apparently there was 300 players online but when you went to the server browser there was about 60-80 people in game. The game is still excellent I think, its just a pity of the delay of new maps.

The devs have put up a map contest with rewards and stuff for designing a new map for the game, with that and the 2 maps they are currently working on is disappointing. They should of at least have had 50% complete maps in development to work on even after the game release instead of creating new maps from scratch which is causing the delays of new maps being added into the game.

The new 2 maps they are working on should be out this month by the looks of it and I will add them in as soon as they are out. The player population should pick up as such once the new maps are out. With that being said it will more than likely be same story after a while , people will come back playing the game once new content is added and when they get bored of it they will stop playing it.

Regarding the custom server option, its just an idea. There is many free created maps currently available to use, some of them are quite impressive I must say. I will wait for the release of the new maps to see what the player numbers are like first.