Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Solid State Drive?

snaFU73

• Member ID:  85
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3113
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1973
  • Device:  Macintosh

I have preordered Windows 7 and would like to install it on a Solid State Drive (SSD). I want to use the SSD to run my operating system and programs. I will have separate standard drives for storage.

My question is,

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8271
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53659
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

Ah well ok this is not that hard. What you want is a bank in a small town. Look for the gaurds and make sure there real old. It would also help if the cashiers al wear thick glasses. Last remember NO cameras they take pictures of what you look like. MAn I wish I had known that fact. Now get a mask made with Budsr picture on it. So when the cashiers are asked what you look like they can say he looks like somebody from West Virgina or Tennessee. Last is the get away do not I repeat do not borrow your cousins car for this they never put any gas in it. I think the best thing here is to get the soninlaws car. There's lots of dna in the back seat to prove he's the robber and thats a good thing. So remember be careful and good luck. One day they will come down in price.

Intel or corsair is what I've heard are the best Get the extended warrenty (and I always so no to that) Way to much money but I'm trully jealous if you get on. Somebody has to lead the pack with there wallets out front we voted for you :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233075

I would not go below 128 gig

• Member ID:  363
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  296
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1674
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/13/1977

You should also take a look on the chip that is used. There are MLC snd SLC (Multi-/Single-Level-Cell) Chips used. Take the SLC - they are faster and have a longer MTBF. But they are also more expensive.

In fact there are some SSD out there which are slower than a well set-up RAID-System! So you best check the prices and compare e.g. 2xWD-Raptor vs. 1x SSD if you don't mind the noise of the WDs.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5988
  • Content Per Day:  2.51
  • Achievement Points:  51221
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

I've read on this extensively, my advice is to wait another six months & I will tell you why:

The nascent technology in this hardware is developing really really rapidly, give the bell curve a little while to play out as the quality of product is improving drastically in a short period of time. The price will also appreciably come down. If you really wanna give one a spin as a holdover get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139006