Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

April 2021 Server Updates

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Windows

APRIL 2021 TDM SERVER UPDATES

NEW ROTATION
CONFIGURATION CHANGES

Hello everyone! April is coming, so is a new rotation! Every three months I  change the rotation so we don't get overly bored with the current one and it mixes it up a bit. This one is a special one because this weekend (27th and 28th) the server is running CTF over the entirety of the weekend. The server settings (for CTF are):

• 20 minute maps
  • Flag capture limit of 10
  • 3 second respawn timer

Some other settings have been made too, Loader and I are testing something out. Some custom maps have a weather system built into them such as rain or snow and we have enabled a setting on the server to make use of that. So beware, you will get wet. Another setting that has been made is that auto-select is now re-enabled. This is to prevent team stacking and chosing to be on the same team as your mates. it may cause auto-balance issues but it's something we'll have to live with. The new rotation will be as follows:

gametype ctf map mp_toujane map mp_Sweat_Blood map mp_rschew map mp_ol_castle map mp_peaks map mp_marketsquare_b1 map mp_kautenbach map mp_railyard map mp_its map mp_burgundy_snow_v2 map mp_emt_n map mp_dock_assault map mp_bridge2 map mp_canal3 map mp_rhine map mp_chateau_manor map mp_ammaedara map mp_asylum2 map mp_47th_caged_oasis map liberl1.1 map mp_carentan_night map mp_dawnville_night_rain_v2 map mp_curra_tuscany2 map mp_breach map mp_brecourt

You'll also be relieved to know that this rotation is compatible with TDM so it will simply be a gamemode switch in the rotation and it's good to go. There are currently no sniper maps in this rotation due to the CTF but I will adjust the rotation after this. There are still sniper maps on the server, don't worry.

So, a  TL;DR

• New rotation
  • CTF 27/28th
  • Weather system implimented
  • Auto-balance re-enabled
  • New sniper maps next weekend

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54334
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

Excellent post ! Thanks for getting this worked out @PainKiller it makes it so much easier for these changes

Once again input is welcomed and needed as always

• Member ID:  98
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3245
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  18860
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1968

4 hours ago, PainKiller said:

APRIL 2021 TDM SERVER UPDATES

NEW ROTATION
CONFIGURATION CHANGES

Hello everyone! April is coming, so is a new rotation! Every three months I  change the rotation so we don't get overly bored with the current one and it mixes it up a bit. This one is a special one because this weekend (27th and 28th) the server is running CTF over the entirety of the weekend. The server settings (for CTF are):

• 20 minute maps
  • Flag capture limit of 10
  • 3 second respawn timer

Some other settings have been made too, Loader and I are testing something out. Some custom maps have a weather system built into them such as rain or snow and we have enabled a setting on the server to make use of that. So beware, you will get wet. Another setting that has been made is that auto-select is now re-enabled. This is to prevent team stacking and chosing to be on the same team as your mates. it may cause auto-balance issues but it's something we'll have to live with. The new rotation will be as follows:

gametype ctf map mp_toujane map mp_Sweat_Blood map mp_rschew map mp_ol_castle map mp_peaks map mp_marketsquare_b1 map mp_kautenbach map mp_railyard map mp_its map mp_burgundy_snow_v2 map mp_emt_n map mp_dock_assault map mp_bridge2 map mp_canal3 map mp_rhine map mp_chateau_manor map mp_ammaedara map mp_asylum2 map mp_47th_caged_oasis map liberl1.1 map mp_carentan_night map mp_dawnville_night_rain_v2 map mp_curra_tuscany2 map mp_breach map mp_brecourt

You'll also be relieved to know that this rotation is compatible with TDM so it will simply be a gamemode switch in the rotation and it's good to go. There are currently no sniper maps in this rotation due to the CTF but I will adjust the rotation after this. There are still sniper maps on the server, don't worry.

So, a  TL;DR

• New rotation
  • CTF 27/28th
  • Weather system implimented
  • Auto-balance re-enabled
  • New sniper maps next weekend

Thanks Pain for all your hard work , especially the deterrent from stacking the teams . We will see in game on the 27th and 28th and again thankyou....😃

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1829
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16052
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

Thanks for the Hard Work and I am hoping to see at least a few sniper maps because as you and many others know that is the only real reason I play the TDM on weekends since I have to get up at about 6am in order to have a few rounds on sniping during the morning with enough players to make it fun for me and others. Last Weekend poor Starfire ended up playing me as others where ending their gaming time on the TDM server. I think the score turned out to be 12 to 1 and When I got the plane it was really of no use since once I killed him we were back on opposite sides. CTF will make the Campers happy because they will surround the flag area with trip wires and landmines and protect the flag and the runners will get a lot of solo flag captures once they figure out the places with the tents and marsh mellows but it will shack things up a little bit. We will be able to look at time in game numbers on Tuesday to see how much folks loved it. Adding the weather will give folks something new to deal with since it make hide some noise and make others louder like footsteps in snow etc. We will never know how folks respond if we don't try so again thanks for the hard work and thinking outside the box to offer us all different options. I also hope the splitting up of buddies who all jump on the same team is a good idea but will there be a way for those of us who see a 7 to 3 game after a few minutes of game the ability to move to the team with very few players to try to make it more even? I find myself doing that a lot after about 3 minutes of game because it seems like players wait to see who goes where and then they all join in on one side with the guys they like or who they think is the best team. Since weapons are universal regardless of teams I always hit auto assign and tend to be one of the first to be on the field after playing so many years so lets hope others just jump in and let their play sort it out. My newest goal is to have more sniper kills myself then the entire other team and someday soon it will happen, you aren't the only one who can do it Painkiller lol. See you on Saturday if I am feeling ok because tomorrow I get my first Covid-19 Vaccination shot on my way home from work and I hear it makes peoples arm very sore on the first shot and a little sick on the second one in 3 weeks. So if I don't stick around long it is just the shot

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

6 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

Thanks for the Hard Work and I am hoping to see at least a few sniper maps because as you and many others know that is the only real reason I play the TDM on weekends since I have to get up at about 6am in order to have a few rounds on sniping during the morning with enough players to make it fun for me and others. Last Weekend poor Starfire ended up playing me as others where ending their gaming time on the TDM server. I think the score turned out to be 12 to 1 and When I got the plane it was really of no use since once I killed him we were back on opposite sides. CTF will make the Campers happy because they will surround the flag area with trip wires and landmines and protect the flag and the runners will get a lot of solo flag captures once they figure out the places with the tents and marsh mellows but it will shack things up a little bit. We will be able to look at time in game numbers on Tuesday to see how much folks loved it. Adding the weather will give folks something new to deal with since it make hide some noise and make others louder like footsteps in snow etc. We will never know how folks respond if we don't try so again thanks for the hard work and thinking outside the box to offer us all different options. I also hope the splitting up of buddies who all jump on the same team is a good idea but will there be a way for those of us who see a 7 to 3 game after a few minutes of game the ability to move to the team with very few players to try to make it more even? I find myself doing that a lot after about 3 minutes of game because it seems like players wait to see who goes where and then they all join in on one side with the guys they like or who they think is the best team. Since weapons are universal regardless of teams I always hit auto assign and tend to be one of the first to be on the field after playing so many years so lets hope others just jump in and let their play sort it out. My newest goal is to have more sniper kills myself then the entire other team and someday soon it will happen, you aren't the only one who can do it Painkiller lol. See you on Saturday if I am feeling ok because tomorrow I get my first Covid-19 Vaccination shot on my way home from work and I hear it makes peoples arm very sore on the first shot and a little sick on the second one in 3 weeks. So if I don't stick around long it is just the shot

Thanks P, there will be some new snipers added for next weekend and I will stick to the 2:1 rotation we already have going. The weather effects are an interesting one, so in toujane for example we've got dust drifting everywhere, on some maps we've got rain and thunder, it's actually quite interesting (to me) how it all works. We'll see what people think this weekend.

I am hoping the forced auto-assign will mitigate this issue of people jumping on the same team with their buddies. I've done it a couple of times because there are some people I just don't wanna be dealing with, and I like to be on the same team as Window so I can piss him off :lol:

That is a honourable goal! There are times I can wipe the floor on sniper maps and then other times I am the one getting killed every five seconds. Much like that ifis farm one, god I hate that one. It'll happen but you have to contest with Kleine and myself lol.

See you on Saturday mate, please take care and don't force yourself to play if you're feeling rough after the shot, it'll be good to see you anyway.

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1829
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16052
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I will keep an eye on the server this weekend even if I can't play just to see how the spectators affect the auto-balance after the auto assign has put people on teams. I seem to remember that when we have more than 1 or 2 players in spectate it has trouble when it says "Rebalancing Teams in 15 seconds" but hell I smoke a lot of really good medical grade weed that Dr.'s and Lawyers pay $400.00 to $500.00 a ounce for in some States lol. I am also thinking about writing down with each map this weekend how many players are logged in and how many of those are Playing and Spectating and how the teams stack up just so we have a hard copy record.