Jump to content

Smeggie

+ COD4 Moderator
  • Posts

    1323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    21
  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Points

    8,278,160 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Smeggie

  1. I spent all day yesterday in ceremonies. I was not a firefighter during 9-11 But many of my brothers (and sisters) at my fire company were at the Pentagon on 9-11-2001. All day I listened to their stories. All from a different perspective. My Assistant Chief talked about how our team was staged in the courtyard of the Pentagon. Then being called upon to pull lines into the "C" and "D" ring of the Pentagon. Smoke so thick that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. The heat so intense that they could only get close enough to keep the fire at bay and keep it from advancing any further. He talked about the fingermarks in the suet running down the walls of the halls, where people would drag their hands along the walls (because they couldn't see) trying to escape the terror. He talked about the team being deployed to the roof of the Pentagon and an evacuation was announced because of another potential aircraft headed that way....and their refusal to leave the roof. Fortunately it ended up being nothing. My Deputy Chief talked about how my north fire station was the rally point for all resources in my county that were made available by other fire companies, with over 200 volunteers ready to be dispatched all over the area to backfill stations, or ultimately to the Pentagon. In all, my fire company had more than 40 volunteer firefighters in rotating 12 hour shifts at the Pentagon for more than a week. We had 30 administrative staff staged at our north fire station coordinating logistics, supplies, food and whatever else needed to be done. Here is a video from a fellow life member of my company that now heads up FEMA at Mount Weather, who was at the Pentagon and went to the 'pile' in NYC. If you don't know what Mount Weather is, take some time to do some research. On 9-11-2001 I was just a simple guy coaching a kids soccer team with my good friend George Gabriel. Turns out Gorge's brother Richard Gabriel, a purple heart recipient of the Vietnam War, was on the plane that hit the Pentagon. I am a life member now. And every year I hear new stories about that day. Stories that literally make my skin crawl. I am in awe of the human spirit. To be able to put all the fear and anxiety aside....and do what has to be done. To do what is right not knowing what the outcome may be. And I am so sad to see where our country is today.....
  2. This explains a lot ?
  3. I did Cobol, Fortran and Assembler with card punch. Did you ever drop a deck? Talk about SUCK!
  4. Raise your hand if you ever used one of these? I started my IT career using them....
  5. Check the ammoseek site https://ammoseek.com/
  6. Is that going to take care of his weeds?
  7. Sweet rig @Burt(XI)!!
  8. Smeggie

    Hi All

    You're the rat bastard that keeps killing me! Keep up the great work, and welcome!
  9. IT Enterprise storage & Backup architect / engineer Volunteer firefighter and have a professional photography business
  10. This is spectacular news @PimpedOutPete!!
  11. Impressive @WeednFeed!
  12. This is awesome news! Thank you for sharing and brightening our day. Congrats to you and your wife!
  13. Very nice. I am in the Smoky's this week. Weather sucks balls though.....seems everytime I go on vacation I get chased by a damn tropical storm.
  14. @monkie I'm so very sorry. They give unconditional love. Its so hard to let them go. This is my Rusty as a 12 week old pup. He is 4 now and is just as cute and stubborn as ever.... Hang in there.
  15. You still win the introduction award @ShadyBrady...at least for now. But @Tony Turrets is hot on your heels. Maybe you like that? Welcome Tony very happy to see you in here!
  16. 2018 Ford Explorer Sport 2012 Larson Cabrio 857
  17. Always enjoyed playing with Toes. Many great laughs. He'll be sorely missed.
  18. Seems to be an issue with Turtle Beach headsets. Similar thing happened to mine. I used some epoxy putty and a few zip ties and it works good as new! ?
  19. Fly out there, rent a U-Haul pickup and car dolly or trailer and tow that thing home yourself.
  20. Looks delicious! Isn't it missing chocolate drizzle and whipped cream, though?
  21. Gotta say Tony is a treat to have on the server. I wish an admin would reach out to him to get on the site and get his tags. Never a dull moment when Tony is in server....
  22. Very nice, I am a big fan of Beretta. Virginia is the next Maryland...or California. Can't wait to bug out
  23. I die non-stop from non cheaters so what do I care. Take a chill.....its only a game. I'm here for the fun conversation in game. I have to be because I am frozen most of the time anyway.
  24. Wish I could. Bad week / weekend for me.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.