Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Antivirus 2010... Your PC is Infected

2cuteSue

• Member ID:  73
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5701
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1972

My girlfriends pc has got this shit on it... Her son constantly gets these dam virus's and usually i can get them off.  But this mf has got me stumped... Pops up big ol blackblox with red letters Your Computer is Infected with Spyware/Malware. Its a fake trojan virus thats part of the anti virus 2010 bs..  It wont let you open any software... So you have to run a new exe. and try an get a few trojans off before it infects that program too... after a while it just locks up the pc totally and u have to hard reboot. then do it all over again. install fresh superantispyware, run it , get a few trojans off quickly and then try something else... It totally shuts malewarebytes down whenever u try and hit the scan button. wont run at all from a fresh install...  Im not looking to buy some dam maleware program to get this off... should be able to for free but I so far am not getting nowhere....   anyone got any suggestions ???

• Member ID:  467
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1721
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  10631
  • Birthday:  09/11/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

go to my bleeping computer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/) about the 5 thing down they show you how to fix it.

• Member ID:  45
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9028
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65933
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951
  • Device:  Windows

YES REFORMAT

sorry but thats the best thing at this point,,I won't even try to fix a computer with virus ,And unless I reformat and reinstall the operating system first,

other then that , you can try and run your anti virus in safe mode, that will help,  I use Avast anti virus free, But if you already have the virus you have install it in safe mode.then run it.,same with any type virus removal software.

• Member ID:  934
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5656
  • Birthday:  08/16/1960

Avg just released an ISO for a bootable AV disk. Burn the disk on a clean PC then put in infested PC. I haven't tried it as I just D/L'd yesterday so don't know if it'll work or not. I do know that when your rebooting the machine your reloading the virus over and over again. You'll have to get a bootable disk to avoid the windows startup. Google AVG ISO and you'll find it.

If it's rootkit protected you may have to get a Linux based ISO. I have used them with GREAT sucess. Just plug them in, hit update then scan and delete. Takes about an hour to scan.

Use Firefox 3.6 as it's more secure. Get the WOT (World of Trust) plug-in. It show a color coded circle for rated sites, Green for good, yellow for suspicious and red for harmful.

If it gets infected that often it's time to change surfing habits.

Might also look into a flltering software to keep the kids off the bad sites.

• Member ID:  1176
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

ok had this many times since it wont let u download or open any antivirus or any program usually heres what you do

go to account setting and make a guest account or activate it then logg off and log on in the guest user account then u will be able to acces an anitvirus and malware bite ecc. but if i was u i would rocover ur pc to an earlier time and it will deff work but only if ur in the guest account ..of sourse when making those changes it will ask for admin confermation /password ecc. but its gaurenteed to work i used to get this all the time ..trust me

• Member ID:  891
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

Darth Yoda

Avg just released an ISO for a bootable AV disk. Burn the disk on a clean PC then put in infested PC. I haven't tried it as I just D/L'd yesterday so don't know if it'll work or not. I do know that when your rebooting the machine your reloading the virus over and over again. You'll have to get a bootable disk to avoid the windows startup. Google AVG ISO and you'll find it.

If it's rootkit protected you may have to get a Linux based ISO. I have used them with GREAT sucess. Just plug them in, hit update then scan and delete. Takes about an hour to scan.

Use Firefox 3.6 as it's more secure. Get the WOT (World of Trust) plug-in. It show a color coded circle for rated sites, Green for good, yellow for suspicious and red for harmful.

If it gets infected that often it's time to change surfing habits.

Might also look into a flltering software to keep the kids off the bad sites.

I was gonna say, dont let the  kid near the computer anymore unless he wants to work his summer off buying a new one for ya so he can have the shitty one he fucked up lol

• Member ID:  1540
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

lookup rkill.com (not the site its a file) should be on bleepingcomputer.com, it will turn it off while you run malwarebytes to get rid of it. Some times you will have to do it again after a restart.

You will have to most likely run sfc /scannow to replace your sys files because it renames the ones you need to run taskmgr etc.

If you do a re-install just remember select the repair option and you wont lose your pics, programs etc. you will just have to redo all the windowz updates etc. while you are updating run the malwarebytes to delete the files that caused the problems in the first place.

Keep in mind the peson that wishes they had a backup the most is usually the one that just lost everything Laughing

Lastly get a better antivirus so you dont get the same thing again!

ive tried everything... idk what to do... I done a system restore back to a few weeks ago... Ive gone into safe mode with networking and done the rkill thing then installed a fresh malwarebytes, ran it... but it stops after bout 3 seconds and shuts off.... Ive tried superantispyware, iobit 360, Advanced system care, ..... FUK...  Wont let me update with Microsoft security essentials....  i did create a guest account and done all this in the guest account still to no avail.!!! That thing with bleeping computer dont work.... just did that... Havent tried the ISO with avg yet....  looked that over for a second and not sure about it... stilll checking it out!!!

• Member ID:  68
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2709
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  14854
  • Birthday:  04/13/1969

Sue I think there is a new version of this shit online....

have a look here

http://www.spywarevoid.com/remove-new-version-of-antivirus-2010-malware.html

hope this helps...had this issue on a a friends pc earlier

• Member ID:  1540
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

One thing I remember is uninstall malwarebytes, then run the rkill, then reinstall malwarebytes again but on the install rename the folder something like C:\program files\malwarebytes2 instead of the standard C:\program files\malwarebytes

And remember the rkill is only active for the current session and you have to run it again if you restart. Sometimes you can run spybot S/D and get good results, plus you can edit your system startup options. I think the file that starts the whole mess usually hides in your documents and settings and has a strange name like 11104552, basically when you get infected the virus writes a startup file named by a randomly generated number. Spybot will let you disable it so it wont start on the next boot. Then you can run your other scans/updates to get rid of it.

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

Sue go back to bleepingcomputor and go to the forums (you will have to register there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

Scroll down to the virus/trojan section and read the what you need before posting logs threads.

After that post and they can assist you with all the help you need.  I was with Castle cops along time ago and read hijackthis files....

Trust me they can help you out.

• Member ID:  1683
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  347
  • Birthday:  07/18/1996

Ah, Antivirus 2010. Friend had this once... Fixed it by deleting one of there sisters accounts BUT I think there are other ways.

I have a Kaspersky boot disk that might help ISO File:  http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/

Kasperksy Virus removal tool: http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility  There are many tools for different trogans and things.

(Kaspersky has worked for some things in the past, there are many other tools out there though)

Your problem MIGHT be that you have a Rootkit that is making it a pain to remove the trogan. Or the trogan itself could be blocking things. 

If you can try USB or disk and load up the boot disk. It should take you to a screen where you can scan your comp. scan and if it finds it then fix it. IF it is possible to Repair then click that. Deleting could cause major issues. If you have found the Rootkit and/or trogan and cannot repair then you have a choice of Deleting. (I have no resoponsability if your Hardisk is unusable from removing memory sectors if you have a rootkit) 

My mom had a TSCC rootkit that would not allow almost anything. Internet, Ctrl panel but allowed commands to be done. I just used the Antivirus on there to remove a couple trogans, system restored, and then used Kasperskies TDS Killer

But I can diagnose your problem if you want me to if you can send me a screenie or picture with cam. There are many types of Fake antiviruses and some even generate a name out of random with specific algorithims, so finding the removal software or guide to removing it can be alittle hard without the GUI look. 

If you have tried what I have said and it will not work I can probably provide more help if you want. If nothing everybody throws at you works then you will need to contact somebody who knows how to do a Reg Edit in boot-mode. (out of my ballpark)

• Member ID:  1176
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

did you try running your anitvirus or malware program in the guest account ...like i said same exact prblem that i have had and this works everytime,while in the guest account notice u can use ur programe the virus is blocking in ur normal account

nope, it doesnt work in the guest account either... does the same stuff...!!  fresh install, run a few seconds and bam.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah, im scared of that regedit myself... ive got a thread over at bleepingcomputers now so i hope maybe they can help me out...

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

Whats the Operating System Sue ?

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6888
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  44109
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971

NightmareXI

Sue I think there is a new version of this shit online....

have a look here

http://www.spywarevoid.com/remove-new-version-of-antivirus-2010-malware.html

hope this helps...had this issue on a a friends pc earlier

Dang that wa sin the news here and we had some servers here in the netherlands.

INFO Click

vista os... on a dam dell e521 dimension.....   its about 4 years old!!!

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960

2cuteSue,

I had the same virus. It is an SOB to get rid of... I was to the point of reinstalling my OS and then some one told me to run a program called Combofix.

I had nothing to lose and guess what... It fixed the darn thing.... Thanks to a few guys on here that steered me to that.

It is available from Bleepingcomputer.com. It is a little hard to find the download link, but if you have xfire I can send the file to you thru that.

Edit to add a link to the file download.

http://bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

Here is the page Sue.

Artimus.

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

what i do is this .. i have two 500 GB Hdd's .. one for the system and the other one for important and usefulm stuff i need. so when my PC gets inffected i wont bother trying to get it out of my PC i just install a banrd new windows and just install all the programs again .. its always good to have two harddrives. when viruses get into your win32 files its a lost battle already, even when u manage to get them into quarantine with the antivirus software u cant be sure they really STAy in there and wont do anything else to infect your PC. i do have a Spybot and Ad-aware and i dont even get any fucking viruses on my PC .. some registry issues sometimes and ad-aware works perfectly for me in these situations.

just tell your kid to stop downloading random stuff and let him know which sites he can use ... i personally hate them ONLINE game sites .. where kids can go and play flash games .. my brother has the same issue with his kidds and i told him not to let them do that.

thanks artimus... i saw that in another guys pc fix thing but i was waiting for a reply from them bleeping dudes... lol...  thanks.. ur right i got nothing to lose..  just dl it and gonna try..  Ya, evool i do the same.. I have to externals on mine... and all my shit is backedup ..  but her stuff isnt... now she freaking out cause there is 4-5 years of her work on there for the hospital... so im trying not to fuk it up.... lol...  i just wanna smak her boy upside the head.... little fuker has fuked up her pc, his laptop, his sister pc and dont give a dam either.... GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

2cuteSue
thanks artimus... i saw that in another guys pc fix thing but i was waiting for a reply from them bleeping dudes... lol...  thanks.. ur right i got nothing to lose..  just dl it and gonna try..  Ya, evool i do the same.. I have to externals on mine... and all my shit is backedup ..  but her stuff isnt... now she freaking out cause there is 4-5 years of her work on there for the hospital... so im trying not to fuk it up.... lol...  i just wanna smak her boy upside the head.... little fuker has fuked up her pc, his laptop, his sister pc and dont give a dam either.... GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

i hear ya bud !!! ill keep my fingers crossed for ya. its gonna be a tough battle :)

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16067
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

HEY SUE i HAD THIS VIRUS ABOUT A YEAR AGO ON MY OLD PC AND ROCKAPE USED CROSSLOOP TO LOOK AT MY PC AND WE USED COMBOFIX AND MALWAREBYTES AND  A FEW OTHERS TO FIX IT BUT SORRY TO SAY IT CAME BACK SUPER HARD AND VERY DEEP IN THE SYSTEM FILES SO WE DECIDED THE BEST THING TO DO WAS REFORMAT IT BY REINSTALLING THE OS XP IN MY CASE. I SAY THIS BECAUSE ROCKAPE IS AWESOME FOR HELPING THINGS LIKE THIS AND BECAUSE I DIDN'T RECOVER INFORMATION WHILE IT WAS WORKING BEFORE THE VIRUS CAME BACK. GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU GET THE PC BACK RECOVER WHAT YOU NEED THEN REFORMAT BROTHER...PS HOPE YOUR HEALTH IS LOOKING BETTER MAN AND YOUR IN OUR PRAYERS

• Member ID:  1746
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  785
  • Birthday:  01/24/1979

Sue, My ex-wife has done this to me several times, I wish you luck and hope you find the fix, Combofix did the job for me once another time it was useing a Ubuntu bootable OS and then scanning from there.

After the 10th time or so I threw the ubuntu disk in and had her do all her browsing stuff thru that. when she finished i ejected the disk and rebooted to my non screwed windows.

and now I have ejected her from my house LOL

Edit because I words put in order wrong

Lol, well, this mf has whooped my ass....   I tried that combofix thing... all it did was just start the computer over (restart)........   and guess what.... i even had the pc turned off and my ISP disconnected my service.... Said that my pc was infected with a host type mail bot that was sending out virus's ....   I mean dam.... give me notice or something... dont just turn my shit off... WTF.... I thought it went out cause of the bad ass storm we had here last tues. high winds and stuff.... internet been down since last wed. so i didnt even know my ISP cutt me off..... LMAO... Sons of bitches.!!!  So basically im thru trying to fuck with this thing.... ima take the hard drive out of it and slave it... get all the info i need out of it, files, pictures, vids, whatever my girls needs off of it and then wipe the mf.... I tell ya what.... This new Antivirus 2010 aint like the one people are talking about from a year ago... This mf is some shit... Nothing works on it....  Good luck to whoever else gets it.... And if u do find a way to get it off.... Please post it!!!!  Thanks to everyone for your help....