Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Part 4 of some styles of playing COD4

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

I will do my best to keep my bias down to a rumble as I write this post. This is the style where there are two similoar styles but there are distinct differences. One I call the wanna bees! The other I call worms. I guess I had a slip of the penn there didn't I? Sorry about that. I guess I should tell you why I have such a disdain for this relative inactive gaming style. Oh no I just did it again. I can see it now I am going to get lambasted by these comments but I got to say it. Before I go on ranting let me tell you what the wanna bees are exactly. They are the players that sit on the side lines and try to stay out of sight ut always begin shooting at you even before they have a very clean clear shot as you are running by. Most of the time they get me in the back , but there are times where in their anxious moment they jump the gun and get their ass handed to them. When I see one of these people, and there are thouisands of them, all doing the very same thing that the rest are doing with a very limited amount of talent. Most of them pick for a weapon the most over powered gun in all COD4 nation. Somwe of them like to sit in a bush or sit behind a bush and shoot innocent players in the back as they walk by. Some try to get way back up on some hill and sit on their perch and prey on others cause they are what I call the LAZY gamers. They don't want to do anywork to earn their own kills, but sneak around hiddeing someone in the back. The worms are very easily desribed in just a few words. They are the ones who are a coward from the first time they fired their first shot on any server. They usually get a completely inconspicuos place and kill as many other players before they are spotted by others and usually they keep returning to this "nesting" grounds. I detest this style more than all the other styles combined and play harder than normal when I see the opportunity is at hand and then I seize it and the war begins. People I must tell you there are always two sides to every story. There are legitimate resasons why some people play this way. I know most of the ones that has this reason or other, I will never condemn a style ever but I don't have to like it or you , but They still have there right to what ever they want. Later my friends!

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

look some play overly offensive and rush.some play overy defensive and camp.the smartest can do both and read the map well and have figured out the best weapon/perk match up based on the mod or non mod that is running that is most effective.

pls let this be part 4 of 4

• Member ID:  265
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  25064
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1969
  • Device:  iPhone

Ill run and gun with who ever....BUT.... as you all know i will pull

out my tent at the drop of a hat.....this is how i have played for years

and will always play........and i have fun doing it like that.............

• Member ID:  295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

just be glad rugger allowed no SPAWN camping on ace mod...(ITS THE ONLY MOD..i m pretty sure)....EVEN THOUGH ace mod is the fastest server we have ..all i see are a bunch of cry babies WHO ACT LIKE ITS A STOCK SERVER...who skill levels will never touch a run and gunner...lemme tell u how to kill a camper...RUN TO WHERE THAT MUTHA FUCKA IS AND KILL HIM! lemme tell u how to kill a run n gunner RUN AROUND TILL U SEE A MUTHA FUCKA THEN SHOOT HIM!  NOW GO AHEAD KEEP TALKIN SHIT ABOUT PEOPLES GAMING STYLE ...ALTHOUGH IF U LOOK AT THE 100 TOP CLANS ..IT SAIDS U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE RAZZING U CAUSE OF UR GAMING STYLE! pretty soon i bet someone/someones are gonna be complaining ..and saying someone is taking the fun out of the game....and there are admins who love hearing that! gl on the rest of ur post dean ..but this shall be the last 1 i read...they are all to similar ...just have diff names for the particular gaming style.

edit: GREED MOD is a non camping mod...u camp and it takes your gun until u are not camping anymore

• Member ID:  323
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1020
  • Birthday:  06/09/1952

I have no style, I just shoot what's moving, standing still, smoking a bowl, picking their ass, I don't care if I don't like what's happening in the game I move on if I don't like the game I buy another.  Peace Brother.

• Member ID:  189
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1388
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  7432
  • Birthday:  02/01/1978

just more styles than running with a Pistol

• Member ID:  38
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1255
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  7228
  • Birthday:  11/06/1971

Wow...

Anyhow, weren't there campers in the wars these games are based off of? I think they were called snipers...I dunno, I could be wrong.

I camp, I run and gun, I do it all...RAWR! (Depends on my mood though Wink)

Putting fellow members down for their choice of gaming style is pretty sad. This is the reason I don't play my cod4 game (not everyone, but there are a lot of whiners)....I still am tweaking with cod5 though. Just saving money for a different vid card and power supply.

Bash ya later!

crackxi

just be glad rugger allowed no SPAWN camping on ace mod...(ITS THE ONLY MOD..i m pretty sure)....EVEN THOUGH ace mod is the fastest server we have ..all i see are a bunch of cry babies WHO ACT LIKE ITS A STOCK SERVER...who skill levels will never touch a run and gunner...lemme tell u how to kill a camper...RUN TO WHERE THAT MUTHA FUCKA IS AND KILL HIM! lemme tell u how to kill a run n gunner RUN AROUND TILL U SEE A MUTHA FUCKA THEN SHOOT HIM!  NOW GO AHEAD KEEP TALKIN SHIT ABOUT PEOPLES GAMING STYLE ...ALTHOUGH IF U LOOK AT THE 100 TOP CLANS ..IT SAIDS U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE RAZZING U CAUSE OF UR GAMING STYLE! pretty soon i bet someone/someones are gonna be complaining ..and saying someone is taking the fun out of the game....and there are admins who love hearing that! gl on the rest of ur post dean ..but this shall be the last 1 i read...they are all to similar ...just have diff names for the particular gaming style.

edit: GREED MOD is a non camping mod...u camp and it takes your gun until u are not camping anymore

crack this is only so many people who don't know there are differences in gaming styles , and yes I dom rant but still the fact remains there are people who have wasted a lot of money on big fancy computers just to sit in a hole! I akso know if your getting on edge with what I write then I am doing my job and this really isn't pointed at you but those whom really want to improve their game. I have studied many of the players that is why I have written nthese posts. I also believe its an individuals choice whether they decide to never read anymore or not but the thing is the best is yet to come caquse I willm be writng on howm to make what you do regardless of style the most effective it can be! Thank you for your comments as they helpm me determine how I should progress on with this series! As far as the styles of gaming this was my last on that but the ren are some things that I want to post on gaming gear on your profile and hown tpm improve your individual style that fits for yourself. I realize that not everybody can be or want to be a wild crazy bastard as myself. One more thing I told you that I detest certain styles but there are many similarities betweem some of the styles. I was only trying to be informative regaqrdless of my critical statemements. Now everybody knows how I feel and I was trying to give those with an opposite view the opportunity to respond and very few have taken the opportunity. NowI nwant tom tell you as far as I am concerned it's all good bro. Peace out bro.

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

all i can say is that my style (or lack of style, just checkmy pathetic stats) equates to a runner and gunner for the most part. My biggest talent in game is to flush out the enemy position,get killed in the process, then report intel to my teammates for my rescue. Not by choice mind you, as i would really love to rack up some good scores, i just dont have the skill as others do, but i do love to run more than camp. I only camp when my team is winning in ftag and i camp the enemy spawn for the last defrost. My attempts at camping always prove futile against the likes of crack and others who have the revenge kill based on my location down patYellYellYellCool. Someone get this damn target of my back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14885
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91081
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Is there a right or wrong style of play? No not really...  You pretty well have covered all the styles of play Dean and it has been an interesting read but there is no reason to critisize any certain style. Yes, we all hate being killed by campers or such but it makes killing them all the more fun.

Myself I dont think i fit any style of play. I usually let the map dictate what style i will play. I usually patrol a certain area and use the maps features to my advantage.  If I need to run and gun so be it, its not my first choice and there are better players at it like Artie & Nick but i like to think Im pretty adept at it.

I guess its a hybrid of the four. I may not win ever map but Im happy to be close to the top with  a very good ratio... Above all i do give Kudo's to the guys I play with. Its hard to beat Nick,Artie or Dawgy at run/gun. Laz, Pain & Mike are very simular to myself and thats hard to compete with. Then u have players like Ferret & Spanky that rarely use thier weapon and your either bashed or find yuorself dead by grenade...  Thats a tallent on its own. There are so many players that fall between these styles as well like Rock, Van, Gom or Bart that any given day can dominate along with the many others I dont have time to mention..

Of course this is for COD2 but I have to give my props to everyone that plays on our servers.  Somedays any given player can piss me off but its only becuase they can get the best of me at that time.. and at the end of the day I respect that and whatever style they choose.. Kudo's Peeps!

Pete

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8269
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53645
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

Kill them all God will sort it out. That or the worms.

• Member ID:  7
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  342
  • Birthday:  09/25/1976

Why are RAGers the style of choice..... who is anyone to say camping is a dumb style of play. Play the game your way and ill play my way. i camp 99% of the time. Now i play Freeze Tag all the time. I'm usally defrosting all the RAGers that get shot in the back. It gets real old listening to players in game or reading post that bash the way i play. There is no right or wrong way to play. Playing this game is for MY enjoyment. NOT anyone elses. 

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

sorry rugger and all the admins and members of XI, butt hell dean when does your fucked up mind end. you left XI

on the fact the tampon boys aka. tb clan gave you admin rights there ?. you then told me in an x-fire how XI sucked

and was run by a loser that had no idea how to run a clan. shit went south with your new freinds at Tb fuckheads and you came back to XI. now you can't keep your opinion of how to play the game to yourself. why don't you just shut the fuck up. quit all this lame ass posts and just play the FUCKING GAME. if you don't like how things are going do what i did and walk away. you seem to me be 1 who likes to keep pushing things. I DID THAT AND IN THE END I AM HAPPY. i will always be an IDIOT it is my life but bro you need to chill and get back to the game and fuck there are always going to be peeps that do things in game you don't like. we all need to look at both sides and see with a group there will always be someone who pisses someone off. live with it . life is short and we all die in the END. peace out. SR. Money mouth

who's Rugger hum

Well peeps it seems I stuck a nerve here, which was not my intention. Sr why are yiou digging up water under the bridge? I never in all these post once mentioned any name or defamed any individual, but it seemd you can't let it go can you? Well that  is ok. These post was not about me ranting though I did some but to identify what most of the people play! The only reason I play IS FOR THE FUN OF THE GAME! It seems I stirred something up that I had no intention to do or cause but instead of just reading and making a comment on the context some have chosen to do a "PERSONAL" attack! Which if you read the rules is prohibited! I don't have any reason to want to cause a rift among the clan. I love this clan and Bud you broight up some information from the past but you didnt bother to mention which you didn't even know I was going through a divorce and a death of a special fami9ly member and WAS dealing with severe depression so if this is how you like to treat those less fortunate then my friend I am shocked but its not my life it is yours so lets have fun ion the killing fields! Peace OUT!

Bigmeandean
Well peeps it seems I stuck a nerve here, which was not my intention. Sr why are yiou digging up water under the bridge? I never in all these post once mentioned any name or defamed any individual, but it seemd you can't let it go can you? Well that  is ok. These post was not about me ranting though I did some but to identify what most of the people play! The only reason I play IS FOR THE FUN OF THE GAME! It seems I stirred something up that I had no intention to do or cause but instead of just reading and making a comment on the context some have chosen to do a "PERSONAL" attack! Which if you read the rules is prohibited! I don't have any reason to want to cause a rift among the clan. I love this clan and Bud you broight up some information from the past but you didnt bother to mention which you didn't even know I was going through a divorce and a death of a special fami9ly member and WAS dealing with severe depression so if this is how you like to treat those less fortunate then my friend I am shocked but its not my life it is yours so lets have fun ion the killing fields! Peace OUT!

well dean at the time of your telling us members we are doing things wrong i was also going threw my mothers cancer.

and i hade  to deal with my mother that  lived with me and my wife for the past 10yrs with no help from my brother

and 3 sisters. then bam the day the doctor said there was nothing they can do. oh boy did my brother and sisters step up. fuck that bro quit bringing up shit fuck you i gave all for this clan. and my family sufferd for it. you fucked XI and i will never do that. we all get old bro live with it you are no exception.

Ok ladies... put the claws back, kiss and make up and while your at it.. let me grab a camera so i can take a few pics of you gay bastards so i can sell them online (lol)... Not that there is anything wrong with that.. hehe

• Member ID:  689
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2030
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  13317
  • Birthday:  07/22/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

Wow pete, i got a little creeped out there, wtf.  

Hey Sr lets back up here I agree we all have our own issues but I wasn't attacking or telling anybody what they are doing wrong just my feelings about certain styles ok? I like you and don't want this kind of shit flying around cause I remember when it was stirred up just a few months ago and I thought how immature it was then. Will you meet me in the muddle and shake hands and go on with our lives cause it sounds to me we both have enough shit that most people dont have that we need to relax and just have fun Ok? Will you do that with me. We don't need this Bud, we need to remember we are fellow clansmen! Let me know if you are ok with that!

Good grief Dean..Times are hard and Pimps gotts make his quota anyway he can... I dont discriminate (lol)....

• Member ID:  2112
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  425
  • Birthday:  04/09/1975

WoW how can one not love the Drama in this clan?? With more than 400 members I am not shocked at it at all. Since I am new and do not get to play with everyone at hand I will only say so much.

Dean, while you may have not meant to stir up a argument about gaming styles you did just that. Why?? because you mention how people play and you categorized then into only 2 possibilities. You may see people as only campers because you like to run and gun,but on a server with objectives I see campers as defensive strategy. It all comes down to the game style at hand. If all you play on is a TDM server then you will get people pitching tents and singing Kumbayah, you have to expect that. If you play on a server with objectives there will still be campers,but they are the ones that usually end up saving the day for their team.

My personal style is whatever is needed at the moment. I switch my game play depending on who is left alive. I am also a player that likes to use the weapon that no one else likes. I make using a 2 shot weapon fun and other people want to know how, so I show them.

We were all brought together in this clan to have fun side by side. We all have different playing styles and that is what makes playing together unique. In the end this is just a game and when it becomes more than that you really need to look at why you play online.

I for one am sorry to have just read the BudSr is no longer a part of this family. He was the first admin I had on my xFire and when I needed something he was always there. I do not know the circumstances on why he is no longer with us, but I for one wish him the best in his future endeavors.

• Member ID:  3233
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2030
  • Birthday:  04/09/1967

It's good that you notice these things Dean as it will allow you to continue to adapt to the many players we have on our servers ---all are different  --some may be similiar but never the same .

One must adapt to the environment and players they are competing against or perish (or in this case , be frozen more than you might like too hehe )

I have found lately after playing black ops for a few days that it  takes me awhile to re-adjust to Cod4 freezetag and I must suffer looking like a total nooblet until this adjustment takes place and I can get back on top of the team rankings , perhaps I'm getting old hmmm who knows ?

I like your style dean as it is very similiar to mine and you are not afraid to rush in there and slice and dice opponents --now if we could get  you to blow them into many bits and pieces with C4 more often that would be great :)

SCooBY

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

CrAzY

WoW how can one not love the Drama in this clan?? With more than 400 members I am not shocked at it at all. Since I am new and do not get to play with everyone at hand I will only say so much.

Dean, while you may have not meant to stir up a argument about gaming styles you did just that. Why?? because you mention how people play and you categorized then into only 2 possibilities. You may see people as only campers because you like to run and gun,but on a server with objectives I see campers as defensive strategy. It all comes down to the game style at hand. If all you play on is a TDM server then you will get people pitching tents and singing Kumbayah, you have to expect that. If you play on a server with objectives there will still be campers,but they are the ones that usually end up saving the day for their team.

My personal style is whatever is needed at the moment. I switch my game play depending on who is left alive. I am also a player that likes to use the weapon that no one else likes. I make using a 2 shot weapon fun and other people want to know how, so I show them.

We were all brought together in this clan to have fun side by side. We all have different playing styles and that is what makes playing together unique. In the end this is just a game and when it becomes more than that you really need to look at why you play online.

I for one am sorry to have just read the BudSr is no longer a part of this family. He was the first admin I had on my xFire and when I needed something he was always there. I do not know the circumstances on why he is no longer with us, but I for one wish him the best in his future endeavors.

+1

I agree with you CrAzY. Dean, if you just pointed out the different gaming styles it would have been ok even though we all know the different styles.But you didn't stop there, you had to keep degrading different styles that you didn't like and knocking them. I hate tubers and nade launchers and bunny hopping but I don't post in here about it because it is all part of the game and I do things that others don't like. If you had just pointed out the different game styles it wouldn't have been so bad but guess what, we are Idiots but we can figure out the game styles and we can play the style that best fits us or the map. Just my feelings but who the hell am I.

Bigmeandean
Hey Sr lets back up here I agree we all have our own issues but I wasn't attacking or telling anybody what they are doing wrong just my feelings about certain styles ok? I like you and don't want this kind of shit flying around cause I remember when it was stirred up just a few months ago and I thought how immature it was then. Will you meet me in the muddle and shake hands and go on with our lives cause it sounds to me we both have enough shit that most people dont have that we need to relax and just have fun Ok? Will you do that with me. We don't need this Bud, we need to remember we are fellow clansmen! Let me know if you are ok with that!

that's the problem dean we all have issues and when we take them out on others shit happens. i for 1 have always been under the rule if you have an issue with someone we go to a vent ch. ups thats oldschool teamspeck ch. i have no problem with peeps only when the keep telling peeps how to play or ask why do they play that way. bro who the fuck cares get in there and kick there asses and move on. just seems to me you have way to much time on your hands to keep posting your how 2s. love ya but gata say what i feel. and for all i can say is i am retired from XI. just looking out for them as you are still all family.