Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Marriage..Dont take it forgranted.

Angel

• Member ID:  46
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.

She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day.

She requested that every day for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife's divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outsidethe door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me.

On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me... she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy.

I drove to office.... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind...I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart.

Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead.

My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce.-- At least, in the eyes of our son--- I'm a loving husband....

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

If you don't share this, nothing will happen to you.

If you do, you just might save a marriage.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

• Member ID:  1634
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1634
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12427
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1949

DEEJ

I dont give a shit its still a heart warming story. I have ben with my wife 11yrs and we still

go out on dates even when were dead broke we go window shopping at the mall.

We enjoy every moment we spend together

Thank's ANGEL

• Member ID:  839
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Thanks Angel, touching story. I try to think positive every day when I have to dress my wife and every night when I have to bathe her. We have been together 34 years, she has had 6 strokes, several heart attacks and beat cancer twice. Sure she is thin and has some gray hair but I just thank God for every single day. People need to quit taking their love and life for granted. If everybody would take a story like that to heart, then the world would be a far better place.

• Member ID:  378
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  559
  • Birthday:  12/29/1965

Angel, thanks for sharing and making me think about how much I love my wife but don't always tell her.  Going to go tell her right now!

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14885
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91081
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Thanks Angel... Weather its true or not, it doesnt matter. My wife is still as beautiful as the first day we met, she is the best part of me.. and I definitely married up..  Thanks for reminding me about that..

Pete (ter)

Yes....Deejaykeg it wasnt meant to be a true story.   It was just showing that u shouldnt take marriage or life forgranted.  And ur welcome guys...trust me comin from a woman...the littlest love you or something very simple like bringing us a drink means alot to us.  Least for me anyway.  :)

P.S.  U didnt read too clearly..no where does it state that it was a true story...just someone wrote this to make people realize how special a marriage is.  Or just life in general..cause one day u could be fine and the next gone.  And yes Bushape..that is wonderful. :)

• Member ID:  2167
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  833
  • Birthday:  04/29/1969
  • Device:  Windows

WOW, think i need a tissue. 11yrs of kids and life will take its toll if you dont work on your relationship and you not even realize its happening.

Awards

• Member ID:  2560
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956

I truly wish more people in this dysfunctional world of ours would try to make their marriages work. Nowadays, people just toss aside their spouses for almost anything. Compromise and Communication is the key IMHO.

• Member ID:  2794
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1080
  • Birthday:  11/11/1976

I never thought I would marry.  My mother (who raised me) has been married 5 times, and I was sure that if I married I would have a similar track record.  Even after 2 kids from a long, emotionally twisted relationship, which only solidified that I didn't want to marry anyone. I was 30 when I met Valerie.  She was ending a terrible marriage, and I was NOT looking for love. But the first time I kissed her, I knew she was the one. I know it sounds cheezy, but it is true there was a spark in my heart that I thought could never be struck.  It has been 5 years. I know that's a drop in the bucket to most, but for someone who swore to never get married, it is a testament to how this woman has moved me.  Totally not my "type", red-haired, porcelain skin, green eyes.  This woman is brilliant, and funny, and sexy, and silly, a great cook, and she puts up with my ass.  I too, truly married up!

I cannot imagine my life without her.  I buy her flowers about once a week, for no other reason than to make her smile.  She has stuck with me when any other woman would have run away.  I have a truly crazy "babies mama" who has done everything in her power to destroy my marriage.  The psycho figures, if she can't have me, nobody will.  This has only strengthened our bond, because I know if we could make it thru what we have, we could make it thru anything. 

Thank you very much Angel!  You remind me that you can never say "I love you!" too often.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Awesome post Angel thank you, anything I could say about my wife would mirror many of the things aready said.  She is my mate and my best friend and I can always count on her.  I can do the littlest things in life and make her happy, like changing her windshield wipers before she had the chance to tell me they were bad and she is so appreciative, I think as women mature things like taking out the garbage, or folding the laundry, or unloading the dishwasher is fourplay. Laughing Respect for one another and understanding is always the atmosphere in my home, and it's a very happy place to be.  There was a time in my life when I was not so lucky to have someone like her.

It's good to remind ourselves of the blessings we have and to continue to cherish them.

• Member ID:  221
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

Thanks Angel good story

You are welcome guys.  This touched me.  My first marriage fell apart because we just assumed the other knew how we felt.  We didnt do those special things anymore and we didnt even say love u that much anymore.  So I vowed the next time, there wouldnt be a day go by he didnt hear me say I love you and for me to show him that love.  I have found that magical love and he is truly my soul mate.  I make sure everyday he knows that I love him and he does the same to me.  We cherish every moment we have together and its a 50/50 relationship.  I dont take advantage of him like some women do....he is ur partner, not ur slave.  As vice verse....unless its a sex slave.. ;)  But anyway...hope yall enjoy.  If nothing else just always make ur woman know shes the one and she should do the same to you.

• Member ID:  712
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  398
  • Birthday:  07/21/1983

good story babe. whether its true or not it has a great lesson that everyone should learn. i love you very much and ty for posting this

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

Thank you Angel so much for this story and yes we need to work at keeping our love ones close to our hearts

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

Thanks Angel, best post this year!

• Member ID:  2794
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1080
  • Birthday:  11/11/1976

An added note to my post.  The wife and I found out last night that we are expecting our first baby!

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

I'm into my wife...I'm not sure I even remeber her name....I call her babe or baby...

Never planned on getting married....I knocked her up and was thinking about how to get out of a jam when I said...why not...

Me an her drove up to Niagra Falls and into Canada...stayed the required 2 days and got hitched....

That was 20 years ago and it seems like minutes...I ended up with a great lady, 2 fantastic but wiseass kids and not one regret...

Angel that was a great story...its nice to stop for a minute in this shitty world and reflect...I felt for the dude in the story...and smiled at my own success and happiness....

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Dstraktd

An added note to my post.  The wife and I found out last night that we are expecting our first baby!

Fantastic...congrats....

Congrats!!

• Member ID:  1186
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2026
  • Birthday:  09/12/1982
  • Device:  iPhone

thank you very much to all of you that shared and especially angel that story made me cry lol yup i am a cry baby!! we got married a little over 6 months now and we know each other for about 2 years now and what we are sharing togheter is above what i ever thought was possible!! I will do all i can to keep it that way and i know that he will do the same too... with him i do not really need to talk * i am not a expressive person in a relationship* but still i do talk as much as i can and often i force myself to talk lol it never comes out right tho lol but they say its with practice that you will get it right lol so my man is for sure the most awesome for me he knows how to decrypte my weird english lol and cuz of your story angel i will even start making way more efforts and try to raise the bar as high as he always does for me :-) thank you so much :-*

your welcome :)  and its ok...i cried too.  :)