Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

A Friend of mines brother was murdered a couple days ago

mouselad

• Member ID:  20902
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

Sad news from South Texas.

A friend of mines brother, Javier Vega was murdered Sunday while fishing with his family. He was a border patrol agent, and Marine.

He was killed while fishing with his family. Two Mexican nationals approached him, his father, his wife, his mother, his two sons, and a friend of their sons while fishing on Sunday and tried to rob them. They saw Javier's sidearm, and started firing at him. He was struck in the chest and killed, and his father in the hip. The robbers tried to run, and Javier's mother picked up an AR-15 that the robbers had dropped and shot at their vehicle. the bullets hit the vehicle causing it to breakdown a couple miles down the road. The robbers/murderers were caught hiding in a tool shed on someones property. They are being charged with Capital Murder, Attempted Capital Murder, and aggravated robbery.

They also admitted that they had been robbing people fishing around the area, and one has been arrested 4 time for crossing into the US illegally.

Here is more info on the story.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/04/the-heartbreaking-words-police-say-slain-off-duty-border-patrol-agent-told-his-dad-after-they-were-attacked/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Here is a press release the border patrol did about his death.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1080096#.U-KprmNmbl4

I didn't know Javier personally, but I grew up with his younger brother. I went to grade school through High school with him and played football with him all those years also. I have met his dad. They are great people, and from what I've heard his brother was just as high caliber person.

Sorry for the depressing post, but I am just very saddened and angered by this. May Javi RIP.

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.16
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970
  • Device:  Windows

Sad news from South Texas.

A friend of mines brother, Javier Vega was murdered Sunday while fishing with his family. He was a border patrol agent, and Marine.

He was killed while fishing with his family. Two Mexican nationals approached him, his father, his wife, his mother, his two sons, and a friend of their sons while fishing on Sunday and tried to rob them. They saw Javier's sidearm, and started firing at him. He was struck in the chest and killed, and his father in the hip. The robbers tried to run, and Javier's mother picked up an AR-15 that the robbers had dropped and shot at their vehicle. the bullets hit the vehicle causing it to breakdown a couple miles down the road. The robbers/murderers were caught hiding in a tool shed on someones property. They are being charged with Capital Murder, Attempted Capital Murder, and aggravated robbery.

They also admitted that they had been robbing people fishing around the area, and one has been arrested 4 time for crossing into the US illegally.

Here is more info on the story.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/04/the-heartbreaking-words-police-say-slain-off-duty-border-patrol-agent-told-his-dad-after-they-were-attacked/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Here is a press release the border patrol did about his death.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1080096#.U-KprmNmbl4

I didn't know Javier personally, but I grew up with his younger brother. I went to grade school through High school with him and played football with him all those years also. I have met his dad. They are great people, and from what I've heard his brother was just as high caliber person.

Sorry for the depressing post, but I am just very saddened and angered by this. May Javi RIP.

I heard about that on the news. I live in Texas as well. Very sorry for the family. Senseless killings. No way do we need to secure the border.

• Member ID:  2759
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

dude that is messed up... too bad he didn't pull out that side arm faster!

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

May he RIP.

Situations like this make my blood boil. We need to get the military camped out on our border until some kind of permanent structure is built to keep fuckers like these (and the drug mules) out. I have nothing against hispanic people coming here to live "legally", and I feel horrible for all of the kids making their way here for a better life, but we have to lock it down NOW to get control of this fiasco.

• Member ID:  3506
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  939
  • Birthday:  12/09/1974

Sorry for the lost of a family friend. I agree with Little_Old_Man. Arm the boarder, give the stop command 3 times, then warning shots.

• Member ID:  390
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

May he RIP.

Situations like this make my blood boil. We need to get the military camped out on our border until some kind of permanent structure is built to keep fuckers like these (and the drug mules) out. I have nothing against hispanic people coming here to live "legally", and I feel horrible for all of the kids making their way here for a better life, but we have to lock it down NOW to get control of this fiasco.

Sorry to hear all this but you could have left MULE out!

May he RIP.

and I was reading in another article that the one that had been arrested 4 times prior for crossing over illegaly  served like 10 days in jail or something like that and then they just sent him back to mexico and he just crossed right back over.

Also I am usually not for the death penalty but I think in this case I hope they get it... Another thing that pissed me off is one of them had the nerve to say "i never meant to hurt anyone".. motherfucker.. you were robbing people at gunpoint and shot a man in front of his family. how is that not meant to hurt anyone?

It sucks. that is like a family tradition to do down here. go fishing in the various arroyos. No one ever fucked with anyone really before. now people are robbing and killing people just trying to spend time with their family.

Also There have been many armed home invasions down here that have also been linked to people over hear illegally.

If any of you have interest in the drug cartel wars that are going on and other border news this is a pretty good blog.

WARNING: It does contain graphic content (death)

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

Edited by mouselad

Does anybody else find it odd that had we not heard about this story here, none of us probably would have heard about it at all? It's really strange what stories make national news these days.  It's almost as if that unless the story is about what a movie star is wearing, or ebola rates in Africa, it's not worth talking about.

• Member ID:  21058
  • Followers:  220
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2494
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  20963
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

I'm sorry to hear that mate... It's unbelievable what people do to others. May he R.I.P and the assholes get stuck in jail forever!

• Member ID:  2137
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3993
  • Birthday:  05/20/1964

will the robbers die or will they get life inside....

we here in uk sometimes here off shooting in the USA but not this 1 ,its very sad ...

will the robbers die or will they get life inside....

we here in uk sometimes here off shooting in the USA but not this 1 ,its very sad ...

Normally in Texas with Capital Murder especially of a Agent it will be Death Penalty. 

Also one of them has admitted to 4 other similar robberies in the area, each time attacking a family fishing,  stealing a vehicle, and forcing the families onto the ground at gunpoint. So he got 4 more counts of aggravated robbery

Edited by mouselad

At least in Texas they actually follow through with their death penalty.We have people in California that have been on death row for 40 years.