Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

OW2 updates thread.

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Hi guys,

It was brought my attention yesterday that at times the various updates I do might surprise people. Which is cool and I appreciated it. If there are questions or comments its always good to direct them here so they can be answered or clarified. I know most people dont come here but instead say things in the game. I am not there nearly as often as most people and unless I am monitoring things I prefer to play instead of get into mod discussions. I just dont have the time. So I ask that if this happens and someone has issues direct him here.

If I do upload or try something its for a good reason and there is a specific purpose to it. Maybe something in the game is unbalanced and unfair on its own where some kind of optional countermeasures is needed. Maybe something is not good enough to be worth using. Maybe something new and interesting to spice things up and pump up the uncertainly of the battlefield. If players dont think 'oh shit!' enough during the game then maybe something should be looked at. Otherwise its like playing tic-tac-toe with a chicken. Then again, maybe I screwed something up like I did with the car. :lol:

Anyways, next updates will address some issues with the SAM launcher. It was ignoring the defroster uav. Maybe it should maybe it shouldnt since strictly speaking it is a stealth drone. However SAMs didnt ignore the reaper so long as it was close enough to see it. So it didnt really match. Stealth drones are harder to hit however since SAMs in-flight have a harder time tracking it depending on range as well as relative attack angles. Like the reaper and uav the defroster has two defensive flares that most of the time will distract missiles. Two more are required to destroy it. On small and open maps like Bog this can happen fairly quickly. On maps with lots of obstructions it might not happen at all or not enough to destroy it before it expires. Related note, it is possible that SAMs were not being fired at the AC130 but nobody told me if they werent. The ac130 has four flares and requires four missiles to destroy it.

To clarify the experiment why sudden death has the red-dots for players that fire unsilenced weapons. Often matches were ending where nobody won. This happens when there are too many rounds that end in a draw. Considering 9-round matches can take well over an hour that can get annoying. The idea isnt to show where everyone is at all times... barring someone launching an actual uav... but help alleviate situations where people run around and never find each other. In the past, with spectator ghosting, dead friendlies were telling where the enemy was anyways. One result I saw is that many people simply run around with silencers when they are defrosted close to the end of regulation time. But there will always be people that strictly insist on their machine guns or shottys and will be seen every time they fire. That might be unfair. So Boom had an idea that might be worth exploring next. Once sudden death starts, for 10 seconds red dots will show everyone. But after that nothing regardless of weapon. Except the uav streak if launched.

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

Sammy,

One more issue, if you are in the RCXD and drive in or around an enemy care package. The press F to steal package remains on screen after you come out of spawn protection. It doesn't go away until you die and respawn.

Since you shouldnt be able to steal them anyways I will take care of that. Thx.

• Member ID:  22485
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1588
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

Sammy,

One more issue, if you are in the RCXD and drive in or around an enemy care package. The press F to steal package remains on screen after you come out of spawn protection. It doesn't go away until you die and respawn.

I've also seen it stay when going to a package in spawn protection and not finish stealing it. You'll eventually be out of spawn protection with the message stuck on screen.

Stealing? Or taking your own? If stealing, that shouldnt be happening because it is unfair to the owner and the enemy team. They have no way to try and stop you or even know that you are there. If its your own however then it would be unfair to prevent you from securing it.

Stealing? Or taking your own? If stealing, that shouldnt be happening because it is unfair to the owner and the enemy team. They have no way to try and stop you or even know that you are there. If its your own however then it would be unfair to prevent you from securing it.

He is referring to stealing enemy CP.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed if two UAV defrosters are called really close to the same time, the first one stays up for the entire round, even after shooting it to get the uav defroster destroyed message. For instance, Gump was on one team and called a uav defroster, around the same second I had pushed the kill streak for uav desfroster, so mine went out as well. I was able to then shoot gump's defroster, but after the message saying it was destroyed (and the explosion fx) it kept going for the entire round. Gump was even able to call a 2nd uav defroster while the first glitched one was still going. I guess only one variable is being used to track it and mine being called 2nd overwrote the data for his?

Also, side note, on map mp_disputed, on Sunday or Monday, I used a tactical nuke, and it crashed the server just before it could kill everyone. Don't know if it was just a fluke, or if the map has an issue.

You two were on different teams for the defroster? If so, that could be related. Not entirely sure if its supposed to allow both teams to have one up at the same time. I dont think so. As for the tac nuke, maybe someone fucked with things before it could kill everyone. :lol:

• Member ID:  24324
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  88

Hi guys,

It was brought my attention yesterday that at times the various updates I do might surprise people. Which is cool and I appreciated it. If there are questions or comments its always good to direct them here so they can be answered or clarified. I know most people dont come here but instead say things in the game. I am not there nearly as often as most people and unless I am monitoring things I prefer to play instead of get into mod discussions. I just dont have the time. So I ask that if this happens and someone has issues direct him here.

If I do upload or try something its for a good reason and there is a specific purpose to it. Maybe something in the game is unbalanced and unfair on its own where some kind of optional countermeasures is needed. Maybe something is not good enough to be worth using. Maybe something new and interesting to spice things up and pump up the uncertainly of the battlefield. If players dont think 'oh shit!' enough during the game then maybe something should be looked at. Otherwise its like playing tic-tac-toe with a chicken. Then again, maybe I screwed something up like I did with the car. :lol:

Anyways, next updates will address some issues with the SAM launcher. It was ignoring the defroster uav. Maybe it should maybe it shouldnt since strictly speaking it is a stealth drone. However SAMs didnt ignore the reaper so long as it was close enough to see it. So it didnt really match. Stealth drones are harder to hit however since SAMs in-flight have a harder time tracking it depending on range as well as relative attack angles. Like the reaper and uav the defroster has two defensive flares that most of the time will distract missiles. Two more are required to destroy it. On small and open maps like Bog this can happen fairly quickly. On maps with lots of obstructions it might not happen at all or not enough to destroy it before it expires. Related note, it is possible that SAMs were not being fired at the AC130 but nobody told me if they werent. The ac130 has four flares and requires four missiles to destroy it.

To clarify the experiment why sudden death has the red-dots for players that fire unsilenced weapons. Often matches were ending where nobody won. This happens when there are too many rounds that end in a draw. Considering 9-round matches can take well over an hour that can get annoying. The idea isnt to show where everyone is at all times... barring someone launching an actual uav... but help alleviate situations where people run around and never find each other. In the past, with spectator ghosting, dead friendlies were telling where the enemy was anyways. One result I saw is that many people simply run around with silencers when they are defrosted close to the end of regulation time. But there will always be people that strictly insist on their machine guns or shottys and will be seen every time they fire. That might be unfair. So Boom had an idea that might be worth exploring next. Once sudden death starts, for 10 seconds red dots will show everyone. But after that nothing regardless of weapon. Except the uav streak if launched.

hello all

hi sammy

tell me its you ? from OW2 comminuty

PS: sorry for bad english

Tis I, the great and powerful Sammy. :lol:

Ahem...

I looked and it shouldnt be possible for two of them to be up at the same time. Unless I suppose there is an unusual timing issue under very specific circumstances. There was a bug where the damage functions werent properly removing a destroyed defroster. But I thought I fixed that. So just so I understand, there were two of them *before* attempting to shoot one down?

@@Sammy give me a gun with unlimited Nuke bullets, and maybe I won't twist your wrist too hard.  :whip:

Tis I, the great and powerful Sammy. :lol:

Ahem...

I looked and it shouldnt be possible for two of them to be up at the same time. Unless I suppose there is an unusual timing issue under very specific circumstances. There was a bug where the damage functions werent properly removing a destroyed defroster. But I thought I fixed that. So just so I understand, there were two of them *before* attempting to shoot one down?

They were on different teams. We had another glitched one happen, just a map ago. It looks like they are being called within half a second of each other. Are the timings the same like the predator missles? I don't think I've ever seen two of those get used at the same time. I'm guessing a reference is being lost to the first one, which prevents it from truly expiring or being destroyed.

I suspect it has to do with the timings concerning the cellphone raising and clicking. I will be adding a double-check for existing d-uavs. So both when pushing 7-8-9 as well as when the player clicks the cellphone. Usually only one would be needed, during the click by the phone or the c4 handle, but the first check was added so people dont have to wait for weaponlower+cellphoneraise to find out whether or not something is allowed. Will see how it goes.

Small config change, on next restart, on how the Overtime round ( 4 to 4 ) is handled. Currently it lasts for 1 minute, then a 2 minute sudden death extension. However since the first minute is sudden death also that doesnt make sense. The change *should* alter it that so its a single sudden death OT timer of 3 minutes.

The reason for the existence of 'overtime sudden death' is for situations where the 9th OT round itself is the usual with allowed respawns but shorter than the usual round time. Or if it is limited to say 3 respawns only. Then it would go to sudden death extra time if there is no winner at the end of regulation.