Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Is it worth it?

Sikon

• Member ID:  27340
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

Is it worth more upgrades?

Seems like replacing anymore would conclude to replacing nearly everything. 

My gaming pc is not a high end pc. Average at best, if it was 2010.. in my opinion anyways.. :pardon: 

Trash = 

{ "this" : "is" , "trash" : "pc" }

print ( trash [ "this" ] )

;

C:\\del*.*

:drinks:

My PC 

Brand: Acer

Model: number AT3-710-UR56

Motherboard: h11h4-ad2 (I think?)

Processor: ‎i5 6400 Speed‎ 2.7 GHz

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Hard Drive: ‎2 TB SATA Hard Drive: Speed‎ 5400 RPM

Backup Hard Drive: Seagate 8 TB SATA (Upgrade)

Graphics: GeForce GTX  745 (Upgraded to 1650 Super OC.  However, bottlenecked at 8x pcie. Barely fit..)

Monitor: Samsung 27" Odyssey Gaming Monitor CRG5 Curved LED FHD Monitor With G-Sync (Upgrade)

Power Supply: 300 Watts (Upgraded to Thermaltake TR2 500W)

Mouse: Logitech G502 SE High Performance RGB Gaming Mouse (Upgrade)

Headphones: Logitech G935 Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Mic took a shit sense kids went on spring break, lol.)

Keyboard: Basic Dell from amazon. Had a good Microsoft keyboard, also recently stopped working. 

Internet 1,200 mbps.  (Assumingly bottlenecked by the pc. Normally runs 600 mbps into the low 900s. I have never seen higher than that. I normally play wired in, not wifi.)

Also, deleted windows that came with the "packaged" pc and downloaded the latest verson from Windows. Less bloatware.. and changed a few settings to speed up memory and processes. 

We have multiple pcs better than this, however those are laptops normally used for school or office work. 

Thoughts?  It works great if we're just searching the internet or lower demanding games. Newer games, it works fine initially for a few maps or until ridiculous kill streaks start dropping on the map. 

Edited by Sikon

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Well a cheap test get a ssd. Hd yours is very slow. Then get a dedicated ethernet card. That should help you out. 

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422
  • Days Won:  0

Well, imho, the longest one should keep their current using daily PC is about 7 years.  :hi:  Bite the bullet, as long as you really do use your PC a lot, go shopping, buy a new one.  I know some folks talk about building their own, etc. but imho is it so so so much easier to buy a package deal like at Costco... as for keyboard, I get military grade keyboard... accidently spill a bottle of wine on my keyboard?   :wine:  No problem... Drop my keyboard off a heli oops, no problem.  :o   Oh, and it can glow kinda in dark makes it easy to find the keys at night/dark.  :zorro:

• Member ID:  27340
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

On 4/29/2022 at 6:10 AM, Labob said:

Well a cheap test get a ssd. Hd yours is very slow. Then get a dedicated ethernet card. That should help you out. 

I have two slots, and the graphics card takes up both of them. The card isn't meant for this computer, but I made it fit. Not realizing at the time that I wouldn't even get the full benefits of it. I seen SC pixels in my future and ran with it. I even cut out a 1/4x1/4 inch of fins with a dremel flat disk to make it fit due to the motherboard specs to make it fit.. figured fuck it, I bought it.... lets see!!! And it worked! Not realizing at the time that the card was pcie 16x and the slot of 8x. So, getting half of what i paid for essentially.. Maybe? :pardon:

On 4/29/2022 at 6:34 AM, Majbasil said:

Well, imho, the longest one should keep their current using daily PC is about 7 years.  :hi:  Bite the bullet, as long as you really do use your PC a lot, go shopping, buy a new one.  I know some folks talk about building their own, etc. but imho is it so so so much easier to buy a package deal like at Costco... as for keyboard, I get military grade keyboard... accidently spill a bottle of wine on my keyboard?   :wine:  No problem... Drop my keyboard off a heli oops, no problem.  :o   Oh, and it can glow kinda in dark makes it easy to find the keys at night/dark.  :zorro:

Yeah, your on point. I too think about building a pc from time to time and newer package PCs can be just as good with some research.  Then I find other hobbies and i'm like.. whatever. However, the main 'gaming' computer as it stands.. That doesnt involve any day to day stuff like work or school.. Does tend to get used daily. Where as my family is like, it turns on.. :pardon: I'm like.. but does it?? :whistle: Lol.. I'm no IT guy.. I never took the time to learn programing.. I've never been rich.. But, I grew up with as a 'nerd' so to say. So, I've always understood computers. Even if I haven't kept up with the latest tech. The generally consensus has always been the same. Hardware.. this fits here, that fits there. With programming and graphics forever evolving. But, i'm drunk right now and rambling... so yes!.. I spilled beer on my keyboard! You didn't need to call me out.. :lol: Stone IPA Delicious.. FTW.. :yahoo:

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Haha from what you said you out grew that pc 5 years ago. Time to move on. And you do not need a 5000.00 dollars pc to run games.