Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Do You Vape Or Use Ecig?

coolmd

• Member ID:  2384
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1058
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9389
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966
  • Device:  Android

HEY what are "cotton rounds"?

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

HEY what are "cotton rounds"?

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/skincare/best-sellers/organic-cotton-rounds-x-100.aspx

these Cool...man they soak up a ton of e-juice...just don't dry burn them....apparantly they light on fire..so test your coil before you slide a sliver of it in.

check this out lmao

Edited by JohnnyQuest

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

jonny jonny jonny...sorrry bro but i got ya beat (well, probably not.)... at least for material...i know im new but im a fast learner. Im not a dripper..i like the convenience of the bottom coil...love my protank and the cheapy tanks with a bottom feed and a 510 connection for my ZMAX. I am using Martha stewarts yarn...which is 65%cotton and 35% hemp. This stuff is about 7.00 dollars a roll on ebay...i got some strands from my local shop so when i need some more i will buy a whole roll..should last about half a lifetime. i am using 32 kanthal that i got for 5 dollars for 100 feet (grade a1)...delivered mind you from a place here in my state of alabama. When i can afford a mechanical, i will probably man-up and do the dripper...but for now i like my electrical mod. Simplicity seems to work.

as far as testing a coil...i just put it in and douse it like it works already to keep from burning it up. My ZMAX  has a setting to display ohms. My coils are coming out between 1.5 and 1.7...so i can rock my wattage up to about 9 with no coil taste...woot woot!!!!!!

Yeah i had the z-max v2 when i first started and some 1000mah twist ego's...after a while i bit the bullet and bought a regular size provari with green led's..then i got the z-atty pro after i had the vivi nova's rebuilding them myself ,,the ss mesh is crazy good with it and i like 28 gauge kanthal ..never a hot spot...but with my vanilla custards they kinda gunk up fast...so i got a igo-l dripper about three months ago and i use it to experiment with juices and coils ....but recently i started trying different wick materials and now i've finally found it..really cheap too..as well you can get cotton box candle wicks that are crazy good too as well as martha stewarts peaches and cream organic 100% cotton.. after i got the black provari it felt like vaping heaven and it still does after almost seven or eight months ...it is the cadilac of mods...use the drill bit method for your coils billy its a no brainer..then insert some cotton after you glow them..fill up and vape up...i can do it in three or five minutes with ease and i'm not so good in the close up seeing department..i like the fact that the zmax has vv as well as vw...the provari has the same features[as well as most of the bigger mods] except it doesn't have variable wattage..time for a vape of Grants..man o man .....so buttery good..he he vape on gang vape on.

My vapourizer is not for tobacco.

52221e6435d78_50ba950199dea_JD2.jpg

ah yes the arizer solo..nice rig my man nice rig..

Yeah i had the z-max v2 when i first started and some 1000mah twist ego's...after a while i bit the bullet and bought a regular size provari with green led's..then i got the z-atty pro after i had the vivi nova's rebuilding them myself ,,the ss mesh is crazy good with it and i like 28 gauge kanthal ..never a hot spot...but with my vanilla custards they kinda gunk up fast...so i got a igo-l dripper about three months ago and i use it to experiment with juices and coils ....but recently i started trying different wick materials and now i've finally found it..really cheap too..as well you can get cotton box candle wicks that are crazy good too as well as martha stewarts peaches and cream organic 100% cotton.. after i got the black provari it felt like vaping heaven and it still does after almost seven or eight months ...it is the cadilac of mods...use the drill bit method for your coils billy its a no brainer..then insert some cotton after you glow them..fill up and vape up...i can do it in three or five minutes with ease and i'm not so good in the close up seeing department..i like the fact that the zmax has vv as well as vw...the provari has the same features[as well as most of the bigger mods] except it doesn't have variable wattage..time for a vape of Grants..man o man .....so buttery good..he he vape on gang vape on.

its all the learning curve for me bro...but im just about obsessed with it all (pathetic..i know0 so as time goes i will definitely get up to speed. At present there are about 30 plus folks that have switched at the plant after seeing me with my rig....followers, but none of them know anything, nor are they adventurous enough to try and figure it out. Me on the other hand, i HAVE TO know whats happenening, what can i tweek, how do i improve, how do i DIY  to save some dough and so on and so on...you know the drill jonny...you look all kinds of ate up about THE VAPE!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!!!

its all the learning curve for me bro...but im just about obsessed with it all (pathetic..i know0 so as time goes i will definitely get up to speed. At present there are about 30 plus folks that have switched at the plant after seeing me with my rig....followers, but none of them know anything, nor are they adventurous enough to try and figure it out. Me on the other hand, i HAVE TO know whats happenening, what can i tweek, how do i improve, how do i DIY  to save some dough and so on and so on...you know the drill jonny...you look all kinds of ate up about THE VAPE!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Yeah its like computers ...you help them out once and they keep coming back...lol...i got a few switched over from cigs here too..not that many..but a few of my friends...and they are lame when it comes to tinkering ...one guy brings his vivi nova's and tabac bcc's here for rebuilding once a month..i wish he would bring one or two a week instead of eight or nine all at once...yeah they have to learn too but most of them would rather just get someone to do it or buy new ones...myself i like to monkey around with stuff and tinker with new ways of vaping...but this latest cotton rounds thing is bang on..and i am all about trying to save a buck...lol yeah right.

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

• Member ID:  2527
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1945
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16150
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/27/1981
  • Device:  Windows

Kinda just wondered if any of the good people of the XI use an ecig or vape and have quit smoking...I quit about 2 years ago and vape alot...In the UK ecigs are not really that big but from the internet i can see they are growing in popularity in the US....

Would like to swap tips ideas etc..get reviews even and generally talk about anything related.....

i am using the ecig now for day 6 and i have to say its awsome. 

it kinda taste like a real cig and thats good. u can start from like 24mg and finish it off to 0 in like a small time. 

i have been started with 18 mg and going to 12mg now. 

i have absluut no problems using it and not to touch a cig anymore. its my first time i am trying to stop smoking after 24 years of smoking. 

goodluck. 

ok JQ,

man, i found organic cotton in my bathroom lol, so i stole one from the wife, and wow

been testing it in my genesis, with a tiny slim ss mesh. so i roll the mesh in the cotton and build the coil on a thin screwdriver, put the coil in the genesis and then put the mesh in it.

one day now im on it and love it.

its like a mix between silica and ss mesh but with a much more pure taste.

i dunno, i love it.

and the vape is creamy, cloudy, wow i love it. and later i will try without any ss mesh. that could be fun.

tomorrow im gona try it in the kayfun and try  to find some bigger kanthal, to be able to make those micro coil everyone is talking about.

i tried to do this but my chrome wire doesnt allow this, it just dont stay in place together and dont form a micro coil.

i think i have some better kanthal for this method, not sure, but yea TY JQ

this thing is nice and dirt cheap. and it may even be easier to build.

Edited by ChknFngr

• Member ID:  19506
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  573

I vaped for a while, then came out in hives so stopped. It was driving me crazy. Intolerant to PG..

ok JQ,

man, i found organic cotton in my bathroom lol, so i stole one from the wife, and wow

been testing it in my genesis, with a tiny slim ss mesh. so i roll the mesh in the cotton and build the coil on a thin screwdriver, put the coil in the genesis and then put the mesh in it.

one day now im on it and love it.

its like a mix between silica and ss mesh but with a much more pure taste.

i dunno, i love it.

and the vape is creamy, cloudy, wow i love it. and later i will try without any ss mesh. that could be fun.

tomorrow im gona try it in the kayfun and try  to find some bigger kanthal, to be able to make those micro coil everyone is talking about.

i tried to do this but my chrome wire doesnt allow this, it just dont stay in place together and dont form a micro coil.

i think i have some better kanthal for this method, not sure, but yea TY JQ

this thing is nice and dirt cheap. and it may even be easier to build.

cheap is good Chkn...i think the flavour in my igo-l with cotton rounds for dripping anyways is bang on for taste with custards...i can't really use my z-atty pro for custards as i have to build new wicks every two or three days..they just get too gunked up..i was looking at getting a really good dripper now for at home use [i like the flavour with drippers so much]..i was looking at the Trident by Grand Vapor

http://www.vapoursolutions.com/TRIDENT-RBA-BY-GRAND-VAPOR_p_1399.html

quality built so it got my attention...sold...he he

I vaped for a while, then came out in hives so stopped. It was driving me crazy. Intolerant to PG..

try 100%vg with high nicotine..[if you are still a slave to cigs]...and only hit it when you are really craving a cig...then leave it somewhere untill the next big craving...myself i would try the 100%vg with about 28mg. nic. so i wouldn't be so iritatable with others when the withdrawls appeared,,watch for hives whilst doing the afore mentioned procedure...lol...vape on gang vape on

I tried vg too but hated the the taste, consistency, everything!

I might give it a try again as still a "slave".

My mate is mad for vaping, spent hundreds on modded stuff. One of his pipes goes to 6.7 volts and the hit you get from his homebrewed juice is crazy! . :lol:

Edited by r3m3DY

Kinda just wondered if any of the good people of the XI use an ecig or vape and have quit smoking...I quit about 2 years ago and vape alot...In the UK ecigs are not really that big but from the internet i can see they are growing in popularity in the US....

Would like to swap tips ideas etc..get reviews even and generally talk about anything related.....

i am using the ecig now for day 6 and i have to say its awsome. 

it kinda taste like a real cig and thats good. u can start from like 24mg and finish it off to 0 in like a small time. 

i have been started with 18 mg and going to 12mg now. 

i have absluut no problems using it and not to touch a cig anymore. its my first time i am trying to stop smoking after 24 years of smoking. 

goodluck. 

Dukoo my fine feathered brother very nice to see you have made the attempt to quit the thieving devil tobacco...especially for your new daughter...she will thank you later my bro....glad you did it Duk...just ask us anything you want my man..we're here to help..just remember as a good bud of mine told me from the start [Chkn a boo boo]...he he...you have to find the right juice..it took me about five months..now i'm addicted to custards..tobacco based vapes taste like ass to me now...and cigs ...well forget about it..i can't be in the same room as a bunch of cig smokers ..it drives me nuts.i know i know i sound like the pope of reformed smokers but i am proud of myself for quitting those fucking things they were killing me....keep up the good work Dukoo i know you will do it...

I applaud anyone who can beat smoking. I smoke rolls ups, smoking is a disgusting habit. :(

I tried vg too but hated the the taste, consistency, everything!

I might give it a try again as still a "slave".

My mate is mad for vaping, spent hundreds on modded stuff. One of his pipes goes to 6.7 volts and the hit you get from his homebrewed juice is crazy! . :lol:

i like 30 pg 70 vg for my Grants vanilla custard[amazing] with 24mg. nic..yeah i've spent quite a bit since starting vaping too..provari z=attypro every carto and clearo under the sun...the best purchase so far provari and z-atty pro..i love building wicks and stuff..and lately i've discovered 28 gauge kanthal and cotton rounds making micro coils and blowing out cumulous nimbus plumes on drippers...so i just bit the bullet once more and bought the trident two minutes ago...by mistake...i didn't mean it Chkn my mouse just clicked on it by accident ...lmao...can't wait to try it with some organic boiled cotton rounds wrapped on a 1.2 micro coil made out of 28g kanthal...turned up to 4.0 volts...craziness....pretty soon i should be making a legal vape 4000 myself....lol...i will report back when my trident arrives

Edited by JohnnyQuest

I applaud anyone who can beat smoking. I smoke rolls ups, smoking is a disgusting habit. :(

this is my tenth month,,,quit Nov. 28 2012 thanks to the fine brothers and sisters of this thread...Coolmd got my interest tweaked and i've never looked back,,,i've come quite far with purchasing different gimmicks and shitty chinese knockoffs and found that you get what you pay for...this latest purchase should be my last untill i run out of wicks and wires in the year 2034...lol...i've found the best vape i am going to ever get so i should be done buying shit now...lol [hopefully],,,and yeah remedy i was smoking two packs of winstons a day for fun...this has been a God send for me...but i tend to go over board with purchases sometimes.

nice johnny!!!!! me, iam almost 4 months and going strrong. Since i got the coil thing down, i have been encouraging a coupkle of friends to try and build bottom coils as well. its just too easy and cheap. we shall see whats next...i started vaping because of this thread as well...thanks for turning me into a different addict idiots!!!!!!!

1 year 8 months 10 days and 13 hours :)

and dont tell me im counting these, i got it automated and i do check these numbers like every 5 months or so

im proud to say tobacco is behind me, and everything is a lot better, and i mean everything !

lol

JQ i tested a simple cotton in the genesis and with a coil that is close to be a micro coil.

i like it a lot, great vapor, and it seems i can vape some juices that i've put aside earlier.

its a lot easier than rolling a ss mesh.

really a lot easier, u just have to roll a little coil, and put some cotton in the hole. period.

the only thing is that u have to tilt the mod so that the cotton gets liquid.

so simple, so cheap, and so effective.

• Member ID:  2527
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  1945
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16150
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/27/1981

2 days to go and i have been quit smoking for 14 days with the ecig. 

i am on 12 mg now, and going back to 6 if i finish this one. 

• Member ID:  809
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

well i am down to about a pack of analogs a week. even that reduction i can tell a difference in the way i feel

Just ordered the Trident by Grand Vapor..love dripping on to some 100% organic cotton with 28 gauge kanthal...you can make some nice micro coils with that shit ,i made one today 1.2 ohms and cranked it up to 4.0 volts on some cotton soaked in vanilla custard 18mg 100%vg. and man clouds like crazy...my friends laugh and say i got my own weather clouds..he he...can't wait for another quality product for my good jewelry collection...then i may even order the sentinel m16 to match the Trident...geez i can't stop buying this stuff i love it.....i might even rent myself out to bands as a fogging machine..lol

2 days to go and i have been quit smoking for 14 days with the ecig. 

i am on 12 mg now, and going back to 6 if i finish this one. 

don't diminish your nicotine too fast Dukoo...you might get a bit edgy if you have been a long time smoker like me...my one bud started out with 12 and went down to 6 ...went out west and came back three months later puffing on a cig again...so just up your nic. if you feel like a cig...i still use 24mg..sometimes still if i get angry or tense since i'm dripping now...a couple good clouds of 24mg. nic makes you really relaxed then you can change back within a few pulls back to your normal all day vape...i'm addicted to buying new stuff now..lol