Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Help: Need advice on my lawsuit against Walmart

Janey

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

but asking how u do after surgery is and does pertain to her case.....as her injury pertains to her having to have to surgery due to injury to her hands...and yes they will ask those kinds of questions...

anyways just answer questions HONESTLY!!! but DON'T!!! exaggerate...remember i have the experience with this trust me on this....i know been there done that it WORKS!!!!

Either way janey....just do what your attorney tells you to do in court like i said b4 if u got a very good attorney that knows what they are doing they will get you thru this ...GL to you at court....

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  3572
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7645
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/28/1975

i agree with cobra... been to lawschool and also have personal experience of it all...they will try to make you unworthy to trust but just be honest and answer wirhout hasitating and if you need time to think you can ask them to refrace the question due to you didnt understand it.

we all support you!!!!

Edited by RustyRifle

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

are you sueing walmart  it self or to get workmans comp i hope you are sueing walmart them selfs they are a greedy bunch of asshats adn dont give a damn about there employees if they fired you because you missed work for your injury at work sue them for every thing it is worth you pain and suffering they have caused you and your mental stress and all that goes along with it...... good luck janey get em

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

Pretty much what everyone has said about cloths but if you don't have "buisnessy cloths" that's ok. A few pointers for when picking them out. 

1. Collared Shirt that  doesn't show the boobies. Or if you don't have a suitable collared shirt pick a plain top and pair it with a button sweater/jacket/light coat.

2. Skirt or Pants must be below the knee. (or on the knee)

3. Minimal make up ( NO pink/blue eye shadows) GO for a natural look

4. Tie your hair back (if you know someone who can braid, that would look lovely) 

5. Make sure the cloths are clean and if needed, ironed.

6. In-closed shoes  (no sneakers/runners/what ever you call them lol)

7. Wear a bracelet that you can fiddle with to clam the nerves  :happy:

8. Lots of antiperspirant :lol: (I put a giggle there but I am serious)  

Best of Luck x0x0 I hope it all works out for you hun.

i agree and if you want braids i would have someone do it for you then expalin that you used to do and enjoyed it but know now you have to ask a freeind to do it for you becuase you cant .

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

after court  be sure to show plenty of cleavage here  in our forums and post some pics  as you unwind.i will support that too

• Member ID:  22348
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  242
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2010
  • Days Won:  0

Janey, I agree with everything that has been said. Prinny gave great advice on what to wear. Basically just look clean, simple and conservative. Overall you don't want them to even notice what you have one or what you look like. I will be praying for you and this situation. I have been in court a few times and it is extremely nerve-racking leading up to it. Once you get there you will see that it is not as bad as you thought it would be. I always worked myself up into panic attacks for weeks ahead of time only to find this did not help the situation at all. Get lots of sleep the night before and eat a good breakfast. You don't want to feel tired and hungry while you're there. 

Most importantly... I hope it goes well. Please let me know the time the trial starts so I can cover you in prayer. I will be praying for peace and comfort over you!

• Member ID:  15247
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  110

Hi Janey, sorry to here of all the troubles.

You recieved alot of good advice already but here is my 2 cents: first you may want to edit or remove your address from the text of the letter that you posted above, you never know who is watching and what they might try to do with it.

Prior to your testimony/deposition you may want to write down everything you remember (date, time, witnesses, etc) of what happened prior to your injury, and everything immediately after your injury. Try to meet with your attorney before hand. Meeting with them the same day as the testimony doesn't give you alot of time to reflect on the words used to describe the events. If they don't already have a detailed account of what occured give them a copy of your written events. It will help them with your case.

They may not be as dramatic as television but they will try to have you re-explain yourself to get you to say something contrary to the previous facts that you stated so they can harp on it and try to cause doubt on your interpretation of the events.

Also I'm not aware of the type of injury that you have but please go over your public records where you mention that you use your hands (like Linked-in). If comments are fairly recent, they will try to show that you are not in that much pain since you are able to play COD4, etc.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Member ID:  455
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1167

Best Of Luck Janey. Hang In There. You Lawyer Will Guide You Through This.

~T

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.16
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Just got this email from my lawyer:

May 29, 2013

Katharine Hollingsworth

2408 Houma Blvd., Apt. 206

Metairie, LA 70001

Our file: 1117.0; Katharine Hollingsworth

Dear Katharine:

Please be advised that your case is set for trial on Monday, September 9, 2013 at 9:00 A.M.  Please arrive at least one-half hour beforehand at the following location: Office of Workers' Compensation, 880 West Commerce Road, Suite 401, Harahan, LA 70123.

If you cannot attend on that date and time, please call me well in advance.

Be sure to notify us if you change your address or telephone number.

If necessary, I will call you to schedule an appointment to discuss your testimony.  Otherwise, I will discuss your testimony with you on the day of trial.

Ladies should wear modest dresses or pants and blouse.  Men should wear casual slacks and a shirt with a collar.  Never wear blue jeans or a tee shirt to court.

Yours truly,

John B. Fox

Good luck Janey.. you got some great advice here. 

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

Your attorney should be providing the guidance you are asking for and not a bunch of Idiots and guests like me.

I am curious however if you first approached Walmart about your injury before going to your own doctors? If you went out on your own before allowing Walmart to address any issue with a work related injury you may have already weakened your position.

In most work related injuries that I am familiar with the company MUST be given the first opportunity to address and deal with the issue. If you just go to your own physician first and care is administered without the employers input you may have severely weakened your case.

Only if you are unsatisfied with the company care offered should you then be seeking your own personal physicians.

May not sound fair but that is how it is in many states relative to workman's comp.

Good luck and be yourself, phony is easy to spot.

Edited by Shamu