Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Pushing the envelop!

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Have you ever been playing in a game and been shot by the same player at the same spot and yet had no clue where they shot you from? I have and this happened on Waw DM server this morning. I immediately went to spectate to see what was up. I find this guy roaming outside the normal map tho it was, according to our accepted rules of engagement, okay for him to be there. When I saw what he was upto I turned on xfire and began videotaping him. At first he was just messing around and climbing and standing on tall high places I could in no way climb up on. Okay so thats no big deal as lots of people can do that tho I can't. Then he proceeded to get out of the normal playing field and climbing up on tall buildings and killing players inside the normal map. To be sure the only reason he could get to where he was at was because of the ace mod in the DM server. I noticed for all his hard time consuming work to get there he probably only had about 5 actual kills. I have a list of players who play this way every time they come into a map. Rarely have I ever seen anyone of them win, so begs the question: WHY DO THEY DO THIS? I am serious why do they do this? Is this their gaming style or what other possible reason do they play in such a manner as to risk getting kicked or banned say some admin that may consider these locations on the maps out of the map or glitching? It really doesn't matter what you call it they always seem to push the envelop when they play. Do any of you remember a player who use to play on our servers named bENT? Well he was just that kind of player. I never ever saw a map we played together that he wasn't way up high on top of things the normal player could never get to. Yet somehow undetected he would end up there. I just don't understand why you would go into a busy fun server only to try and ruin it for others with  this mindset. First of all is it fair to everyone else you can get there when they can't? Or is it what the map maker really intended when he made the map? I believe in most cases the answer for both questions are NO! So again the question. WHY?

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

its there gaming style-that simple

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

since you knew were they are could you kill them.if you can not kill them then its glitching they need to be told get the fuck out of there pardon my french lol

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Some people like living dangerously I suppose.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

since you knew were they are could you kill them.if you can not kill them then its glitching they need to be told get the fuck out of there pardon my french lol

Yes they did get killed there once. There was also a conversation about this in the server at the time. You see the problem is there are so many maps that are made with these places to do exactly what he done and sometimes it seems there are more players out there than on the regular maps. I just wanted to bring this to light as I personally feel it is glitching but it has been my experience that even the admins as a whole cannot agree on whether it is or not. Now having said that that was not to throw then under the bus. I feel that they do a remarkable job and respect them a lot! I have heard that when a map such as this comes to the attention of someone higher up that they have all the admins vote whether it is a glitch or not. It would be nice if when this is done if these maps were listed on the website somewhere so the rest of us know whether to tell someone that >XI< considers them to be glitches. I know this is a insurmountable task and will never be done quickly under any circumstances. Damage Inc. at first I though it was a gaming style but then I thought how can it be a gaming style as the things they do to get out there is not how they play inside the map? Right? Just a few more thoughts! Thanks for your participation!

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8812
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Achievement Points:  62176
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

In the first place DM server is set up to be able to jump a little higher than normal. dead_dawn has jumped on shit since he's been coming to the servers. He knows better than to get in a glitch. Maybe  he's just trying to stay away from you so you can't knife him! LOL

I thought maybe ya got a job as a post man when I seen the title of your post.

Beers

• Member ID:  3174
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

best practice is to pm or xfire an admin to have a look at the player in question.  if someone is going OUTSIDE the normal map area, then i would personally consider it a glitch... but thats me.  Best to get an admin from that server to have a look.  let him/her decide.

• Member ID:  158
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Content Count:  755
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5755
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/11/1958

Dean. If you hit the x key and he is on the map its all good. If they are off the map let me know. Speaking for myself when I am in the hide mode I tend to go find places that are far off to snipe from. And it can seem like I am cheating and nowhere to be seen. But off the map is not good. Or in a true glitch is not good. A tough place to find is not a glitch if you can see them and kill them there. Going roofing is a good gaming style if you are good at it.