Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Anyone own a MagicJack... found a bad ass APP for my phone.

hxtr

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.16
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970
  • Device:  Windows

I got a magicjack last November and it has really come in handy. I have used it for my home phone ever since. I got a smartphone and did not like how much the plan was and hated a phone so big and I knew for sure I would end up braking it so I turned it off.

The phone still works great on WiFi. Last week I was looking for a free phone call app. I see this one and it was by magicjack. It asked if I had a magicjack and i put in all the info for that. It gave me the choice to have my original number or a new one. I tried both.. now using the new one. Went to Juju's phone installed the app and got her a number. Daughter installed it on her phone. They all work fine and at the same time. Only thing is I cant call my daughter or juju from magicjack number but that is not a problem. Works for everything else. 

As long as I have a wifi connection I can make calls. Great if you need to save minutes for day calls. Who the fuck makes phone calls after 9pm? What a joke.

I noticed one cool thing as well.... know how your phone gets hot and your ear gets hot after a bit of time on the phone.... on wifi it dont do that. Now I dont mind talking on it. :)

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Ya, I got the magicjack app for my tablet and it made it a phone too. I just do a data plan, no phone plan, but now can use tablet as phone. There are other apps that do similar. Pay as you go 2G plan is 30 bucks a month with verizon. I likes it.

• Member ID:  45
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9033
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65961
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

• Member ID:  158
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  755
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5755
  • Birthday:  09/11/1958

I don't use mj. I use obihai. No yearly cost. It runs through google voice. It is not portable though. The voice quality is bettet than mj. You can get an obihai for like 40.00 on amazon.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6528
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63435
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

With magicjack there are 2 different devices you can buy! I have both. One you must use with a pc of some kind and the other has a cpu in it. I have it plugged into my pc and with it the voice rarely fails. On the old one even with a good connection the voice failed regularly. I am happy with it but don't have a portable device now. Someday soon I want to get a small netbook and use it for portable service. Good post HXTR!

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Content Count:  2342
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  24118
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957

I have an android tablet. It is a Google Nexus 7 wifi only. I use the APP Groveip Lite. Groveip Lite uses the Gmail voice to call anywhere in North America for free. The only thing is you have to install Gmail and Gmail voice on a pc and then Gip lite utilizes the Gmail to make phone call. I make all my long distance calls on my Nexus7. Only problem is I need to use a headset as people hear an echo from their voice is I am on speakers.

With magicjack there are 2 different devices you can buy! I have both. One you must use with a pc of some kind and the other has a cpu in it. I have it plugged into my pc and with it the voice rarely fails. On the old one even with a good connection the voice failed regularly. I am happy with it but don't have a portable device now. Someday soon I want to get a small netbook and use it for portable service. Good post HXTR!

I want the one the one that hooks direct to the router. When this one runs out I may get one. 

Well, for my smartphone I use groove ip and another app called auto air. Auto air turns off the cell part and forces the phone to use wifi when available. The weird part is that my phone number is actually a google voice number. I ported my cell phone to them. Then you forward your calls to your actual cell number. That way if you change carriers you just forward to a different number. Then you use google voice to  mask your outbound number so that the person you call sees your google voice number on the caller id. I know you the law allows you to port your number but piss on that. A few mouse clicks and its done. It also allows you to forward to a land line if you decide you don't want a cell for a while. You just forward your google number to your land line. Or in my case my obihai number, which is another google voice number. Anyway it is pretty slick. One more thing is that if you use google for your voice mail you can have it forward your voice mails in a text or email to you. That way you can if you want not even listed to the voicemail, it transcribes it for you. That is not perfect, but it kind of nice. Lots of options for things you can do these days. For my smartphone service I use Ting and if you are in wifi all day you can park your cell number there for 6.00 a month! then use wifi for free calls. I quit the high dollar cell folks long ago. Anyway if you check out Ting and decide you like it you can get a 25.00 refer credit from me if I set up with you. Another good deal.

Hxtr, the obi hooks to the router, the computer does not need to be on. It also has no yearly cost. 

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

ive had it for 3yrs .biggest complaint is a 3sec delay when aswering the phone otherwise it a no brainer.30 dollars for the whole year vs 100 bucks a month.da

the computor its on is on 24/7 also another downside.

if your a gamer and you get a phone call on pc a window opens and asks you if you wanna answer the call-most annoying thing whne your playing but**i found a free appp to make majic jack a regular background service*

MagicJack Service Creator v1.8

here          http://99.66.49.159:8080/evanvaughan_com/magicjack.aspx

it works great.once in a while go back in and reinstall it normal with this same program  for updates then put back into background after updates..

send a link for that app haxtr/ty bud /great info

ive had it for 3yrs .biggest complaint is a 3sec delay when aswering the phone otherwise it a no brainer.30 dollars for the whole year vs 100 bucks a month.da

if your a gamer and you get a phone call on pc a window opens and asks you if you wanna answer the call-most annoying thing whne your playing but**i found a free appp to make majic jack a regular background service*

it works great.once in a while go back in and reinstall it normal with this same program  for updates then put back into background after updates..

My next one when this run out in November I will get the one that hooks direct to the router. I have to lave my laptop on but I used it for other things so don't mind it running 24/7. But I will try that service mod. That will be cool not to see that damn box that just has to be on top and the clicking noise when the AD changes. lol

send a link for that app haxtr/ty bud /great info

I will test some of these other ones as well as suggested above. I want options. lol

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=magicjack%20free%20calls%20and%20text&c=apps

and the magicjack app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magicjack

Used it for 2 hours today talking to Dell tech. What a wonderful thing. 

My next one when this run out in November I will get the one that hooks direct to the router. I have to lave my laptop on but I used it for other things so don't mind it running 24/7. But I will try that service mod. That will be cool not to see that damn box that just has to be on top and the clicking noise when the AD changes. lol

>>send a link for that app haxtr/ty bud /great info

I will test some of these other ones as well as suggested above. I want options. lol

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=magicjack%20free%20calls%20and%20text&c=apps

and the magicjack app

the one thing the app does that you cant control is it lowers your volume from 100 percent to like 75 percent when you put mj in background .havents figured that out yets but its worth it  to not get the most annoying popups

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9033
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65961
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

Yea I have both , The one that goes into the computer and the other one thats plugs into the router

>>>send a link for that app haxtr/ty bud /great info

lockquote>

and the magicjack app

the one thing the app does that you cant control is it lowers your volume from 100 percent to like 75 percent when you put mj in background .havents figured that out yets but its worth it  to not get the most annoying popups

Thats why it is doing that.... I noticed that the other day. 

I installed MJ as a service. Works great.... now I wont have to mute the speakers because of the damn clicking sound it does like every 10 seconds. Annoying.. lol

Thanks for the tip..