Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Cod2 Dm Server At Night...

Joe Canadian

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11878
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106465
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  Windows

I could try putting the map vote at the end of the maps and see how it goes. your thoughts?

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I think that's a good idea as long as people only get one vote. Otherwise people who dislike a particular map will vote multiple times and skew the results.

The Wild West map needs to go from the TDM rotation. That one is without a doubt a crowd killer because it requires the deletion of at least 5 iwd files to play it, and then you have to add them back in to play the rest of the maps.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I could try putting the map vote at the end of the maps and see how it goes. your thoughts?

Thats a great idea Rugger, please do.

• Member ID:  2560
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956

Just wanted to let the adms know that big maps like dead star and others are making players leave the server as early as 9:40PM pacific. I understand some people like these maps, which is perfectly fine and fair. However the problem is that they are all gone by the time the people on the West Coast get on the server. For example its excruciatingly boring and time consuming for the Glove and myself, to chase each other on Summer Valley, even after setting up "small battle areas". It takes forever to get to these "battle points" after spawning. Teleportation or ATVs are not an option in COD2. Thanks!

Valley Summer and Death Star are without a doubt the most boring and useless maps EVER!

I was on the server last night (Saturday) from 8:30pm to 1:30am (PST). Not one person showed up. I ended up playing COD5 instead.

Isn't it about time for a new set of maps on the DM server?

I stil think the vote is a good idea, but I was on last night as well up until 8:PM and we had at least a dozen people playing including Valley Summer and Death Star which had no spectators during the games.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14888
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Achievement Points:  91105
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Have to bring back cheesy... That was a fav...

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2005
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12796
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

I think that's a good idea as long as people only get one vote. Otherwise people who dislike a particular map will vote multiple times and skew the results.

The Wild West map needs to go from the TDM rotation. That one is without a doubt a crowd killer because it requires the deletion of at least 5 iwd files to play it, and then you have to add them back in to play the rest of the maps.

That map conflicts with the DM server. The map (Wild West) is a good map, but LOM is correct it is a crowd killer when it comes on in the TDM server. If peeps play both servers like some of us do every day you will have to remove files when Wild west comes on the TDM server. I only have to remove 2 files when that comes on and they are 0.iwd and 4.iwd but is a pain in the ass. It is a crowd killer. As to the vote I would agree that you should only get one vote period. And Yea the map cheesy is a good one.

Agreed Window. I watched it happen today. We had about 10 people playing and the wild west map came up. I errored out and checked HLSW and everybody left but 3 people. That map needs to go.

Where are all my late night COD compadres? Joe, Spanky, Bart, Paperman? 9:30pm (PST) on a Sunday night and not one player. I play earlier sometimes but I grow tired of the camping, whining and being called a cheater in so many ways. Just for the record, I don't consider Pete (or whatever his name is this week) a camper. IMO a camper is someone who sits in one place, waits for regular players to run by and shoots them. Usually from a higher vantage point. To me, it should not be part of the game but I have to tolerate and learn to have fun regardless. I must say that I have been having fun in the COD5 servers lately, but there still isn't anything like our COD2 DM server!

I stil think the vote is a good idea, but I was on last night as well up until 8:PM and we had at least a dozen people playing including Valley Summer and Death Star which had no spectators during the games.

The vote is the way to go LOM, but you still don't get that Valley Summer and Death Star might be OK with 12 players but horrible for 2 or even 3 people Other XI, besides the Glove and I, leave the server when we get these maps, ask Hoth if you don't believe me.

Joe

Just wanted to let the adms know that big maps like dead star and others are making players leave the server as early as 9:40PM pacific. I understand some people like these maps, which is perfectly fine and fair. However the problem is that they are all gone by the time the people on the West Coast get on the server. For example its excruciatingly boring and time consuming for the Glove and myself, to chase each other on Summer Valley, even after setting up "small battle areas". It takes forever to get to these "battle points" after spawning. Teleportation or ATVs are not an option in COD2. Thanks!

Valley Summer and Death Star are without a doubt the most boring and useless maps EVER!

I was on the server last night (Saturday) from 8:30pm to 1:30am (PST). Not one person showed up. I ended up playing COD5 instead.

Isn't it about time for a new set of maps on the DM server?

That's pretty bad for a Saturday and shows that something is not quite right...

Where are all my late night COD compadres? Joe, Spanky, Bart, Paperman? 9:30pm (PST) on a Sunday night and not one player. I play earlier sometimes but I grow tired of the camping, whining and being called a cheater in so many ways. Just for the record, I don't consider Pete (or whatever his name is this week) a camper. IMO a camper is someone who sits in one place, waits for regular players to run by and shoots them. Usually from a higher vantage point. To me, it should not be part of the game but I have to tolerate and learn to have fun regardless. I must say that I have been having fun in the COD5 servers lately, but there still isn't anything like our COD2 DM server!

I (finally) finished moving and painting both, the new and old houses tonight Glove. Work has been pretty busy as well, which is great for my wallet but reduces my gaming time at night. I have been playing COD4 Ace and COD5. Have no other choice since my favourite server has been empty for a long time....

I (finally) finished moving and painting both, the new and old houses tonight Glove. Work has been pretty busy as well, which is great for my wallet but reduces my gaming time at night. I have been playing COD4 Ace and COD5. Have no other choice since my favourite server has been empty for a long time....

I hear ya Joe, maybe I'll see you next weekend. Good luck at work and with the move, painting, ect.

The vote is the way to go LOM, but you still don't get that Valley Summer and Death Star might be OK with 12 players but horrible for 2 or even 3 people Other XI, besides the Glove and I, leave the server when we get these maps, ask Hoth if you don't believe me.

Joe

Joe, With all due respect, yes I get it. There are 2 to 3 people that don't like a couple maps, and a majority of people who do like them. Rugger tries to be diplomatic and do what the majority of members want which is why he suggested taking a vote.

There are many maps that I and others don't particularly like but I don't see people posting on the boards to have them removed. We all have favorites and maps we don't like or do well on. When a map comes up I don't like I take a 20 minute break and do something else, I don't come here and try to get the boss to remove it. If nobody played those maps it would be different, but we have what appears to be a majority of players who like them. Why should the majority of people give something up because a minority doesn't like it?

Joe

Joe, With all due respect, yes I get it. There are 2 to 3 people that don't like a couple maps, and a majority of people who do like them. Rugger tries to be diplomatic and do what the majority of members want which is why he suggested taking a vote.

There are many maps that I and others don't particularly like but I don't see people posting on the boards to have them removed. We all have favorites and maps we don't like or do well on. When a map comes up I don't like I take a 20 minute break and do something else, I don't come here and try to get the boss to remove it. If nobody played those maps it would be different, but we have what appears to be a majority of players who like them. Why should the majority of people give something up because a minority doesn't like it?

LOM, what I mean by a "vote" is not having a poll do determine whether a particular map stays or goes, is just having the option at the beginning of each map to "vote" and skip it to the following map on the rotation. This is possible on COD4, we don't need to vote, just start the map and go into spectator mode for 20 seconds I believe, then we get a new map, the next map on the rotation. No offence, but I am not trying to get anyone to remove any map. I have already made this point several times but you keep misunderstanding me... We don't have 20 minutes at 11:45PM to go and do something else, we just leave, that's why the server is empty.

Cheers

Sorry Joe, no I didn't understand that from what you were saying. Not sure if voting before the map starts is even possible. That sounds like some major programming changes, but would be a cool choice if it can be done.

The problem with our little corner of the world is that we're the last ones up. When it's 11:45 PM here it's the middle of the night or very early morning eveywhere else. Other than learning to play at different times or the day I'm not sure what else you can do about it. You guys must also realize that we have two other servers people are on while you're waiting for players in DM. I was in TDM late yesterday afternoon with about 6 people and noticed Glove in DM by himself. We even had a nice game going for a while in the new CTF/HQ server that was a nice change of pace.

Joe

LOM, what I mean by a "vote" is not having a poll do determine whether a particular map stays or goes, is just having the option at the beginning of each map to "vote" and skip it to the following map on the rotation. This is possible on COD4, we don't need to vote, just start the map and go into spectator mode for 20 seconds I believe, then we get a new map, the next map on the rotation. No offence, but I am not trying to get anyone to remove any map. I have already made this point several times but you keep misunderstanding me... We don't have 20 minutes at 11:45PM to go and do something else, we just leave, that's why the server is empty.

Cheers

Well said Joe!

I don't think it's just 2 or 3 players that don't like Valley Summer and Death Star.

I'll mess around with the vote thing when I get home tonight and see what I can do.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14888
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Achievement Points:  91105
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Ok guys, there isn't an unlimited amount of maps out there for COD2. Every few months we mix the rotation. Adding new maps, returning old ones, trying something new at times. If one or two maps are not your cup of tea out of 20 to 25, that's pretty good odds. That's not taking into account to the campers who enjoy those maps.

Be patient guys, I understand your frustration. Hopefully Rugger will see if the voting setting will work..

Oh... And go fuck a goat!!!! Lol. ( That's for u Steve).... Hahahaha

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

I for one have not been around much lately as I have been having some health issues...Also when I'm feeling up to it I have been Deer hunting...As far as the rotation goes it is getting about time to redo it...The problem is Dawgy is our map man and he has been working alot and hasn't had time to put together a new rotation...As has been said the current rotation has a pretty good mix for different styles...I understand the late night frustration but hang tight Rugger is tring to sort out the voting and hopefully that will address everyones concerns... :) :)

Awards

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2005
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12796
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

I know for the players that are on late at night it can be frustrating. When there is only a few people in, and a map comes on and those players don't care for the map it can be a problem. Joe, Thanks for your concern. Lets see what can be done.

Window

I know how to do it now, it will take a little bit to get the maps put into the mod. I will get this done ASAP

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

Thanks Boss... :) :)

Awards

Sorry Joe, no I didn't understand that from what you were saying. Not sure if voting before the map starts is even possible. That sounds like some major programming changes, but would be a cool choice if it can be done.

The problem with our little corner of the world is that we're the last ones up. When it's 11:45 PM here it's the middle of the night or very early morning eveywhere else. Other than learning to play at different times or the day I'm not sure what else you can do about it. You guys must also realize that we have two other servers people are on while you're waiting for players in DM. I was in TDM late yesterday afternoon with about 6 people and noticed Glove in DM by himself. We even had a nice game going for a while in the new CTF/HQ server that was a nice change of pace.

Sorry, what I meant to say was 21:45, which is 9:45 PST, not 11:45. We were playing just fine tonight, got the Death Star map at 22:45 and everybody left, Mike, Sinbad and myself.

I know how to do it now, it will take a little bit to get the maps put into the mod. I will get this done ASAP

Thanks Rugger!!