Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Need Admin Over At Modern Weapons Server. Asap

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

I tried xfire and it messes with my pc.  Gave up on it.  Plus I like keeping my pc lean and mean :)   I may try xfire again if a newer version has come out and I can verify its safety.  Team speak is another that I question.  Paranoid, maybe, but to many of these little programs are gateways for hackers. 

hmmm interesting thought having xfire and teamspeak was a requirement of membership just saying

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

Seems xfire is a hacker portal too.  Research the number of people hacked through xfire.  Im not gonna try it, hey mikey you try it, im not gonna try it.  Sorry just couldnt resist.  But seriously people get hacked through xfire and teamspeak.  Not worth the risk to me.  If xfire is a requirement ( as blackcat stated) to be a member, then I would retire my tags.

Give up tags over Xfire?..Maybe you should had thought of that when filling app no?..You DON'T need to run xfire while you game..But..How are you going to get a hold of an Admin if you think some one is cheating?..Making a post is NOT quick enough sometimes..I just get that taste in my mouth when people say stupid #@@$@ like this..Lame excuse to drop tags m8....I have run Xfire for almost 5 years now while gaming and Ts..NEVER an issue..

Edited by UnChileno

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Seems xfire is a hacker portal too.  Research the number of people hacked through xfire.  Im not gonna try it, hey mikey you try it, im not gonna try it.  Sorry just couldnt resist.  But seriously people get hacked through xfire and teamspeak.  Not worth the risk to me.  If xfire is a requirement ( as blackcat stated) to be a member, then I would retire my tags.

Xfire is a requirement for all members and all future members, always has been for as long as i can remember, as for people been hacked through Xfire, i can't recall one XI  member ever posting to that happening....paranoid yes i should say so.

• Member ID:  82
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

How does someone just holding down the speak key and not talking stop others from speaking? unless they have something going on in the background then i don't understand it.

• Member ID:  96
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1047
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8796
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62083
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

I got an idea, how about dump this post. It ain't worth the time we are putting in it. Don't follow the rules, then don't bitch.

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083

I give up.  People dont read very well.  The kid was hitting the mic key and said nothing  and when others tried to talk you couldnt here them well.  7toes was there and knows what was going on.  As far as Xfire goes when I sighned up many years ago it was not a requirement.  I guess I need to resign my tags !!!

• Member ID:  96
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1047
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8796
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62083
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

I give up.  People dont read very well.  The kid was hitting the mic key and said nothing  and when others tried to talk you couldnt here them well.  7toes was there and knows what was going on.  As far as Xfire goes when I sighned up many years ago it was not a requirement.  I guess I need to resign my tags !!!

You might be right it wasn't called team speak but it was some program that we could talk to each other. Forgot the name. LOL

1)... Need to be registered on the site with a username and password for 3 months

2)... Need to have made a minimum of 20 posts on the site (including an introduction post about yourself)

3)... Need to use Mic in game

4)... Need to have Teamspeak 3 setup + Xfire

5)... 18 years of age

6)... Game name and website name must match

7)... Need at least 100 hours of gaming time on our servers (you can

check this through gametracker, if you need help find an admin)

8)... You must make an introduction post telling us about yourself.

9)... Your GUID number must be clean on the PBBANS list. PBBANS.com

10). You must not be in another clan and must have left any previous clans 3+ months before applying.

Edited by 2_MANY_BEERS

• Member ID:  14
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

MikeB,

Please update your Clan Member profile to show your xfire account.

Thank you

YellowSnow>XI<ADM

I tried Xfire, but due to it messing with my pc  I dumped it.  That was several years ago.  I will not install it again.  If its a problem, then will a senior admin pm and tell me to install it or drop my tags.  Im not trying to be a prick here, all I was doing was trying to get some help with a problem guest.  And now this thread is turned against me ??????    But if Im told to install a program that fucks with my pc, then I will drop my tags.  I just cant believe me trying to get help has turned into a big issue.  Or is this a personal issue ?????    :)

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

I will pass this on to a senior. Thank you.

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Technically, xfire is required for new members. Mikeb has been around so long, there were few requirements when he joined. However, it is true that all members should have xfire and TS3 installed an know how to use it.

I think it's a bit petty to suggest you would give up your tags before you would attempt to use xfire again, even though it has been years since you tried to use it. I don't need to PM you, I can tell you here; I would like for you to download, install, and run xfire and see if you can use it. If you have issues, please contact an admin (feel free to contact me) and we can help you change some settings that may make it run much better. You are not required to run it while you are gaming, particularly if it messes with your gaming such as causes lag etc. However, it is very useful to contact admins and the like when there are issues in servers. As others have said, forum posts are NOT the preferred or even reasonable method for contacting admin about server problems that need immediate attention. XI has used xfire as our official in-game communication tool for quite some time now.

As for your hesitation for using xfire or TS because it is a portal for hackers.. I don't now a single person who has had issues with hacking due to using xfire or TS. I cannot say that it does not happen, it just seems quite unlikely to me that it does and I've never heard of it happening.

Please don't take this as an attack against you MikeB. You've been around here a long time, and you are a valued member of XI. I just think a little willingness to work together and get this sorted would be reasonable. It's your call dude.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I truly hope we don't end up losing Mike as a member over xfire or something like that. I have played COD2, COD4 and COD5 with Mickey for over two years and he is one of the nicest, most genuine people I've met here... just my two cents, we have been losing some valuable people lately...

I appreciate your response Bama.  Its the only one that isnt negative and or off base.  I do have teamspeak and it runs fine with zero issues.  I dont use it much because I dont play many games that require it.  But concerning xfire.  It caused major issues with my pc and once uninstalled the issues went away.   This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.  Me and other players just wanted someone to help with some dipshit and this whole mess crops up.  But I stand behind my decision not to use xfire.  I appreciate your offer to help with it, but for pc issues and security issues Im not going to use xfire.  If an admin can be reached via TS then are delima is solved, I can use it and not post on the forum.  Or better yet tell the other players to contact someone for help with assholes.   If you admins feel that is not good enough, then so be it.  I will still donate and play on the servers but just not with tags :)  .    Thanks again for the great reply.

I truly hope we don't end up losing Mike as a member over xfire or something like that. I have played COD2, COD4 and COD5 with Mickey for over two years and he is one of the nicest, most genuine people I've met here... just my two cents, we have been losing some valuable people lately...

Thanks Joe.  I will still play and donate when I can.  Its all good either way.  :)

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

xfire has come long ways...i would like think mayb it casued issues back when u first tried it...but i would like to think it works well with pc now...i mean i nver seen or heard of others complaining bout xfire causin issue with pc now.i m sure if it was causin issue or does if u try again im sure it will be just some setting mab little off....just think u should try again that all...if it causes an issue if u do then all u have to do is uninstall it again...just sayin not attackin u...its the fastest and easy way to communicate to admins when a problem arises that needs immediate attention as bama stated..is all we are saying...

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6490
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63167
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

We have his info in Admin forum. A temp ban to get his attention?

I know another way to get his attention too Harry. It worked on lindsman. LOL :hrhr:

Oh and I changed that message now to "anyone"

you are right beers it did work on Lindsman... i was in the server yesterday again under alias while he was on and he hardly said anything :P  was nice change :)  Great idea... i think we should temp target other unruly players with the same sort of message... love that idea!

Lindsman waits until I get in cause he knows I've got his back, though I won't turn my back to him... :w00t:

Hey Harry you cheating on me now huh? You aint spose to touch any bitches back or anything for that matter. It sound :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:  like you need a good bitch slapping or somptin else I'ze lookin fur your dammed arse. Bitch!