Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

[APPEAL] Banned on map POW Camp

• Member ID:  7402
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  154
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/1993

This user has created an appeal with the following information.

Sent by: inyoface
Sent on: 29 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Game server: COD4 MW2 Beta
In-game name: Enzo

Appeal details: Tonight I could not sleep so I decided to play some late night Call of Duty 4 since the server was still busy. I got on the server under the alias "Enzo" as I'm tired of people hating on me when I use my usual alias "inyoface". The reason I was using a different name is because I have the eavesdrop perk, I hear everyone trash talking when I kill them. Nearly everyone accuses me of hacking. I'm getting tired of it so I've been using random names lately. Anyway...

While playing on the map POW Camp I was banned. The version of the map POWCAMP that is currently on the server (as of this posting) has teleporters and tunnels. I was shown these a while back by other players on your server. There are plenty of maps in the rotations that use secret tunnels and teleporters and everyone uses them. Nobody cares. This map has teleporters and tunnels. So I use them. Just like all the other maps. Yes, this one teleports you into a building but you are able to die there, and I have several times. Also, there were plenty of people that were outside the map. People jump over the fences and run around in the trees sniping. That is more of a glitch than a teleporter.

The last time this map was in the rotation this similar situation happened. Know what happened then? They switched to the version of the map that didn't have the secret spots in it. That seems like the best option rather than banning of your loyal players.

The admin that banned came into the server under an alias, PrinceRacer (Cobrabites)? They, and many others, told me that glitching is not allowed and ban-able. I obviously knew this but since I was under a different name, even though I was maxed prestige still, they assumed I did not which is fair enough. However, when they told me they thought that house was a glitch, even though I disagreed, I did not use that spot anymore. I only returned in the last round when the admin asked me to go there to determine if it was in fact a glitch. I could not see what exactly was being said because so many people were typing at once but he did say that it was a glitch. While the next map was getting ready to load, I was permanently banned.

Despite how much a lot of you hate me. I'm just like you in a lot of ways. I play COD4 in my free time because I enjoy it. We all get mad at each other at times and although I'm not the one to get mad, I guess tonight was my night.You all know that I don't need to use glitches to be able to kill or win. I've played COD for almost 10 years now and I'm just very good at the game. I have really enjoyed playing on this server as its the only server I play on. It sucks that I had to get banned for something like this and I apologize for how I acted but I hope you would consider unbanning me.

Thanks,
- Luke (inyoface)

Edited by inyoface

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Ok thank you for your appeal, think  Cobrabites was the banning Admin, please be patient  he has logged off for the day and gone to bed but he should be back in the next 6-8 hours. 

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  102
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1776
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  10986
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1969

If CB banned someone it's for a good reason like not listening/ I have never known him as an ADM that bans a lot.

I can't speak for every player/member but we call everyone a hack who is harder to kill then others, a lot of it is in fun. I have been in the server many times and see you playing & find it a challenge @ times to freeze you, but it can be done :)

Not sure  of the full circumstance but hope it gets all worked out.

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Inyoface,  this ban has now been lifted.  As you can imagine, this was a complicated issue. The spot appears to be a glitch by our standards, yet you can portal into it. We will be most likely removing that map, due to the confusion. I'm sure the banning admin will have more to say about this (and I have spoken with Cobra on this and he agreed to lifting the ban). Thanks for your patience.. and a bit of advice.. PLEASE pay attention to what members tell you during gameplay. If a member or admin tell you something, even if you think they are wrong, you need to listen to them and bring any conflicts that you disagree with back to these forums to be worked out.

Thanks

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

yea what he said lol....but yea and also please when they tell u something even tho u feel it is wrong just do what is being askd of u and try to refrain from arguing with ppl over as it just creates more issues than is necessary...dont worry i havent see or heard of any admins that are lookn to our rt ban u...so just relax and just play ur game us admins will deal with the rest...if u have this issue again just bring to the forums for discussions and always feel free to bring to an admin attention to deal with..so please just take this as warning that we dont tolerate map glitching...or arguing in game..but dont take this as im calling this a glitch 100per as we still goin to discuss this map and review whether or not it is truly a glitch or not...thanx cya on servers and sorry for any inconviences this has caused you...also us admins use xfire so feel free to download this in game chat program and add us admins to help u out better when these situations ever come round again...just as an fyi...

black cat said video file got deleted she dont have it anylonger...

• Member ID:  122
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964

I didn't say it got deleted, I couldn't post it to the link you sent to me, it is however posted in the admin section cobra.

ooops my bad i mis understood ur pm then lol...i still feeling effects of goin to bed late over this lol...

• Member ID:  122
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964