Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Insurgency Request

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

I don't know how much control we have over these servers at the moment and i know these servers are still in their infancy, so this request might be a bit premature, for example can we make the PVP server into a custom server because there is a shit load of new maps in the Steam workshop that we can't play because they are only enabled on custom servers, i don't know what that will mean to how it will attract people to the server ie will our server be visible to non XI members if it is custom, also in the Co-op server can we make it even between night maps and day maps, at the moment it seems to be about Eighty-Twenty in favour of night maps, every day you join it always seems to be playing a night map and then when it finishes the vote selection either gives you 5 night maps and 1 day map or at best 4 night maps and 2 day maps this is even after we refresh it many times, i do like the night maps too but everyone's eyes ain't great who plays with us and a few of us struggle sometimes...Thank You.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

Don't forget that there's a "refresh" button on the voting screen that will flush those choices out for new ones. If you don't like the given choices just vote for a refresh.  :rolleyes:

As for new maps... I for one am all for adding some custom maps. I'm not a fan of half-baked maps but if it plays well and looks halfway decent I'm all for trying it out!

It will take time to get it setup correctly but you can help by testing new maps on your own and finding maps we can use. I know there are a lot out there and not all of them are worth looking at but you are welcome to help hunt them down!

Don't forget that there's a "refresh" button on the voting screen that will flush those choices out for new ones. If you don't like the given choices just vote for a refresh.  :rolleyes:

As for new maps... I for one am all for adding some custom maps. I'm not a fan of half-baked maps but if it plays well and looks halfway decent I'm all for trying it out!

It will take time to get it setup correctly but you can help by testing new maps on your own and finding maps we can use. I know there are a lot out there and not all of them are worth looking at but you are welcome to help hunt them down!

I did say even after we refresh it.........."when it finishes the vote selection either gives you 5 night maps and 1 day map or at best 4 night maps and 2 day maps this is even after we refresh it many times", you are not reading my post Eidolon, i said there are a shit load of maps already in the Steam Workshop, this works the same as it does for other games like Red Orchestra/Rising Storm, you go into the workshop tick the appropriate tab ie maps for certain game modes etc, you then tick a "subscribe button" i have subscribed to many maps in Red Orchestra/Rising Storm this way and now also subscribed to many maps for Insurgency too, they only download and install to your PC when you are on a server that has those maps running and it is actually playing a map you have subscribed to, so how you "test" them i really have no idea, if you go into the workshop and click on a picture of one of these maps you may get a video of the map or maybe a lot of still pictures of the said map, underneath this, will be comments from the map maker and comments from players who have used or are using the said map and if anyone has had any problems with the map it will be posted and taken care of.

Edited by Sonovabich

I know there is a tab in the game that says "Custom" but as of this moment i have not seen any custom servers in the main server browser..wow there are a lot of servers for this game, if anyone knows how to find "Custom" servers let me know and i will go on and see what maps they are running.

Ok after a bit of searching i found a couple of custom servers one wouldn't let me in so i could not get the map which was called "Amber Spirits" the second one which i am on now has a map called "Fortress" it looks like a really beautiful map i am on Co-op and killed my first lot of Bots, i can see the marker for the cache i need to get to i just can't find a way of getting to it at the moment, if i discover the path through this it looks like a map worth having.

We found these maps on a custom server today which were pretty good, all these maps might have _v1 behind them but i can't remember

1) Fortress

2) Winter Rescue_v1

3 ) Hijacked_v1

4) Badel_v1   

Edited by Sonovabich

I am well aware of how the steam workshop works.  ;)

We won't be doing custom maps on the tactical server for a little while because if we make the server a custom server it won't fill up with players. People are only finding it now because they're using the matchmaking menu and automatically connecting because we are a stock server.

Before we can go off the beaten trail with custom maps, we need to have a regular player base big enough to keep the server populated.

Aside from panj and sinjar (which are just poorly designed maps), I'm actually still getting tons of play-ability out of the stock maps. There's always a new line to learn and optimize.

Well put some custom maps on the Co-op server then, this is what you said in an earlier post today, we went and looked for custom servers and custom maps because of this.

Edited by Sonovabich

Well put some custom maps on the Co-op server then, this is what you said in an earlier post today, we went and looked for custom servers and custom maps because of this.

Great! Nice job on finding the maps. That is definitely helpful.

I'll see what I can do about getting custom maps in the co-op server. It's going to take time though. Tactical server has priority atm and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it this weekend.

Please be patient. I only got access to the server files yesterday and there's a lot of work to be done.

• Member ID:  800
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6946
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58230
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957
  • Device:  Android