Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

WTF maybe soon who knows I've heard this before :)

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8270
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53653
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

http://kos.net/lte-update/

Home  News  Wireless/LTE Update
Wireless/LTE Update
Posted on May 17, 2016

Our wireless services based on Long-Term Evolution (LTE) technology are now within a few weeks of operation. Almost all of our rural wireless customers with WiMax service have received a (free!) upgrade to LTE-capable radios, and will soon be upgraded to LTE technology automatically from the KOS technicians, as we move selected towers one-by-one to LTE from the existing WiMax technology. Some towers have already completed this process.

A short time after the LTE upgrade is completed, KOS will be providing information on new wireless speed and capacity plans available on our first phase of LTE coverage. These plans and capacities will change as KOS updates to higher-bitrate versions of LTE over time.

After this phase is completed, KOS will then embark on upgrading its more difficult-to-reach wireless customers, using our legacy 900Mhz radios, to a newer technology which is capable of up to 20 times the performance (per tower). At that time, KOS can offer higher throughput to those customers, making Internet services such as IPTV more accessible. This upgrade will also be done for existing customers at no additional cost, as KOS is committed to providing affordable service to its customers. Our target for this project is early fall, 2016.

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Whilst this was all Greek to me, I have looked into WiMax here as an alternative to the damp string connection to the distant telephone exchange.

I dismissed it for various reasons.  Beyond the requirement for a further antenna on the house, the ping over it would be too high for gaming use.

It is also expensive for what it is.  I can't see any mention of improvement in ping speeds using LTE...

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  94
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48754
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

This was taken using the Ookla Speedtest app on my 4G LTE connection on my phone on the AT&T network with only 3-bars of signal.  Don't know how that will compare to your WiMax/LTE conversion, @@Labob, but this looks playable to me.  Ironically, the upload rate via 4G LTE is better than my ISP gives me on a business-class ISP account.

576b280ce88ff_Screenshot_201606221904521

• Member ID:  4101
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1124
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8738
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1962