Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Call Of Duty World At War FT culling of bad Maps VOTE

White_Dragon

• Member ID:  20018
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1870
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1952

is there any chance we can get a list of all maps used on WAW FT and then Vote on a number of them to be removed?

There are a number of them (MAPS) every week that there is close to or more than 60% of players that say get rid of 

this map or just go to spectate until the maps in question are finished, that is when we don't have an ADMIN on to change 

to the next map.

I would say this is on more than or about  5% to 25% of maps every week. Many times by changing maps it causes

the server to dump everybody and start the rotation over or just crashing the server especially when 2 or more maps get

passed on when everybody goes to spectate.

No mater how many we get removed there will still be a few maps that players (maybe 10%) will not like but that's

much better than having 60% of players or losing 3/4's of the player that will just quit when some maps come on rotation.

Many of these maps in question are what have become known as one sided maps. Where whom ever ends up

on one side of the map will always win 3 out of 5 rounds no mater whom is on which side that winning side has an targeting

Advantage over the other that makes the losing side sitting ducks with little or no cover.  :hope: 

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Thanks for the post Dragon! We have over the years took out a lot of maps that had bad spawns or other other things wrong with them. We try to keep maps in the rotation that are playable. We know that some are  not liked maybe by some but we can do only so much. I think your numbers are off though, I have been in the game when you have asked and some others to change maps and when I typed it in  when maybe 15 players in game 5 would say yes and 10 would not reply so i will not change maps but  only if the majority agrees. Now if you know of maps that need to be removed give us the name of the map, the people that want it removed and reason it needs to be removed.

Thanks Hunter

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74913
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

@@White_Dragon .  I can appreciate that not all maps are liked.  Some have bad spawns, can be one sided, too big, too small, too dark, too snowy...  There are always going to be maps that people don't like and this is not limited to just the FT server.  When I change to rotation each weak, I do keep this in mind so some of those maps you won't see for a while.  Over a period of time, you might see a particular map once or not at all.  However, keep in mind as well, unlike the other servers and mods, FT is limited to about a 1/3rd of the maps available so if we start pulling maps that everyone don't like, you'll be playing a much shorter list and more often which would probably get a bit boring.

Here's how I work.  I work on a 12 week rotation.  In my 'rotation manager' program I created for myself, I create weekly rotations for 12 weeks.  Over this period of time, jungle maps are usually seen 2 to 3 times each due to a small number of them and the other non-jungle maps are generally seen only once (this includes similar maps of a different version) or not at all as I know there are some very unpopular maps.  I may stray from this model periodically and use some of the more popular maps or limit the number of large maps during such times when player numbers are down such as during peek summer months.

Having a selection of maps in every rotation that everyone will like is extremely difficult to impossible but the ultimate goal is trying to have a good mix.  As @@Hunter has stated, we have pulled maps and are not played at all because they are very small for FT or have really messed up spawns.

All that said, if there is a particular map or maps you would like the admin team to review, feel free to post or PM me directly.  The map list is posted every week.

• Member ID:  4406
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  188
  • Achievement Points:  1790
  • Days Won:  1

Can we just get rid of the maps I suck at? OH wait then there would only be about 1 to play. never mind!

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

I am not really sure of the accuracy of the statistics you have, but Merlin works his ass off on the rotations...trust me he puts a lot of time on to keeping it fresh and different each week.

The maps themselves have been culled for years and Beers and others have compiled I would guess 100's of maps across the servers that play right on the mods we have...this culled from perhaps a shit ton more that are available...

Like Merlin said, it would be best to PM him with the maps, and I am not sure its 60% of them, that are causing grief...

• Member ID:  23919
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1001
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12154
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/19/1969

In my opinion, the worst map for respawning is the one with the steam engines out side, map that looks like the terminal map from cod4!

• Member ID:  3003
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  3578
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

more rat maps please

• Member ID:  20018
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  184
  • Achievement Points:  1870
  • Birthday:  07/01/1952

I have to go along with Sgt_Twinkie More "Rat" Maps Please

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74913
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

We can do more rat maps... Always good run and gun fun.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk