Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

This is all new and a first for me.

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6490
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63167
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Those of you on Facebook know I have recently had gall bladder surgery and am recovering from it. The following is what I experienced never before with a casual exception for dentistry work I have had done. I grew up in a very conservative farming home where we did not use medical doctors for anything except for our teeth. Our bodies were off limits and I was well into my 30's before I actually went to a medical Dr. for help with a medical physical problem. I had heard about some of the medications administered after surgery to assist in recovery but had never experienced as much. I was in my 30's also when I had my first aspirin for pain to stop the pain of a headache.  Now jump forward and I am now 65 and was in quite a bit of pain from my gall bladder and needed to have it removed. This where this story takes up.

Okay, I have a confession to make. Some of you may have seen me and a couple friends talking about a certain benefit that taking the pain meds. So far we haven't been forthright in what that is but I have to be honest I would totally have surgery quite often if I always took this for pain afterward. Even when I just lay down and close my eyes I have the most amazing experiences with the most beautiful ladies and don't get me wrong. It's all fine and appropriate but I certainly am not the kind of guy that gets this kind of treatment from ladies like these. It started as they were putting me under for the surgery. This is real as the lady that was there watching me go under was looking directly in my eyes. At first I didn't notice but she was winking at me and smiling so pretty. One of my Facebook friend is her Doppelganger. What a way to fade off to sleep. The sad part was she was gone when I awoke. Now when my pain gets to be very uncomfortable I ask for a codeine and then the rest of the magic starts in. As the medication sets in and I close my eyes I keep seeing this other lady who is as pretty as possible and she keeps avoiding direct eye contact. Maybe that is a good thing but I love to look into a girls eyes and watch them respond to my gaze. I have taken 4 of this medicine so far and every time she is there. I know it's because it's an opiate but wow what a trip.

• Member ID:  2314
  • Group:  ++ Conan Exiles Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  20716
  • Content Per Day:  4.36
  • Achievement Points:  113885
  • Days Won:  50
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

I would stop taking those pills right away!  That is how people get hooked on opioids and lose everything.  Stay healthy!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6490
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63167
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I have only had 6 of them total. I took my last last evening. This was about the difference in the world we live in and the reality of the world around us.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6041
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  50789
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

Sometimes it's nice to be taken away from reality totally get it. But those can be very addicting and not good for you at all. Please be careful my friend. 

Ya, I read where it only takes like three pills to get addicted and doctors give out too many pills for the procedure.  It seems almost like drug companies want you hooked on them.  The worst is for people who hurt their backs.

12 years ago I had quit drinking because I had a problem.  I had a surgery shortly after that and they gave me some pills.  I took one and was like NO WAY!  I threw them out quick.