Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Freezetag 2 Weapon DamageDistance

Stratus

• Member ID:  1825
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  390
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/11/1976

Could someone review the server config for the freezetag 2 server?  The shotguns seem very overpowered and the sniper rifles just the opposite.  You can get killed with a one shot shotgun blast from 20 yards.  With a sniper rifle however, it's almost like you're shooting rubber bullets.  Any hit with a .50 cal should be a one shot kill, but it's not.  I wouldn't even post this if I didn't also hear a few members make similar statements.  Maybe this is  a known issue and that's how you guys want the server, and if so that's fine.  Just wanted to bring it up for discussion.

• Member ID:  1727
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1221
  • Birthday:  01/28/1983

Actually, It already is a 1 shot 1 kill with the r700 or Barrett. Just add Stopping Power. And just aim anywhere above the waistline.

• Member ID:  874
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2298
  • Birthday:  05/27/1986

with the sniper rifle u should be using stopping power and iron lungs;) or deep penatration... with that being said.. do the math.. in real life.. a shotgun is good for about 20-30 yards.  so the shotguns really arent overpowered.. and btw.. i use a shotgun:) at 20 yards.. it takes more than 1 shot to kill the person 90% of the time unless they are already half dead.

• Member ID:  1371
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

i always had a problem with the sight being off on hte 50 cal, id haveah eadshot shot pull the trigger and boom miss ? O.o wtf?! headshot again... boom..nothing.. WTF ?! lmao

Well it is nothing new kush.. and stratus.. that the sniper rifles in the freezetag mod itself arent accurate.. suprizingly the sniper rifles in the MW2 freezetag server are right on the money... now as far as that goes they have tried to fix it and the snipers now are 10000 more accurate than they used to be.. this is due to myself and a few other members bout a yr ago riding ruggers ass untill he fixed it the best he could:) anyways.. my tip for u.. dont use a sniper in the FT svr 1 or svr 2.. IF YOU DO use a sniper rifle...there is a way to make them more accurate.. Hold breath for 2 ticks... then shoot... i know its a pain but its bout the only way ur accuracy will kill them with 1 shot :) another way u can do it if u quick scope like me alot.. go into console and type /+holdbreath     this will cause everytime u bring your scope up for it to automaticly hold your breath for you and in doing so.. by the time your actually looking thru ur scope.. 2 ticks have gone by and u can shoot with great accuracy... :) hope it helps.. any more tips ya need just let me know... ill hack ur brain to death

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

After some time we had finally (a x member and myself hashed out as to why the sniper rifles missed so much)  Reason was they had tracer rounds also set and for some reason every tracer would never register a hit..... But yes it was fixed and tweaked to the limit...

• Member ID:  1825
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  390
  • Birthday:  03/11/1976

Very good information about the sniper rifles, you guys are really knowledgeable.  But are we sure about this shotgun thing?  I can understand bird hunting at 30 yards with some bird shot, but in a tactical/war scenario?  You spray someone with bird shot at 30 yards all you're gonna do is piss them off.  Then again, use some buck shot at 30 yards, it seems that the accuracy should go way down, and even if you did hit, it should not be a killshot.  At thirty yards the spread is going to be pretty wide. 

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I agree....the shottys are over-powered.  numerous people have said so and people from other clans have mentioned it a time or two.  And I am just like others, I will visit HS or CL2 every once in a blue moon and try the shotty there, huge difference.

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

i had sniping issues myself but got used to it .. it was mostly coz of my ping and had to adjust and get used to it in ftag 1 and 2. dont know about the shottys since i'v never been a huge fan of thoes, but getting killed by em alot .. so i think they aint that bad and not too OP but maybe thats becase i stay away from em more then some ppl do :) <3

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11856
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106405
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

lol .. i love how people say the shotty is over powered:P what your failing to remember is a few things to take into account when talking about shotguns.. #1 pump shotguns have longer range than auto shotties... #2 auto shottie is what is mainly used.. #3 with an auto shottie you have 4 shots.. THATS IT!.. #4 at more than around 10 yards you have to shoot 3-4 shots and every single one of them hit the person to kill them UNLESS they are almost dead already.. the actuall dmg the shotgun does in ft2 and mw2 and FT1 is roughly about 30 hp per hit at 20 - 30 yards... so tell me how is that overpowered when 90% of the server runs around with a RPD that shoots like a sniper rifle.. does not have hardly any recoil.. and has a 100 round clip? personally i think some people are just mad about dying so much by shotties up close and personal:D im glad i started the shotty trend

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

Everything JacknCoke says is true u have to hold breath for a sec, quick scoping or taking a shot too quickly will result mostly in fail in ft serv 1 & 2. I have never seen anyone with a 30 yard shottie kill. The most distance i have been killed by shottie is 15.4 yards one shot but i was already 3 quarters dead (like Jack said). Funny thing is that people say " oh well in real life this or that wouldnt happen, well it aint real life, most the time the game is as good as you can get it with mods etc also in the mix. People dont go running thru a building leap out the window 2 stories high shoot someone on way down, survive the landing, bounce the next corner 4 ft in the air with full kit and weapon, make another kill.....get my drift? Not everything in the game will be perfect, but if you stick at the weapon that is giving u greif then u may adapt to its flaws. I myself dont think that the shottie needs adjusting, a 15 ft shot from a tatical shotgun will own u real/game life, the snipers well it would be nice to tweak em a bit but then is it too advantageous? In game you dont have to worry about wind, bullet drop or any other variable so missing a few shots here and there is a fair exchange for not having to deal with "real life variables". Imagine if wind and bullet drop were on the game u would be still missing shots. CONCLUSION: Listen to Jack he knows what hes talking about his game tips will help you and dont get to caught up in comparing game play to "real life situations". Oh and FU FunStick Tongue out

Ok first of all, I could careless about how I die.  Knife gets to me but I can deal with it.  But the shottys on our server are way more powerful than any other.   My point!  Dont give a fuck about how I die.  :)

angel the shotties are set with the same power ratio that the other guns are..... and yes we know you love getting knifed by unarmed.. he even told me so

Lets break this down into advantage dissadvantge since people seem to be focusing on the shottie.

With the shottie u have to be up close and personal with your target, u cant just spray em from across the map or down the end of the hall way like most other weapons as you dont have the range, THIS IS A DISADVANTAGE.

With the shottie you dont have 30+ bullets in a clip to kill an enemy you have only 4 shots at a time. THIS IS A DISADVANTAGE.

With the shottie your fire rate is slow, you cant get double tap etc. THIS ALSO IS A DISADVANTAGE.

With the shottie unless your target is near dead already you have to be within 10yards for a one shot kill,and most the time its a head shot or you have to shoot twice.. ANOTHER DISADVANTAGE.

THERE IS MORE BUT....

THE POINT IS AND WHY IM YELLING IS THAT THERE IS FAR MORE DISSADVANTAGE TO USING A SHOTTIE THAN ADVANTAGES, YOU SEE???

REALLY WHEN U THINK ABOUT IT A PLAYER WITH A SHOTTIE HAS LESS ADVANTAGE OVERALL THAN A PLAYER WITH ANY OTHER WEAPON PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Ok ill stop yelling now but u see what i mean right? You think the shotties over powered and yet anyone not using one has more advantages over someone that is using one, so really is there much to worry bout?

OK I CAN YELL TOO DAMNIT......OK IF THE SHOTTYS ARE ALL THE SAME THEN WHY DO OTHERS SEE THE DIFFERENCE AND I HAVE A CLAN LEADER FROM ANOTHER CLAN THAT COMPLAINS OF IT AND U KNOW YET WHEN I GO TO THEIR SERVER TO PLAY A MAP OR TWO, I CANT KILL SOMEONE FROM 20-30 YARDS LIKE I CAN ON OUR SERVERS.   MY POINT IS I USE THE SAME SETTINGS ON MY SHOTTY ON OUR SERVER AND YET I DONT GET THE SAME RESULTS ON THEIRS.    I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE DISADVANTAGES.  COMMON FUCKIN SENSE TELLS U A PERSON USING A SHOTTY IS AT AN DISADVANTAGE BUT ME AND OTHERS ARE TRYIN TO SEE WHY THEY ARE SO POWERFUL HERE AND NOT THE SAME RESULTS ELSEWHERE. DONT REALLY KNOW IF ITS A DIFF ON OUR END OR THEIR END IS MY FUCKIN DAMN POINT!!!!!

• Member ID:  43
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1241
  • Birthday:  07/13/1971
  • Device:  iPhone

I really think that its a glitch in the game.  Have never knifed Angel, but the game registers it that way.  Angel knows I would never stick it to her like that.

Fu Jack

Awards

LoL!!!  Yes u so would stick it to me like that cause u sob u have about 5 times now.. ;)

Holy fucken shit show me some 20-30 yard kills id like to see that.

but let me address this first.

1- i never said they were all the same i was listing disadvantages so people could see that its not that easy with a shottie and to let go of the complaints.

2- i have used same settings on other servers with similar results

3- If your less than ten yards the sheer volume and spread fron a shottie will kill u, otherwise you have to let all four shells go for a chance.

4- Everyone has a complaint about some weapon, if you keep getting killed by it u will grow to hate it, human nature.

5- im addressing the topic not individuals.

6- People want the shottie strength wound down, well if you do that you might as well take the fucken thing off the weapons menu coz without the ability to kill within ten yards it will be completely useless, you might as well throw the fucken shells at them.

Cmon is this really an issue?

angel the stock settings for a shotgun is actually more powerful than the freezetag servers and most mods actually turn down the dmg of a shotgun due people claim the auto shottie is a "noob" gun.. which if you look at it... 4 shells.. slower reload... shorter shot distance.. its no where near a noob gun.. anyways thats a different arguement.. problem is this.. ill call bullshit on getting killed 30-40 yards away with a shotgun because i personally have tested the range limits of the shotgun in our servers with Rage... in FT 1&2 the shotgun max distance is 22.7 yards.. and at that distance if the person is full health.. if you unload 4 shells into them.. they still are alive.. .. you have to be a minimum of 13 yards for 1 shot 1 kill...... ALSO the range in other servers on the shotgun is believe it or not around the same.. most servers have around a 20 -21 yard range for shotguns.. now as far as you say they are overpowered.. what your not realizing .. is they actually were turned down ALOT and you can ask rugger.. i pitched a bitch about it when it happened. but ive gotten used to them now.... thing is.. why complain about someone that uses a shotgun.. or the shotgun in general.. when the person has to get so close to you.. and is very very very limited on the ammount of shots they have.... when there are so many more guns you can complain about like the p90.. or RPD... or the SAW.. that are over powered... hell the RPD u can snipe people with better than a G3 or a sniper rifle.. and do it semi auto!

lol nitro the way i see it.. they can lessen the shotgun dmg down.. but lets do the same thing with the ratio of ALL the other weapons.... and see how people TRUELY like it...

That right if its good for the shottie then its good for every other weapon Laughing

• Member ID:  1685
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  596
  • Birthday:  08/08/1977

PrPleKusH
i always had a problem with the sight being off on hte 50 cal, id haveah eadshot shot pull the trigger and boom miss ? O.o wtf?! headshot again... boom..nothing.. WTF ?! lmao

I agree with Kush on that one...  just day 2 of playing on COD4  and is way off from COD5...  sighting that is

Doesnt really matter to me if they lessen them down or not.  But I have had shots that have went outside that range.  And I am stating a fact that I know as well...I have went to 2 diff clan servers and played there and the shotty is not that powerful.  It is very powerful up close, I as the reading will show, have not ever said it wasnt.   I am for the most really dont give a fuck what gun is what and how its done.  Which it is fine with me, it makes the game more challenging and I will break mine out some just to goof off and try to work with it.  BUT ONCE AGAIN AND I WILL TYPE THIS PLAIN AND STRAIGHT FORWARD AND IN ENGLISH....WHAT I AM STATING IS I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THE SHOTGUN IS THAT POWERFUL (NOT SO MUCH IN THE SENSE OF THE WORD) BUT WHEN I VISIT OTHER SERVERS, U HAVE TO BE RIGHT ON THAT PERSON TO KILL THEM WITH A SHOTTY....THERE IS NO RANGE WITH IT.  K...I think that is in about plain english as I can get.  I am wondering for my own knowing, what i need or can do to make it work to that benefit on other servers.   Very simple and easy explained, I think.  Not arguing or anything, just a few answers.

Jack said before that the shottie damage has already been lowered in our servers, so in realising that its a good chance the other clan servers have it lowered even more and that is why ours seem the more powerfull. Just a guess?  Laughing