Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Details Leaked

Astronomer

• Member ID:  2069
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966
  • Device:  Windows

Found this at http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/modern-warfare-3-details-leak/

Details on the next Call of Duty game, Modern Warfare 3, have not just leaked onto the internet, they have flooded. Among other details, a November 8 release date was released.

According to the a report coming from Kotaku, what was just a month ago among the best kept secrets of the gaming industry—details on the next Call of Duty game—has just become anything but.

Activision has been playing its card close to its vest with the next entry in the annual franchise. Last March, it would have been a no-brainer to declare the 2011 Call of Duty to be Modern Warfare 3. Since 2006, the series has alternated between the original developer Infinity Ward, who are also responsible for the Modern Warfare games, and Treyarch, who finally left the WWII setting behind with last year’s Black Ops. It just made sense that Modern Warfare 3 would be the next installment, but then Activision gutted Infinity Ward, and the lawsuits began.

Activision then brought in other developers, including Sledgehammer and Raven, to help create more Call of Duty titles, and it vowed to keep Infinity Ward open. That ensured the future of the franchise in general, but it didn’t address the immediate plans for the coming installment.

But still, even with Infinity Ward losing its founders and roughly one-third of its staff, the work they had already begun on the next Call of Duty put their project further ahead of any other studio working on Call of Duty. Treyarch will likely return next year with a new entry, while Sledgehammer and Raven’s plans haven’t been announced yet.

Yet, no official announcement on Modern Warfare 3 has been given. It made sense that it was coming, and in keeping with tradition it would be released in November, but that is all we knew, and that all came from educated guesses. But now, if the article from Kotaku is correct, not only has Modern Warfare 3 been unofficially confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt, the entire story line of the single player game, and details on the multiplayer have been leaked as well.

First, the multiplayer will feature several maps from around the world, as well as the return of the Spec Ops missions. A new Spec Ops “survival” mode is also listed. The maps and the mission names are listed below:

Multiplayer Maps

• Alpha
  • Alps
  • Bootleg
  • Bravo
  • Brooklyn
  • Carbon
  • Coast
  • Dome
  • Exchange
  • Hardhat
  • Interchange
  • Lambeth
  • Meteora
  • Mogadishu
  • Paris
  • Plaza 2
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Underground
  • Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

• Carbon
  • Dome
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Village

Mission

• Civilian Rescue
  • Flood the Market
  • Invisible Threat
  • Little Bro’s
  • Out of Africa
  • No Fly Zone
  • Wing Man

The inclusion of 20 multiplayer maps is incredible—so much so that many of them will almost certainly be cut. They may have simply been test maps that never worked, or they may be packaged and sold later. They may even be pre-order bonuses, but regardless, it seems unlikely that Activision would release that many maps when they have seen so much success with the sales of additional map packs.

As for the story, Kotaku has all the details. Literally, all the details, including who will live and die. The link will take you to the full story, which is spoiler intensive. So much so that you may actually want to avoid it, unless you just don’t like to be surprised by a game’s storyline. You have been warned.

The basics are that the game will pick up immediately after the cliffhanger-ish ending of Modern Warfare 2. As Price and Soap are busy hunting Makarov around the world, a Russian force invades Manhattan. Two new characters, “Frost” and “Sandman” are introduced, and the fight rages around the globe over 15 missions (that could change though), eventually concluding in Dubai.

The game will feature a storyline where the world is on the brink of a total crisis. As such, you will fight through rural, wilderness and urban landscapes, including New York, Paris and London. Destructible environments will be a new addition to the series, and there will be several vehicles that are usable as you try to stop the coming of the next full blown world war.

The game is also set for a November 8 release, which is right in line with the last few games. Again though, this is all still unconfirmed. That doesn’t mean that Kotaku is wrong—in fact they have so many details it is almost certain that they are dead on—but it means that the game is still not complete. Levels could be removed, and sections could be totally reworked before the actual release.

For now though, it appears that the speculation can end, and in November we will have the next Modern Warfare title in our hands.

• Member ID:  213
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5644
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1963

I wont be buying from them, untill I hear Great things.   Battlefield 3 will be too good to even care, lets see, drive cars, tanks, aircraft, and have the best sound ever in a game.... I ll just hold off.... Call of Duty WaW even still crashes for me, and no one plays Call of duty black ops.... I think they ruined pc games,,,

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1074
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8438
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74964
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

Haven't heard much good about Black Ops for PC and if they don't allow FREE custom maps for MW3, I won't be buying that one either.

When I mean FREE, I mean the dedicated work that users put in to create something new, revive the old, and keeping the game fresh.  Hats off to those folks.

• Member ID:  2069
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966

What Merlin said! It's the whole customization and ability to create your own servers that makes the games fresh. This whole push to monetize every last add-on and scrap comes directly from the closed console model. That shit just does not translate well to the PC world where user customization has always been a part of the whole FPS genre.

• Member ID:  1540
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

So they intentionally leak this to make their crappy remake of a game "seem" better lol!

Marketing FAIL (or maybe not) for the gullible...

• Member ID:  285
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2204
  • Birthday:  11/04/1965

I hate to say it.. but the goood ole days of COD4 and the ability to make maps from a user community are gone.. You may get mod tools and map making tools but they probably wont be allowed for ranked servers.. and you will probaly again have to have servers the same as Black ops.. Ill bet even Battlefield 3 when it comes out will be the same way.. Therse too much money at stake.. remreerb they are makign these games for consoles really(That is where the money is), and just doing a pc version for the few that are left..

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

Guess what...BF3..but the 20 map for Multiplayer is fucking awesome usally a game is released with 8 maps and then map packs come out..think it was posted here or on Sun tzu posts, I just woke up and drinking some melted cheese so im not with it yet :P

• Member ID:  2498
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  180
  • Birthday:  09/21/1969

Well, I'm not sure what's wrong with Black Ops, I rather enjoy it.  Granted, no custom maps, but the game itself it amazing.  And BF3 looks stunning.  Can't wait to play that!!

As for MW3, that's a way out yet, and maybe the developers have learned something from their last two efforts.  WaW sucked.  

I do believe that COD4 is the pinnacle of gaming...

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

Cod4 was the Cod series last breath..

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

screw another cod game until they make this shit right. I dont have to many issues with bo   but to chare me for maps and to not have mod tools screw them they have gotten my last 60 until I see something amazing.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8270
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53653
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

I have to get a crow bar and wack the wifes cold dead hands off my wallet so I can ship it to the COD wallet vacum so they can advise me if  I'm acceptable to play this game in the future they really hate it when I give them 70 bucks for no reason tme and time again.  But with any luck I'll have my brain sucked out and do it all again next Christmas

. Time to reload SOF 2