Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Fat(ASS) Acceptance Movement

GaberialX

• Member ID:  891
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

Now someone is probably gonna get butt hurt on this one but its my opinion and I wanted to see what everyone else's was there is this fat acceptance movement. It is such bullshit, look I'm a big guy, bout 6' 2" 320, I'm not small by no means but this bullshit make it look right, how the fuck is anything going to get done if were all fat because it is acceptable, I'm losing weight, down from 4 months ago when i was 360 and I'm still losing. I personally think people should strive for a healthier body weight, even when I was getting fat, (mind you I take a thyroid pill to fuckin balance my metabolism out now) i was disgusted with myself because even though i was working out like crazy, i was still get bigger.

It's things like this that make Americans look like idiots(yes i know its everywhere, but it the whole stereotypical "Fatass American BS" here the wiki just to get you started. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

Like this if you thing the Fat Acceptance Movement is a crock of shit.

Yes, There is such thing as the Fat Acceptance Movement, they are fighting for "Equal?" rights, they have the same rights as everyone else, what it is for, they don't want to have to pay for two seats on a plane if they are one person. well i'll put it this way, if you take up two seats, you should pay for two seats because your taking away the airlines money if you don't. none the less sorry for my rant this is my opinion, i do apologize if i hurt anyone's feelings but it needs to be said.

• Member ID:  839
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Don't be embarassed, or put yourself down just because you have a medical problem that concerns your weight. I am on steroids and nobody told me that I may gain weight, I went 6'1" 210 lbs to 240 lbs in 2 months. I have lost almost half that now but I just ballooned up and nothing I could do to stop it until it leveled out.

I would venture to say that as far as fat people are concerned that most of them are lazy with low self esteem, and don't even try to lose weight, or if they exercise or anything then they eat it right back. That is my stereotype of fat people and probably is the general consenus. Fuck yea they should pay more for airline seats, and it is like a lot of minorities, they want  more than what is all equal right now. We should all be equal no matter of the race, color, religion, body weight or whatever. The only rule would be to people that can't help it to be that way, i.e. medical issues. Fat people may think of themselves as having a mental issue. Well I concur, change your fucking attitude and get a life. Get off your dead ass and get a job, do some work, do something. You know like most people. Only then should you get the respect that you deserve.

Sorry but it is the truth, you have to work off more than you take in, it is as simple as that. No amount of bs diets are going to work until you follow that simple rule. Self control. Self respect.

• Member ID:  189
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1388
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  7432
  • Birthday:  02/01/1978
  • Device:  Windows

lmao

the thing about the rights movement bullshit, ok i can see if your racially oppresseed and fighting for it, You were born that way and there is nothing you really can do to change it so yea fight for your right in that, but being fat, you put yourself there now get yourself out of it, my main issues that i have a problem with is people sit and diet for a week and then say "It's not working, i've only lost a pound." Well guess what fattie, you didnt become fat overnight, your not gonna become skinny overnight either. common sense people come on...

• Member ID:  2457
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1112
  • Birthday:  09/29/1968

Well coming from a myself of being a thick female all my life there has been stereo types from being this way yes i agree if you are that big that you have to use two seats in the airplane then you should pay for them now i'm not going to say like alot of ppl do that your disgusting or anything like that no i can't loose weight i have tried for many many yrs just doesn't happen will i get the a surgery hell no i wont why cause one i'm not doing it cause of society saying its not right to be big first i'm not big enough to have it done second ya i know you hear the one i'm big boned well i really am which kinda sucks being a girl and i do carry my weight very well i have been told but yet still get the same ole same ole if you would only loose weight well you know what i have to say to them fuck you lol sorry i guess this one just got me going buy the way didn't hurt my feelings at all love being a big girl and proud of it baby got back lol Smile

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

OK. lmao.

My mother was overweight and my sisters and I get damn disgusted of fat people. My wifes family had plenty. I told her when we got married, no fatties. Not that I would dump her for being fat, I would of course help her stay normal, which 5'4" 110 lbs.

There is no such thing as big boned, my mother used that excuse. Do a search and you will see.

I don't care if someone is overweight, that is their problem not mine. When it becomes my problem is when people can't be fair about it. Like the people not wanting to pay for an extra seat.

I have no problem if someone wants to stay overweight either. Like I said as long as it doesn't become my problem. Just be honest about it and don't try to make excuses like so many of them do. I am not putting anybody down or disrespecting anybody here. So please don't take it that way. I could stand to lose a few pounds myself. But I am honest about it.

Be honest with yourself first, the rest will come later.

None taken Bushape i totally agree with what you are saying about the extra seat if i was that big i would expect to pay so they should too....

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6888
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44109
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971

What if you turn it arround.

Do I pay lesser with my skinny ass? Half the price I'd say! :)

X-RayXI

What if you turn it arround.

Do I pay lesser with my skinny ass? Half the price I'd say! :)

well if two of you could fit in one seat then yep why not lol

• Member ID:  558
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

Bushape

OK. lmao.

My mother was overweight and my sisters and I get damn disgusted of fat people. My wifes family had plenty. I told her when we got married, no fatties. Not that I would dump her for being fat, I would of course help her stay normal, which 5'4" 110 lbs.

There is no such thing as big boned, my mother used that excuse. Do a search and you will see.

I don't care if someone is overweight, that is their problem not mine. When it becomes my problem is when people can't be fair about it. Like the people not wanting to pay for an extra seat.

I have no problem if someone wants to stay overweight either. Like I said as long as it doesn't become my problem. Just be honest about it and don't try to make excuses like so many of them do. I am not putting anybody down or disrespecting anybody here. So please don't take it that way. I could stand to lose a few pounds myself. But I am honest about it.

Be honest with yourself first, the rest will come later.

Well said. 

Too many fat people say they have nothing to do but that's bullshit. 

Nobody born'm fat. 

Healthy eating no fat and all moving well do wonders. 

No hamburgers for dinner with chips and Coca Cola for breakfast

It could also be that fat people not read the recipes. : P

A Generous Diet

Needing to shed a few pounds, Robert, and his wife Jennifer, went on a diet that had specific recipes for each meal of the day. They followed the instructions extremely closely, dividing the finished recipe in half for their individual portions. Robert and Jennifer felt terrific and thought the diet was wonderful; they had never felt better, nor did they ever feel hungry.

As time progressed, Robert and Jennifer realized that they were, in fact, putting on weight and not losing it. They decided that they ought to check the detail of the recipes just one more time. It was then that they found their error.

There, in small print, Robert and Jennifer saw, to their horror: 'Serves 6'.

Judge |NL

A Generous Diet

Needing to shed a few pounds, Robert, and his wife Jennifer, went on a diet that had specific recipes for each meal of the day. They followed the instructions extremely closely, dividing the finished recipe in half for their individual portions. Robert and Jennifer felt terrific and thought the diet was wonderful; they had never felt better, nor did they ever feel hungry.

As time progressed, Robert and Jennifer realized that they were, in fact, putting on weight and not losing it. They decided that they ought to check the detail of the recipes just one more time. It was then that they found their error.

whats funny is my middle name is robert and the wife is jennifer lol

GaberialX
Judge |NL

A Generous Diet

whats funny is my middle name is robert and the wife is jennifer lol

Glad you like it

hahaha

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

OK, I was going to resist weighing in on this subject (get it, ha ha ha) but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in.

First of all, I have battled weight gain most of my life, and while I would love to blame it on medical or mental conditions, I really can't. I don't have an underactive thyroid or anything like that. I simply have failed to live correctly.

When I left the British Navy in 1985 I weighed 175 lbs and there was not really any fat on me anywhere. For the remainder of my time in the UK (3 more years, I managed to maintain well under 185 lbs without an issue.

The problems arose when I emigrated to the US. My weight started to creep up and up and I never did anything about it. I peaked at around 275 lbs about 1 1/2 years ago and finally decided to do something about it. I completely revamped my eating habits and started working out 3 times a week (which is tough to do when what suffers is your gaming time) Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I would go to the gym for a minimum of 2 hours

From Feb 2010 to Nov 2010 I lost 75 lbs and bottomed out at 200. While not my target (180 was) I figured being 50 years old had to add a couple of pounds so I considered the plan a success at that point.

Basically my whole take on this is the majority of overweight people in this country are simply too lazy to do anything about it. You go over to Europe and you see far less fat people than you do here. My opinion for this is three-fold:

1. Everything is so expensive over there, you can't afford to overeat the way Americans do

2. There is a lot more social stigma to being overweight so people tend to push themselves

3. I have seen Americans literally drive across the street. What do people in Europe do - THEY WALK and don't think twice about it 

The whole society in this country is geared against keeping people healthy. Fast food restaurants on every intersection, none of which serve healthy food as the standard staple (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Arbys, KFC, Taco Bell, etc) 

Eating while driving is encouraged which is a double whammy. Fast food is easy to eat while driving. Try eating a green salad beind the wheel of your car. Plus you are not getting any exercise. Hell, in the UK it is illegal to eat and drive.

Our cities are not set up "pedestrian friendly" so it is easier to drive across the street than it is to walk.

I live in the Detroit area and there is 0 public transport. No trains, no subway and a handful of really crappy buses so you have to drive everywhere.

Our shopping is all centralized in malls and such. The local stores almost do not exist so again you have to drive everywhere.

i know I wandered off the beaten path here but my take on this is, basically, if you accept fatness as ok, then you have given up and should be shuffled off to some farm somewhere to be "put to sleep". You are a burden to an already strained society with significantly increased health care costs (which Obamacare would force the rest of us to pay for). You are a nightmare to sit next to on a plane. And if one more of you fatasses almost runs me or my kid over in Walmart with your "Rascal" I swear I will blow!!!

An unhealthy condition should never be accepted. It should be attacked and demonized. Make all the lazy people who basically eat more than they shit lose weight so the smalle percentage of overweight people who actually do have a genuine medical issue can get the level of treatment and respect they deserve.

And before anyone complains that obesity is a "disease", don't start. I don't remember anyone ever "catching" obesity. For the vast majority of overweight people (like me) it is, or was, a life choice. 

I know I will upset and possibly offend some people with this rant, but it is simply the way I feel. I don't disrespect overweight people. I disrespect overweight people who don't try to modify their lifestyle to do something about it, or complain that it is not fixed for them and expect a society that should crave health over gluttony accept their lack of effort and desire as OK

If I offended you, I apologize. Otherwise, Carry on Idiots.

NickTheGrip

And before anyone complains that obesity is a "disease", don't start. I don't remember anyone ever "catching" obesity. For the vast majority of overweight people (like me) it is, or was, a life choice. 

I know I will upset and possibly offend some people with this rant, but it is simply the way I feel. I don't disrespect overweight people. I disrespect overweight people who don't try to modify their lifestyle to do something about it, or complain that it is not fixed for them and expect a society that should crave health over gluttony accept their lack of effort and desire as OK

'm Totally with you

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991
  • Device:  Android

Mmmmm grilled cheese sandwich

NickTheGrip

OK, I was going to resist weighing in on this subject (get it, ha ha ha) but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in.

First of all, I have battled weight gain most of my life, and while I would love to blame it on medical or mental conditions, I really can't. I don't have an underactive thyroid or anything like that. I simply have failed to live correctly.

When I left the British Navy in 1985 I weighed 175 lbs and there was not really any fat on me anywhere. For the remainder of my time in the UK (3 more years, I managed to maintain well under 185 lbs without an issue.

The problems arose when I emigrated to the US. My weight started to creep up and up and I never did anything about it. I peaked at around 275 lbs about 1 1/2 years ago and finally decided to do something about it. I completely revamped my eating habits and started working out 3 times a week (which is tough to do when what suffers is your gaming time) Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I would go to the gym for a minimum of 2 hours

From Feb 2010 to Nov 2010 I lost 75 lbs and bottomed out at 200. While not my target (180 was) I figured being 50 years old had to add a couple of pounds so I considered the plan a success at that point.

Basically my whole take on this is the majority of overweight people in this country are simply too lazy to do anything about it. You go over to Europe and you see far less fat people than you do here. My opinion for this is three-fold:

1. Everything is so expensive over there, you can't afford to overeat the way Americans do

2. There is a lot more social stigma to being overweight so people tend to push themselves

3. I have seen Americans literally drive across the street. What do people in Europe do - THEY WALK and don't think twice about it 

The whole society in this country is geared against keeping people healthy. Fast food restaurants on every intersection, none of which serve healthy food as the standard staple (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Arbys, KFC, Taco Bell, etc) 

Eating while driving is encouraged which is a double whammy. Fast food is easy to eat while driving. Try eating a green salad beind the wheel of your car. Plus you are not getting any exercise. Hell, in the UK it is illegal to eat and drive.

Our cities are not set up "pedestrian friendly" so it is easier to drive across the street than it is to walk.

I live in the Detroit area and there is 0 public transport. No trains, no subway and a handful of really crappy buses so you have to drive everywhere.

Our shopping is all centralized in malls and such. The local stores almost do not exist so again you have to drive everywhere.

i know I wandered off the beaten path here but my take on this is, basically, if you accept fatness as ok, then you have given up and should be shuffled off to some farm somewhere to be "put to sleep". You are a burden to an already strained society with significantly increased health care costs (which Obamacare would force the rest of us to pay for). You are a nightmare to sit next to on a plane. And if one more of you fatasses almost runs me or my kid over in Walmart with your "Rascal" I swear I will blow!!!

An unhealthy condition should never be accepted. It should be attacked and demonized. Make all the lazy people who basically eat more than they shit lose weight so the smalle percentage of overweight people who actually do have a genuine medical issue can get the level of treatment and respect they deserve.

couldn't have said it better myself, if your comfortable with being fat dont complain deal with it or work out like i am ^^

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2644
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45829
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Android

im not fat! Im Horizontaly Challenged!

lets make an XI FIT club where we motivate each other to get in better shape and post results on the board etc anyone game? like gains in weight lifting etc push up max reps just an idea if anyone is interested might set up a xcel or something  to keep track and have a contest or somethin

• Member ID:  2568
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  390
  • Birthday:  02/18/1982

I'm medium plump.

• Member ID:  2520
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3748
  • Birthday:  08/18/1953

I debated about posting here but I just think I needed to inform the uninformed and explain by a real example rather than everyone getting tossed in the same pool due to not being informed . Sorry but not everyones weight is due to them pulling up to the buffet and jamming their jowls with food.  I do agree that there are a large number of folks that do themselves in BUT each and every case is or should be weighed in on its individual circumstances. I as well dont feel sorry for anyone thats obese and yet still poking 2 buckets of KFC in their diet a day. I myself will not nor have ate fried foods but 1 or 2 times a year.

I will use my struggle  as an example: I'm a big man....  6ft 7inches and tipping the scale at 500lbs now. I will accept responsibility for some of my weight gain as for many years as a truck driver I did not eat as healthy as I could have but all considered I carried quite well however I had mitigating circumstances that led me here.I graduated HS at 6ft 4 260 and got out of the service I was 6" 5" 280 and built like a tank. I played 4yrs of HS football and wrestling. Yes we had that back in those days..LOL

In 1988 I was 425 and hard as a rock...  YES I was... but had a bit of belly but could still run you down if needed .  I did weights 3 times a week .....played on 2 softball teams and was on a bunch of protein at the time. Then 1 night as I was riding my Harley some piece of shit drunk fuck made an oncoming left turn in front of me and run his 87 Cavalier over and stopped his car on top of me when he made a left turn in front of me. When we got the car off I was wanting to get up a stomp a mudhole in his ass as I really didnt feel any pain (shock they said) but was pissed cause I just built my bike. Well I could not get up cause the left leg was not working right. When I looked down I saw my boots about a foot from bottom of my jeans. It all but cut off my leg that was hanging literally by tendons. They were gonna cut it off but did not after I told them .."do your best". Anyway I was in ICU for 45 days cause my ribs got wacked and  holes knocked in my lungs. I was in a bed for 12mos.....BEFORE I could start to learn to walk again. BTW...the guy had NO insurance and no $$ so physical therapy was out of the pic. Meanwhile ALL my muscle mass when to hell in a hurry needless to say and I went from bed to wheelchair,crutches ,cane to walking. I had a noticable limp since till I got in the wheelchair the 2nd time.I could not run anymore as I have 1.5" rods from hip to ankle so that put all my sports out of the pic.  I also ended up with emphysema from a lifelong bout with bronchial asthma that will turn into emphysema as you grow older. NO...I NEVER EVER put a cigarette in my mouth my whole life. Do your research you'll see.  I'm now in a wheel chair and went up toi 615lbs 3yrs ago due to excessive high doses of prednsone = 20mg 4 times a day. #1 side effect= excessive weight gain. It was prescribed cause I have these severe lung issues  Its a chemical reaction....NOT a over eating issue. I eat well balanced meals a I must watch my sugar as well since another side effect of the prednsone was ramping your sugar out of sight causing diabetes. Finally Iwas making headway with the weight and had a stroke last Aug and that knocked me way out of the park but I wont give up.  Anyway I've got my weight back to 500lbs . Bad thing is I am getting a bunch of skin hanging off and the fat is lowering to my gut I guess you can call it.I'm told that plastic surgery would both remove the skin and they could get the remaining "gut" thats hanging too. Problem is with that is....my lungs I'm told will not pick up as they should when the anesthesia wears off and I would die on the table.....which would be fine with me cause of peaceful death BUT the Dr's dont want to risk any liability of getting their as sued by my wife which we told them we'd give the a release for..

My chemistry is near perfect and has been for several years which baffle the medical field. My cholesterol is 179 my HDL is 70 ...BP avg is 130 /75-80  .   So anyways there you have it.  I'm not looking for ANY sympathy whatsoever. Please dont bother with it. I was dealt the hand and had to play it.... BUT..Not everyone is cut from the same cloth but I do agree with there being a BUNCH of people that DONT give a fuck about it.   I'm not one of them  ..like it or not.

Best of luck to all those wishing to get their weight issues under control. I wish all the best for you as its a tough road the travel .. Thanks for giving me this moment

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

Well RDKL. You would most definitely NOT fall into the category I was railing on. Based on your story from the heart, it is obvious that you got dealt a crappy hand and fall into that small minority I talked about. I am sure when people see you in a chair weighing so much they think "lazy fat ass - ate himself into that chair" when they don't know the real reason and don't bother to find out.

The ones I can't stand are the ones that do eat themselves into a chair and then expect us to not only accept their lack of will, but pay for their support.

I hope you continue to get things under control and if you felt my rant was aimed at people like yourself, I apologize as it most definitely was not

Peace brother

• Member ID:  1607
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1227
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

im a big kid 6 foot 260lbs, i am outside everyday busting my ass in the illinois heat, still big, and eat right, workout, i get picked on and honestly i dont gaf because i know from where i come from and what i do for work i am touger than them. i have stuggeled all my lif with weight but i dont let it get me down, yea im bigger, i need to buy another ticket? okay heres my money, i dont have a problem, infact id rather have 2 seats to me than having a crying baby or weirdo be next to me. not once have i looked at myself and went shit this isnt fair, come from a long line of biggies, we all work(ed) our asses off in some serious heat all day lifting heavy things (in my case hay bails on to a hay wagon), so what i feel fit, can run 3 miles no problem, its people who want shit handed to them, and want to be treated the same at others expense.

• Member ID:  1607
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1227
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

RDKL first i want to say thank you for your service that speaks volumes about you as well as how you carry your self in your writing, the hand you delt surly isnt good. and people dont think, why is that person that big, they think what the fuck, seriously? or hes lazy, or what ever the fucks think, i get it, not to the severity of others but shit. im much like you in your early years, big but athletic, and built, even was considering the marine corps before i pussed out, but i lead a very active life, so its not all people stuffing their pie holes, its also people being different, and no im not bigged boned because that statement is horse shit