Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Autobalancer Complaints...

• Member ID:  1106
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Faced them nonstop tonight...from all angles.  People bitching about friends on the other team which I don't care about, then it was getting switched to losing sides, etc.  It was to the point where I told anyone who doesn't like it to just leave.

Should we take a look at the settings or what to do if this many people are complaining?  Just a thought.

Flushy

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

That's just the way it goes sometimes. Autobalance is there for a reason, and yes it sucks when you get switched to a losing team but it's just the way it is.

In COD2 spectators can screw up the auto balance on TDM. It assigns spectators to a team even though they aren't playing so you can have 5 on one team and 2 on another and the auto balance won't switch people from the higher numbered team because of the spectators.

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4065
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37160
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

We've had similar problems on eu server, but not all the time. some maps it works perfect then when the map changes  it seems to start moving people. the plugin is new so there might be an update for it at some point.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1074
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8438
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74954
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Windows

Ya sometimes it's annoying when you get switched when you are playing with certain people in a squad but that's how it rolls.  For me, don't spawn on Flush cause he's usually in the thick of shit and you'll get your ass shot off.  Now that sucks.  LOL.  Good games last night Flush.

• Member ID:  1188
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

They will bitch  if the teams are lopsided, they will bitch if the teams get balanced ,they will bitch if their buddy get balanced, they will bitch if they get balanced, they will bitch  if they lose, they will bitch if they play!

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384

I only bitch when I kill myself. I don't even bitch when Damit slams me into trees or rocks. :P

Anyway no perfect balance can exist because they can't determin things unless the player remains on a server. When a round ends and you get 10-20 people that drop and replaced by new ones anything can happen.

Really the only true annoying part I agree with is the squad splitting. Would be nice if it could keep squads and move squads around and not single players so everyone can keep playing with friends etc.

That said this may be possible. Maybe if I get some free time I will look into. Most of these things are just fancy scripts, which I have the displeasure of being familure with as I do some coding for a living :/

Sometimes I hate computers... unless I am shooting people of course :)

Beyond that, the only other thing better that could be done is auto looking at a players last few game stats (from any played server). The problem with this is it would create too much load/lag on the server as it would have to query something external for every player and these game server companies seem to ride these suckers to the limit on performance already so they wouldn't be able to handle doing that... If you wanted to get really fancy could prob setup something external to pass the info back and forth but meh... Let's see how BF4 fares lol.

• Member ID:  3655
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1538
  • Birthday:  09/16/1991

after 30 min of playing in us side right before the rounds ending it chages me back to the opposite team. but i am cool. i have got no problem

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i my self hate the auto balance. be on the wininng team 3 min before match is over it switches you to losing team.....really sucks for your stats...

i my self hate the auto balance. be on the wininng team 3 min before match is over it switches you to losing team.....really sucks for your stats...

i dont give a flying rats ass whenever it comes to win lose ratio fuck that it is not cod if you are good then it settles. but in bf3 you can not change a thing if your team is full of recons  not helping you if you have negative WL ratio it doesnt mean you are bad player. so it doesnt matter

• Member ID:  142
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Content Count:  1986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  13866
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/01/1985

They will bitch  if the teams are lopsided, they will bitch if the teams get balanced ,they will bitch if their buddy get balanced, they will bitch if they get balanced, they will bitch  if they lose, they will bitch if they play!

+1

I have seen this game from day 1 as a admin and a player .. there is no balancer that keeps things even... at some point either damit and I have to switch to balance it .. we have gone through couple of best balancers so we know what we are talking about ..

keep squad together or their friends calling lopsided teams..... I still kept the option where clans stay together except they get shuffled after rounds end and they have to form a new squad...

So if they wine , let them find a another server .. there plenty ppl out there who just want whine/ bitch about almost everything .. We are tired of taking everyone suggestion in cosideration because at the end of they if teams stays more even over keeping friends together is better for servers..

as XI , Damit and I always try to switch .. I prefer close matches over lopsided teams.

Edited by xCaliber

I have changed couple of things for the balancer.. lets see if that keeps squad together for next round.

Edited by xCaliber

I have changed couple of things for the balancer.. lets see if that keeps squad together for next round.

dude i dont care if it moves me to the losing team right before the end of the round. but yea i like that keeping the squad together i like that part. that would be nice. either way rounds are gonna be lopsided time to time so why not just keep the squad mates together? like one round SUPERBATTLETOADS, fuhzz and me doing awesome team work but next round it is all mixed up we can not squad up anymore. i have got no problem with anything and i am not whining( you guys can easily tell me if i am rage complaining). just saying it would be real nice of ya ll to pull some strings on that squad mixing matter. cheers

I haven't heard any complains last couple days .. It seems to be working I guess ..