Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Computer Desks

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Hey

Any recommendations on 60" computer desks? Just the tabletop and legs. Got my actual nice oak desk that I would like to use again as a bonafide one again not a cramped computer space. As they say you get what you pay for and I do prefer things that are sturdy as well as nice looking. For example I suppose this one is sturdy, I would hope considering the price, but really quite a lot more than I would want to shell out. For this kind of money I could get a brand new dishwasher.

https://store.steelcase.com/desks-tables/sit-to-stand-desks/solo-sit-to-stand-desk

This one seems to get good reviews and its pretty inexpensive. But is it sturdy enough and will it hold up to abuse. Not that I am going to take a sledgehammer to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Gaming-Computer-Worksation-Adjustable/dp/B08NWBL97Q

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  29546
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  402
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Linux

The steelcase will be legit quality, but it looks like its also a sit/stand desk. Those are always a bunch more coin. If you're not interested in standing, I'd check out just the ones for sitting... from steelcase still. The amazon one looks cheap. I personally like to find stuff on craigslist (or facebook marketplace if you've got it) that's good quality, but someone wants to get rid of. I was using a steelcase filing cabinet as one end of my computer desk and the other I had a couple adjustable legs from Ikea. It was good while it lasted. I've now got a desk that my wife's work was looking to get rid of and its solid. I'd go for quality and not get a standing desk if it doesn't need to be. My two cents... which adjusted for inflation is now worth one!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Had a good size corner desk years ago. Which I wish I still had. But I do like being able to look out a window while working on my computer. Back then the corner desk was paired up with corner windows. 😁

• Member ID:  2314
  • Group:  ++ Conan Exiles Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  20717
  • Content Per Day:  4.33
  • Achievement Points:  113891
  • Days Won:  50
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

I have a ginormous corner desk.  Plenty of room for work, but takes up a good chunk of the room.  When moved to the new place I did not put it in my bedroom again, I plopped it in an empty bedroom.

• Member ID:  27313
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  1639
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1977
  • Device:  iPhone

I have three of these in one room to make three separate workstations.  Plenty of work space and very sturdy.

46C72B60-4E2F-4947-8668-0E819258E113.png

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5089
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44668
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

I bought 2 used 4x6 foot restaurant type tables with the 2 metal pedestal type legs around 12 years ago. Still suites my needs. 1 is our kitchen table and the other one is my desk.

They are very stable and well built. The arms of my computer chair are just 1/2" below the table top which keeps your arm and hand in a straight line when using the mouse. Probibly why I don't have carpal tunnel or any other muscle or joint pain associated with being at a desk for hours on end. 

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6173
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

On 9/30/2022 at 12:50 AM, Sammy said:

Hey

Any recommendations on 60" computer desks? Just the tabletop and legs. Got my actual nice oak desk that I would like to use again as a bonafide one again not a cramped computer space. As they say you get what you pay for and I do prefer things that are sturdy as well as nice looking. For example I suppose this one is sturdy, I would hope considering the price, but really quite a lot more than I would want to shell out. For this kind of money I could get a brand new dishwasher.

https://store.steelcase.com/desks-tables/sit-to-stand-desks/solo-sit-to-stand-desk

This one seems to get good reviews and its pretty inexpensive. But is it sturdy enough and will it hold up to abuse. Not that I am going to take a sledgehammer to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Gaming-Computer-Worksation-Adjustable/dp/B08NWBL97Q

https://www.fully.com/

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5089
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44668
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Slightly smaller than mine but same height and same pedestal style legs. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224710325540?hash=item3451c77524:g:aH0AAOSwd~FesPAK&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsI3S4AruB5tz9wHWlkPciwIgsyvaMT9nXsKvy95OoCykEZEH8XkOa%2BL6Oy3UJQFEaiPyLH%2FsO5vzKWClP0mcfzEgZbTO75B5Ex%2Fca3zlXOkvEIY5UIH0MiW4ZOZb%2Fz6JF89zBfCk61Z72sShUWXvQCy7z5mD601n3GUxCBp2ezTkZZ4wphhhaBhjUjCtMieokxQNCsqpbRy37AC9xgtEXxrv%2B%2FXbLnNNzFf%2B6AU%2Bm1n4|tkp%3ABk9SR_aul9H0YA

Mine have cast iron bottom sections on the legs. They also have 1 1/2" wood edged tops. They came from an old Pizza joint that closed around 20 years ago and I got them for $20 each. They are Melamine laminated particle board with a real oak edges. I'm not a big fan of particle board but the Melamine laminate is hard and smooth and heat resistant. My Mouse tracks really good on it and there is plenty of room for my computer and monitor and my cool old desk lamp.

A PC sitting on or near the floor will collect dust and hair like a vacuum cleaner especially if you own pets.       

Edited by J3st3r