Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Carepackage Thieves

CobraBites

• Member ID:  490
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  446
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  3309
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1973
  • Device:  Windows

im with you cobra,,thats why i dont use them,,i have been playing with cobra,,,heard him say thats my package dont take it,,yet someone will anyway..I think that is a kickable offence for the first and let them explain why they did it after the person said "hey im coming back for it,leave it alone"you dont need a mic to hear what someone is saying,theres no excuse for doing it,,maybe after you say it type it so its in the logs

• Member ID:  3623
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  664

This just pisses me off! I hate it when people steal other's care packages. Like when I was playing today, there was this new guy named "Jean Pants" and he was SO close to steal I THINK it was AstaRN's package I don't remember exactly.

• Member ID:  459
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416

Why didn't you just ask who's package it was first Shooter,through voicechat, remember not everyone playing on our servers can speak or type good English. Bottom line is if you didn't call for the care package then it's not yours, just leave it alone, remember people have had to earn that package and then it gets stolen and we wonder why arguments start.

i did ask it on voice chat and on team chat....i wouldn't take it if someone would say it was of him or her. i told you nobody claimed it so i took it.

but it still wonder how people can steal it from you when you're right nexto it.... this is what people mean here or am i wrong?

if you have that /+activate thing on, you can grab it instantly if it drops on the ground, it doesn't bounce like in mw3 or mw2.....yes it's not fair and messes up peoples mood but if your so stupid to drop it in a place where everyone spawns or where everyone is camping...i'm sorry but thats just asking to get it stolen. some people don't get even a 3ks so yes they try to steal it.

call it in on a safe place....maps are big enough to find one.

i'm more angry about friendlies trowing that stupid grey or purple smoke...that messes up things, but we need a differend topic for that.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

A techie explanation follows...

No it doesnt bounce in this case. Game limitation. It is possible to convert something like that to a physics model which is done for exploding cars and barrels that shoot up etc. But once done it is impossible to get its actual location. So the trigger radiuses needed for knowing that you are actually standing next to it couldnt be put there. Tried various ways around that including making a manually controlled bounding box but it was too expensive in terms of computational power and not %100 reliable to actually find the ground or obstructions.

MW2/3/BO did it by introducing a 'workaround' for lack of a better word. They didnt change how physics objects work in the game engine. Instead it seems the maps themselves have a built-in invisible box that is the same kind of thing used to surround cars which cannot be created at runtime. Only cloned. The care package model and trigger radius follows it. A brush model for the mappers out there. :smoke:

Anyways, are you suggesting friendlies shouldnt magically see or be affected by the smoke while the enemy is? But I agree this is a teamwork problem nothing more. Over the years some servers I have played the teams talk to and work together constantly. Quite a different experience than those that dont. :w00t:

• Member ID:  3710
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  288
  • Birthday:  07/08/1995

Yes,Ccobra Bites. I admit that i had stole one package on 6/10/12 about 11:00am. The pacatage was a UAV Guided Missle and the owner was StAnZe ( or something like that ). He call the package in the enemy spawn point because there are like 3 left. When i join the game, the package was dropped, so i think that the package is from the opposite team. I had asked by the team speak thing and no one answer me, so I took it and after that i found out that it is stanze. I apologize a lot of time already and I promise i will not do that again.

PS: I just steal ONE care package in the whole time playing in this server. I didn't stole any one's else.

Edited by (ELS) MAC 11

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

I wonder who GRABBED your package Cobra?...I vow to find this thief and punish him according to XI rules..Give us a HINT Cobra..High...Eye colors...Skin complexion...DOES HE HAVE A BIG MOUTH?.

Yes he does have a big mouth it was that MAC 11 fellow, at least I think hes a fellow..... :hrhr: :hrhr: :hrhr:

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

I accidentally took a care package in the first couple days of me being on servers and got a stern lecture and never again will I without permission if at all..

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE :hrhr: :hrhr: :hrhr:

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Yes,Ccobra Bites. I admit that i had stole one package on 6/10/12 about 11:00am. The pacatage was a UAV Guided Missle and the owner was StAnZe ( or something like that ). He call the package in the enemy spawn point because there are like 3 left. When i join the game, the package was dropped, so i think that the package is from the opposite team. I had asked by the team speak thing and no one answer me, so I took it and after that i found out that it is stanze. I apologize a lot of time already and I promise i will not do that again.

PS: I just steal ONE care package in the whole time playing in this server. I didn't stole any one's else.

thats not what i been hearing..and i know for fact you stole one of mine b4 as well then u lied bout it just saying

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I propose taking them out of the game altogether, it's obviously people are still taking no notice, us admins have enough to watch out for without having to break up petty little squabbles over these things.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

• Member ID:  1959
  • Followers:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2569
  • Birthday:  05/30/1946

Whoa up! Taking them out defeats the whole purpose of trying rack up points.

Better suggestion would be:

1. Add it to the rules

2 . Warn the player only twice, that they can't steal another player's package.

3. Punishment for violation- Kick off server a couple of times to get the message across- And if that doesn't work ban the putz.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

i dont have problem keeping them just wish people would respect that if u workd to earn it leave it alone..or wish they was way to set it where only u or the enemie can get them that would be nice too

Taking something that is fun out of the game is not a solution. It penalizes everybody because of a few dumb asses. Bad manners can ruin any game.

As for only you or enemies that defeats part of the purpose. It should allow friends to take the package if for some reason you cannot. Think of it this way. Your team is down 1-15 and your standing next an unclaimed friendly RC-XD package where the owner is frozen. If you could get it to unfreeze many of your teammates that alone would make friendlies taking packages worth it.

Add to above: If an admin thinks a player is being really annoying he can always do this and let the fun begin.

post-3036-0-92255000-1349725266_thumb.jpg

• Member ID:  2774
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1172
  • Birthday:  05/04/1978

i've had mine stolen a few times in our own spawn and the jerk saw me call it in wasn't even dead and he grabs it i think cobra remembers my complaining in game chat and on xfire about it. now if i was killed and frozen then it's fine but not when i am moving and waiting for it.

Awards

If they were fun we would not be posting here, i go in the server everyday lately and have to listen to certain players going on about care packages and who steals them, then have to listen to the other person defend themselves, it don't sound like they are having fun at all. Monk what did you do with all your points before care packages were introduced, remember they are just a new thing (amongst many) in ftag, you just used your points on other perks, as for adding warnings, i find people don't read any rules before they join a server or hardly read any pop up messages on the screen as they appear and i really don't want to start kicking people who maybe cannot understand good English because they did not understand an on screen message etc and that's basically what we are talking about, it is usually strangers who take the packages, if it is a long time player in our server who knows what is going on and takes them without asking then there is no excuse for that, you can put all the messages you like but it won't stop the arguments when it happens.

Edited by Sonovabich

If they were fun we would not be posting here, i go in the server everyday now and have to listen to certain players going on about care packages and who steals them, then have to listen to the other person defend themselves, it don't sound like they are having fun at all.

It depends on how you play the game. If everyone did nothing but run around and spam 3x nades with sonic boom it wouldnt be very fun either. But in this case any discussion should be easy. Did the player who took it even try to ask first? If he did but nobody said boo about it then ok. But if he didnt, or the owner said no and the guy took it anyways, then that is a rules infraction and should be handled appropriately.

My own pov is to not worry about designing around douchbags. That is left to the admins, as it should be, and they should be given the tools to deal with such people.

Sammy what you are proposing about us admins being able to punish others for indiscretions sounds and looks great, but we already had stuff in place like that a couple of years ago but Rugger removed it because he felt it was being abused by some admins, if Rugger approved it, it would be great but it still leaves it open to abuse.

Sammy what you are proposing about us admins being able to punish others for indiscretions sounds and looks great, but we already had stuff in place like that a couple of years ago but Rugger removed it because he felt it was being abused by some admins, if Rugger approved it, it would be great but it still leaves it open to abuse.

well i think if your an admin, you have to maintane a form of leadership and example for the rest of us....if you abuse it, well are you worth it to have those ADM tags?

I think it is a good idea but i know if we do get it, it will only be a matter of time before some disgruntled player goes running to Rugger and tells him we are abusing it.

• Member ID:  824
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  317
  • Achievement Points:  2144
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/08/1967

PS: I just steal ONE care package in the whole time playing in this server. I didn't stole any one's else. TO FUNNY MAC 11 , u were in the game for 2 rounds first off , second i was telling u on voice chat not to take the package . u just didnt listen like u never do and say after u do something O i didnt know it was yours or i was not froozen when i the the game . u re the biggest bull sitter on the server act liker u did nothing wrong and lie your fuckin ass off after the fact . i have had many other players saying that u have done thew same thing and play dumb after doing it . your act is getting realy old mac11

• Member ID:  824
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  317
  • Achievement Points:  2144
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/08/1967

Also love tha care package perk sammy , lets not take it away because we have somew aholes who do not want to follow the rules thanks

See, people even want to fight about it in this post :no

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  43
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1347
  • Birthday:  07/13/1971
  • Device:  iPhone

I just switched my kill streak perk from the rc to the care package because the car always gets jammed before you can defrost or kill anyone. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the car. I dont mind if a teammate gets my package if im frozen before I can get to it. I tried to give one away to Yellow the other night after I died. I would want a teammate to get it before the enemy can get to it.

Awards