Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Voting On Cod2 Dm Server

MrCrowe

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2005
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12796
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966
  • Device:  Windows

Very well said LOM...I for one have never liked the vote for maps set-up but this isn't about what I like it's about the membership as a whole...We have tried several different mods over the last year in an attempt to keep everyone happy and we have yet to succeed in that goal...I am the one that suggested to Rugger to make Blimp Cottage a shottie map because there was people wanting a shottie map and in the past that was always a favorite along with Wow Cheesy...There is a miriad of cluster fuck maps that no one likes and that is the reason imput was requested as what maps needed to be removed...It's easier for the membership to voice what maps need to be removed than it is for the Adm's to spend all their time trying to figure it out...We spend alot of time in the servers and the website keeping up with Clan business but we do have real lives too that needs attending...To call out an Adm and ask for an apology for making a truthful observation is uncalled for...We all have the best interest of >XI< and it's membership at heart so let's be civil and get this worked out... :) :)

One thing that is very frustrating is that we asked for clan member input on what maps were a problem and did not receive much input at all. It is in our goal to make the server the best as we can, but that is hard to do when we post and we don't get much input. We try hard to do what is best for the clan but, we cannot please everyone on everything that they want all the time. We have to think about more than our own personal needs on the server. As I have asked before post what is on your mind and we will discuss it and do what is best for >XI<.

Window

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

Viper (Rene) and a few others asked me if we can add one more shootie and one pistol map. Considering how many maps we have on the rotation, I think its a vald request. What do you think guys?.

I agree there is room to add those... :) :)

Awards

• Member ID:  822
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I have been reading all these posts at work and have not been able to reply, I am actually still working but gotta say that It saddens me that some comments, although well intentioned, are based on false or falsely perceived premises.

LOM, I truly appreciate your post and the time you take to address and explain the issues with the server. You paint a very accurate picture of the situation but unfortunately use the wrong colors and perspective describing me as a person and ultimately my "intentions".

I am not an insurgent or a tugh trying to disrupt the established order here and I have never intended to adapt the server to my personal preferences. That would be selfish and does not reflect my true personality not only as a player but also as a human being. I am reading these posts and getting literarily sick to my stomach with the number of people mad me for having bad maps, being spawned killed and having to put up with this “fucked up system”.

I did not suggest the current voting system the way it is . What I had in mind was having a map rotation like we have in COD4 ACE mode and the option to “forfeit” some maps. What this means, at least in COD4 is that the players have the option to go into spectator mode and get the following map in the rotation after a period of time. That was the nature of my suggestion and an option not for just The Glove and myself but for other players and XI members who leave at night when they get big maps. I apologize to Rugger if I didn’t make myself clear enough.

Sorry, gotta go, I’m out of time. Will try to finish later

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Viper (Rene) and a few others asked me if we can add one more shootie and one pistol map. Considering how many maps we have on the rotation, I think its a vald request. What do you think guys?.

There is plenty of room for at least one, and with the current rotation room for about 4.

I have been reading all these posts at work and have not been able to reply, I am actually still working but gotta say that It saddens me that some comments, although well intentioned, are based on false or falsely perceived premises.

LOM, I truly appreciate your post and the time you take to address and explain the issues with the server. You paint a very accurate picture of the situation but unfortunately use the wrong colors and perspective describing me as a person and ultimately my "intentions".

I am not an insurgent or a tugh trying to disrupt the established order here and I have never intended to adapt the server to my personal preferences. That would be selfish and does not reflect my true personality not only as a player but also as a human being. I am reading these posts and getting literarily sick to my stomach with the number of people mad me for having bad maps, being spawned killed and having to put up with this “fucked up system”.

I did not suggest the current voting system the way it is . What I had in mind was having a map rotation like we have in COD4 ACE mode and the option to “forfeit” some maps. What this means, at least in COD4 is that the players have the option to go into spectator mode and get the following map in the rotation after a period of time. That was the nature of my suggestion and an option not for just The Glove and myself but for other players and XI members who leave at night when they get big maps. I apologize to Rugger if I didn’t make myself clear enough.

Joe,

You accused Pete of changing maps "because he wasn't winning" and then asked for an apology from him without knowing all the facts. Had that comment been directed at me, insulted would be a very mild way of describing what my mood would be like. BUT, we're adults here and need to act accordingly. I'm not mad at you and anybody that is upset will get over it quickly. As admins our job is to help keep the servers fun for as many people as possible. It's been said thousands of times, nobody will be happy all of the time. In this case Rugger did a major overhaul to what some perceive as changes that were requested by a very small minority of players, so yeah, some people resent it a little bit. In his infinite wisdom, Rugger made the changes and now it's up to us to sort through them and hopefully wind up with something that most of us are happy with. In the meantime I strongly suggest that everybody who wants to be heard pays attention to the message boards and offer very specific input with what they would like to see.

It's like voting in an election. If you don't vote you have no right to complain. If anybody sees people in-game complaining about the servers tell them to get in here and post their suggestions or shut the fuck up (in a nice way of course). We've been discussing this for almost a month and there's only been about 6 people that have been involved in the discussion. Let's make this a group effort and get the job done.

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

If you could post the map list, it might job people's memories on which maps they want to see gone.

I do know wawa needs to go or become pistols or something

Also Dead end is ridiculous with anything other than shotties or pistols

If you post the list I am sure people will give you more input

Just a thought

• Member ID:  2560
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956

Nick makes a good point. Although it might be an issue for some to remember the subtleties of each new map. There are many maps that I have never seen before, some very good, some okay and some that need to be changed or removed. That being said, I feel that the/a voting system seems to work. I can't recall hearing one complaint about the voting system since it's inception. I have been on quite a bit more than usual due to a week off at work.

and for the record ...

I took more exception to Artimus Primes' comment about the server being changed for only 3 people. I can't help but think that comment was directed towards Joe, myself and who knows who.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14888
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Achievement Points:  91105
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970

Joe, everyone is frustrated, including you and myself. No need for finger pointing guys, we will get through this and make it right... You have my promise on that.

With that said, I would like to thank the few players that were on this evening in helping myself, Pman & Oldman in going through all or most of the 68 maps that are on the rotation. Without your imput and patience, it would be possible to do this. I truly apprieciate your help guys.... Kudo's to you...

Joe,

You accused Pete of changing maps "because he wasn't winning" and then asked for an apology from him without knowing all the facts. Had that comment been directed at me, insulted would be a very mild way of describing what my mood would be like. BUT, we're adults here and need to act accordingly. I'm not mad at you and anybody that is upset will get over it quickly. As admins our job is to help keep the servers fun for as many people as possible. It's been said thousands of times, nobody will be happy all of the time. In this case Rugger did a major overhaul to what some perceive as changes that were requested by a very small minority of players, so yeah, some people resent it a little bit. In his infinite wisdom, Rugger made the changes and now it's up to us to sort through them and hopefully wind up with something that most of us are happy with. In the meantime I strongly suggest that everybody who wants to be heard pays attention to the message boards and offer very specific input with what they would like to see.

It's like voting in an election. If you don't vote you have no right to complain. If anybody sees people in-game complaining about the servers tell them to get in here and post their suggestions or shut the fuck up (in a nice way of course). We've been discussing this for almost a month and there's only been about 6 people that have been involved in the discussion. Let's make this a group effort and get the job done.

LOM,

My comments have been taken as a personal attack towards an administrator, when in fact I was asking for some ``consistency`` between this particular administrators actions and statements. Nothing else. I did not question this persons integrity, good name or reputation, I was demanding and explanation, because for many of us playing here is a privilege.

We make time to play, we don`t play to kill time. Finding the COD2 server full of players is a treat, but having, at the same time, an administrator around, who is changing not one, but two maps in a row, and is in the process of changing a third one, without letting anyone know, or saying why, with XI members playing and asking the maps not to be changed is to say the least...``disconcerting``.

And it gets even more ``disconcerting: when you go to the web site and find a post from the exact same administrator, a few hours later, telling the members that if they don`t like a map there`s no need to worry because a new map is only 20 minutes away.. I don`t know if I am getting my point across, and to be honest I think is irrelevant at this point, because this whole issue is, excuse my language, fucked up.

I apologize if I used the wrong means to voice my concerns, but can`t apologize for having these concerns in the first place.

Cheers

Joe

Let me handle this Steve...

Joe, when you specifically tell me to get off my pedestal and listen to the members, you are in fact questioning my integrity and reputation, in the most disrespectful and condisending manor. Like I said, I'm open to concerns but when u call me an asshole to my face, well I take exception to that.

Secondly, have u not heard the inordinate amount of complaints voiced by players of late? Its my job to address those concerns to the best of my capability, and if changing the map is needed, I will do so. I am fully aware that not everyone will be pleased by that, but I have to consider the wishes of the group as a whole.

My job is to monitor the servers, help members with problems or concerns and make this a fun gaming experience for everyone. With that said, if your don't like a certain map, wait 20 minutes, it's bound to change soon.. But when u get a cluster fuck of bad spawn raping maps in a row, and members are upset.. That's where my assistance is required...

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11880
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106471
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

So far these are the only maps that I have been told need to go out Dead End, Wawa 3D Aim, Hill 24, Volga Russia, Dark Forest and they are gone.

Blimp Cottage was suggested to change into a shotty only and that has been done.

Guys if you are in a game and there is a map you dont like I want something to change then hit the tab key and the name of the map is on the top of the page, write it down and make a note on what you want.

I will try anything you want but you need to let me know what you want. I will change anything to pistols only, shotty only just speak up and let me know what maps.

So far these are the only maps that I have been told need to go out Dead End, Wawa 3D Aim, Hill 24, Volga Russia, Dark Forest and they are gone.

Blimp Cottage was suggested to change into a shotty only and that has been done.

Guys if you are in a game and there is a map you dont like I want something to change then hit the tab key and the name of the map is on the top of the page, write it down and make a note on what you want.

I will try anything you want but you need to let me know what you want. I will change anything to pistols only, shotty only just speak up and let me know what maps.

Thanks Rugger, last nite Pman, OldMan and myself with the help of several members, went through the entire map rotation. This evening I will chat with Bart and others and we will have a complete list of maps to be deleted and a few changes to some if possible. I wish to thank you again for helping with this, and I will have that list ASAP.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11880
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106471
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

• Member ID:  1189
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2005
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12796
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

Thanks Rugger, last nite Pman, OldMan and myself with the help of several members, went through the entire map rotation. This evening I will chat with Bart and others and we will have a complete list of maps to be deleted and a few changes to some if possible. I wish to thank you again for helping with this, and I will have that list ASAP.

Pete

If I can be of any help just let me know. I will be on for awhile tonight just hit me up if needed.

Window

• Member ID:  113
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  1295
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8353
  • Birthday:  07/11/1969

Let me handle this Steve...

Joe, when you specifically tell me to get off my pedestal and listen to the members, you are in fact questioning my integrity and reputation, in the most disrespectful and condisending manor. Like I said, I'm open to concerns but when u call me an asshole to my face, well I take exception to that.

Secondly, have u not heard the inordinate amount of complaints voiced by players of late? Its my job to address those concerns to the best of my capability, and if changing the map is needed, I will do so. I am fully aware that not everyone will be pleased by that, but I have to consider the wishes of the group as a whole.

My job is to monitor the servers, help members with problems or concerns and make this a fun gaming experience for everyone. With that said, if your don't like a certain map, wait 20 minutes, it's bound to change soon.. But when u get a cluster fuck of bad spawn raping maps in a row, and members are upset.. That's where my assistance is required...

WOW, this is most drama I have seen since Area something or other, not been around lately due to work, sry. I have to agree with Pete, there have been maps that I have never liked since I became an Admin, some people do, I would just go to spectate and take a break no big deal, let the 4 or 5 members who want to play it- play it. It's just a game, not splitting DNA here!!

• Member ID:  113
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  1295
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8353
  • Birthday:  07/11/1969

THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE!

XI is an adult clan with no prohibitions on use of language except for two primary rules: no racist remarks, and no personal attacks. You need to check your sensitive feelings at the door when you come here: if you don't like it, don't look at it or don't comment on it. If you believe someone has broken one of our rules, let an admin know and we will take action as needed. We also do not tolerate cheating or disrespect by members or guests, and insist on good sportsmanship. Violations can lead to permanent bans. We play for fun, we play with honor, and we strive to treat each other with respect and consideration. No one, member or guest, is above our Code.

Edited by LittleTooT

Pete,

I have never treated anyone with disrespect here. I didn't call you or would call you an "asshole". I acknoledge using a bad choice of words to describe a confusing scenario: I perceived you as an administrator running in automated mode, changing maps at will, with disregard to other peoples opinion. Some people were complaining, others asking what was going on but there were no answers, just new maps. I now understand that you were frustrated and trying to do your job. I got frustrated trying to find out what was going on and left.

I would like apologize for making the statements I made regarding you and what I perceived were you actions. I did not intend this to be a personal attack. I will send a PM to the senior adms requesting my posting on this thread be deleted, and a couple personal PM to other two admins who got involved in this discussion.

I will then remove myself from this discussion.

Thanks

Toot: Just for the record, I do appreciate you posting the Code. I intended all day long to write this post but did not have the chance to do so. I have a small break by the end of the day that I use to read and write personal emails. I have no access to a computer during the day, just my phone.

Pete,

I have never treated anyone with disrespect here. I didn't call you or would call you an "asshole". I acknoledge using a bad choice of words to describe a confusing scenario: I perceived you as an administrator running in automated mode, changing maps at will, with disregard to other peoples opinion. Some people were complaining, others asking what was going on but there were no answers, just new maps. I now understand that you were frustrated and trying to do your job. I got frustrated trying to find out what was going on and left.

I would like apologize for making the statements I made regarding you and what I perceived were you actions. I did not intend this to be a personal attack. I will send a PM to the senior adms requesting my posting on this thread be deleted, and a couple personal PM to other two admins who got involved in this discussion.

I will then remove myself from this discussion.

Thanks

Toot: Just for the record, I do appreciate you posting the Code. I intended all day long to write this post but did not have the chance to do so. I have a small break by the end of the day that I use to read and write personal emails. I have no access to a computer during the day, just my phone.

Joe, I have and still do consider you as a good gaming friend. I apprieciate and value your opinion. Obviously with the changes that have been implimented, we are all frustrated and like any family, we take it out on each other. Maybe in the future before we jump to conclusions, we have a personal chat, and that goes for myself as well...

We are all good buddy..

Pete (Ter)

50a73c76607f2_3nc3k53p85V05Q45T6a5583e00bbd58331121.jpg

Why don't you two get a fucking room. :welcome:

I don`t really understand these last two posts, am I being mocked here?

• Member ID:  3095
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1277
  • Birthday:  02/14/1963

Let's not get all upset. Afterall, it's just a game. :)

I don`t really understand these last two posts, am I being mocked here?

Yes Joe, you and Pete both are being mocked with extreme sarcasm for kissing each other's ass, although I'm sure Pete would like to go a little further than ass kissing with you. :smoke:

• Member ID:  171
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1487
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  8690
  • Birthday:  05/05/1970

:no Been over a month since nade'n you Fuckin Idiots! :crazy: Hope to be shootin it up with you Idiots soon! ;)